PDA

View Full Version : New Fosters: Tommy and Tuppence

Freedom
02-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, there are no foster homes available, so the 2 kittens I had come through here on Monday are here . . . indefinitely. I have named them. Now, you all KNOW I have failed fostering repeatedly. I am nervous about having them here, and naming them, and working on socializing them!

Please meet: Tommy and Tuppence
I named them for the characters in the Young Adults "Partners in Crime" series.

They have been spayed and neutered; have had rabies and distemper shots, dewormed. FIV and FeLV negative.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2008/Tommy%20and%20Tuppence/Tommy.jpghttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2008/Tommy%20and%20Tuppence/Tuppence.jpg

Here is the bio I wrote for them:

Tommy and Tuppence are brother and sister, born August 27, 2007. They are a bonded pair and need to be adopted together and remain together.

They have lived together outside in a feral colony until recently, when they were caught for spay and neuter. We discovered that they had no fear of humans and are quite friendly.

Tommy is all black, and is the more dominant of the two. He loves tummy rubs and purrs when he gets them. Tuppence is more shy and watches her brother for signs of what to do. She is black and white with white socks on her front paws. She will not come to you, but will allow you to pick her up and hold her. She has not purred as yet.

They are still shy about being inside a home. Tommy and Tuppence have been staying in one room, with toys and all their needed items. They run to hide when you enter, but Tommy will come over if you sit quietly and call him, tapping your leg. They will need time and patience to fully adjust to life in a home. They MUST be kept indoors. Because they have lived outdoors so long, once out they will take off. Children in the home must understand this and not allow them to slip out a door.

Tommy and Tuppence will do best in an all adult home with a socialized cat, so they can copy behaviors.

slick
02-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Now, you all KNOW I have failed fostering repeatedly. :D I'm smirking over here because I've seen words like this time and time again on Pet Talk. I swear, I could never foster. I would keep them all.

What sweet, sweet babies. I guess it will take an understanding and experienced home to bring out the friendly felines that lie beneath. Good luck.

Freedom
02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
I can NOT keep these two! I am more than overwhelmed, and running a risk of the ACO coming over to say I am hoarding!!!

We don't have a cat limit in this city, although we ARE limited to 3 dogs per household. (I'm over that already, they count foster dogs the same as owned.) What we have is an anti hoarding rule, so they can make you move animals even though they are well cared for, up to date with vetting and such.

I need my spare bedroom back. Vita, Cuddles and Bobby are all bent out of shape; Vita is marking. Cuddles is howling off and on. Bobby won't eat unless I sit in the room with him (he is on a prescription food and has to eat alone. He WAS eating in the spare bedroom, but he refuses to go in there with the kittens. They are from HIS former colony! :rolleyes: )

Medusa
02-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Ruh roh! Sure hope you find homes for these cuties quick!

Felicia's Mom
02-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Best of luck finding homes for Tommy and Tuppence!

catmandu
02-02-2008, 09:57 AM
AND SEEING THOSE CUTE SWEET LITTLE FACES , I BET THAT YOU FAIL FOSTERING AGAIN AND TOMMY AND TUPPENCE END UP WITH THE IDEAL FURREVER HOME WITH A WONDERFUL MEEEEOWMIE!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: