PDA

View Full Version : Do your animals ever refuse food?

anna_66
08-16-2002, 08:36 AM
Roxey does.
We only feed them 2x's/day-once in the am (7am or so) and once in the pm-(6pm or so). So it surprises me that she would turn down her food, and the most surprising is that she turns down wet dog food:eek:
In the am I mix wet & dry, because Angus has to have his pills and it's the best way to get him to take them, so I give all 3 a mix of wet and dry food.
Angus & Huney NEVER turn down canned food, I just can't understand why Roxey does. Don't all dogs just love canned food?
I know they say Siberians don't carry extra fat on their bodies, but man, it just boggles me.
Anyone else have this experience?

C.C.'s Mom
08-16-2002, 09:02 AM
Cookie refuses food lately. She just looks at it, and walks away. Now I started to soak it in warm water, and she eats it again. But she loves canned food, which she gets in the weekend mixed with the regular food. No matter what brand it is.
She won't refuse human food though, no matter what it is.

Rudie is also very, very picky. We got 10 free little packs from Whiskas and now that is all he wants to eat. Normally a cat needs 4 of them per day. And Rudie? If I let him, he'll eat 10 and ask for more..
He doesn't like canned food from any other brand than Whiskas, and there only a few that have no fish inside.

Eddy eats every cat food I feed her. Such a good girl.

Piglet
08-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Piglet will eat almost anything! :D

lovemymaltese
08-26-2002, 12:03 PM
My parents dog Snoopy will not eat anything that is not room temperature, nothing cold or hot. Snoopy will also not eat anything that is a pork product. Tango does not turn his nose up to very much, only the wet dog food that is solid versus having meat chunks.

Former User
08-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Kitty is very picky. Casper eats almost everything, but if the food isn't to his taste, he will mope around all day and look really pitiful, as if the food is the most worst thing he's ever had :rolleyes:

ChrisH
08-26-2002, 02:27 PM
Bob has his main meal in the afternoon/evening after I have mine so he has scraps added now and then, but even if he doesn`t he still eats it all 99.9% of the time. And waits for his Bonio biscuits for afters! However, he hasn`t always been that way, he used to be very fussy about his food, wet or dry, and I`m not really sure when he changed to eating properly/well, it was so gradual, took quite a time. It was a combination of getting a food he liked/suited him and sort of weaning him on it, one day adding some grated cheese, next time gravy/soup(especially chicken), sometimes warming it a little, then gradualy reducing the added stuff until as it is now, occasionally.
I did once have an opposite sort of a problem to the one you have with Roxey. Duke, a GSD who refused to eat sometimes, until I got another two dogs, he soon figured out that if he didn`t eat it Blue or Max would, he soon stopped being so fussy!
So, I don`t think I can help much with Roxey except to suggest maybe doing some of what I did with Bob, feed her once a day, warm the food up a little/add some cheese or favourite something, also maybe feed her on her own? Though I don`t know how feasible any of that could be, given that you have the three dogs.
Anyway, perhaps it is a husky thing and in that case maybe the other husky owners on Pet Talk will have the answer for you. Hope so. Anyway, Good luck with finding the solution.
:)