01-31-2008, 12:39 PM
I saw this report on a local tv news station yesterday. I would urge all
those with weak stomachs to skip the video by the Humane Society, but
definately read the report itself. It's info we should know & conditions we
should all care about.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=7798872

Jessika
01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
That's really awful. I'm no vegetarian, but I feel there is a right and a wrong way to raise and treat animals who are to be eaten. The fact that people can subject ANY animal to such mindless cruelty is beyond any word I can publically use.

moosmom
01-31-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm having a salad tonight and praying for those poor animals. I will ban ANY meat from Westland Meat Company. Don't tell me they didn't know what was going on. That's a bunch of crap!! :mad: :mad:

Alysser
01-31-2008, 01:43 PM
That's really awful. I'm no vegetarian, but I feel there is a right and a wrong way to raise and treat animals who are to be eaten. The fact that people can subject ANY animal to such mindless cruelty is beyond any word I can publically use.

Jessika, I agree with you 100%. Although I am not a vegetarian I think they NEED to be cared for properly and not harmed. That really sickens me. Poor cows. :mad: Hope those jerks get what they deserve.

lizbud
01-31-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm glad this final indignity & cruel handling of already injured & sick
animals, comes back to haunt their dreams. I am glad they were fired
but they should be charged for animal cruelty as well.

anna_66
01-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Liz I seen this report on the local news yesterday. I wish they would have gave a graphic warning. The video they have is haunting. It hurt me so much to see these animals treated this way:(
I won't even speak what I think they should do to the people who treated those animals like that :mad:

lizbud
02-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Liz I seen this report on the local news yesterday. I wish they would have gave a graphic warning. The video they have is haunting. It hurt me so much to see these animals treated this way:(
I won't even speak what I think they should do to the people who treated those animals like that :mad:

Anna, I know. I was shocked to see it on the 5pm news with no advance
warning.I couldn't bear more than a few minutes of the scenes. :( :(

I think the reason it was a local report was because some of the meat
went to Indiana school kids.(probably Ohio too)

lizbud
02-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Update on this story & a gigantic recall of the beef processed there.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/02/17/usdabeef.recall.ap/index.html

momoffuzzyfaces
02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
They just showed that on our local news. No warning. I'm still in tears. Those poor cows!!! :mad: :( I'll probably have nightmares tonight. :(

lizbud
03-12-2008, 06:37 PM
The owner of this meat processing plant appeared before a Congressional
panel today & acknowledged his business is ruined because of their unsafe
& cruel handling of sick animals.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-congress-slaughterhouse-abuse,0,6219647.story

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, I can't say I'm sorry. If he didn't have anyone checking on the process in his plant, he should have checked it himself. Even routine quality control would have caught that.

I'm sorry 220 people will be out of work but someone had to have known what was going on. What about the thousands of people that may come down with some illness 12 years from now. Just no excuse for any company who handles our food supply to be lax in their processing. They should have the strictest standards. If they can't or won't, well, I don't want to eat their products. :(

luckies4me
03-15-2008, 01:21 AM
I wonder if this is the place where the Oregon tainted meat came from, that was sent to all the elementary schools? Has anyone heard that story?