PDA

View Full Version : New house, new view, same neighbors?

kuhio98
01-30-2008, 06:17 PM
After months of remodeling, we are now living in our new house. We just moved about a mile away from our old house. Our back yard borders a military reservation. There are no houses or roads between us and the mountains.

So, here's our view.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/EarlyView3.jpg

But, our neighbors look suspiciously familiar.
Do you think they followed us? :p
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/Moose004.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/Moose003.jpg

Taz_Zoee
01-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Wow, that is a beautiful view!! I'm jealous.
And your neighbors must like you, since they followed you there. hee hee :p
They are beautiful to look at as well.

lizbud
01-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Beautiful view. :) I'm sure the horses love it too. Are they yours?

chocolatepuppy
01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
It's so beautiful there! And it's great your 'neighbors' followed you. :D

kuhio98
01-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Beautiful view. :) I'm sure the horses love it too. Are they yours?
Horses? :confused:
Look closer. Imagine them with antlers. :D

Oh! Also forgot to mention that a coyote has been hanging out back there. The kitties monitor him running from window to window when he's around.

Cinder & Smoke
01-30-2008, 07:14 PM
NICE View!! ;)

DRS (dirty rotten shame) they stuck that power line 'tween You and the Scenery! :(

Do you guys invite "the neighbors" in for snacks or dinner?

Edwina's Secretary
01-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Be still my heart! What an incredibly beautiful view. You cannot know how envious I am of such a sight.....I was so enchanted I did not even see the power lines until I went back after reading Phred's post.

and...I would love to see you saddle up one of those "horse"! :D ;) I think you would be in for quite a ride! :D :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-30-2008, 07:36 PM
I would love to see you saddle up one of those "horse"! :D ;)
I think you would be in for quite a ride! :D :D

But they've got built-on REINS ... just lookit those EARS!

Hop on and HANG ON!!
:D

KYS
01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
beautiful, you are so lucky. aren't those moose? ;)

kuhio98
01-30-2008, 09:38 PM
beautiful, you are so lucky. aren't those moose? ;)Yeppers! Sorry for the confusion. I forget that moose aren't that common in other places.

kuhio98
01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
NICE View!! ;)

DRS (dirty rotten shame) they stuck that power line 'tween You and the Scenery! :(I know. According to the neighbors, they put those in a few years ago. :( I am getting used to them now.

joycenalex
01-31-2008, 03:44 AM
ya know...my back neighbor is rosie the elderly min-pin, my view is a blue ranch house and some dried out tomato plants, let me say about yours....wowsa. and i didn't see the power lines either

anna_66
01-31-2008, 06:59 AM
Absolutely Stunning!

How cool would it be to have moose as neighbors?!

Rachel
01-31-2008, 07:33 AM
Wowsa is right! Amazing what we get to see right here at Pet Talk. Thanks for sharing.

beeniesmom
01-31-2008, 07:42 AM
One word: Amazing :)

elizabethann
01-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Is that a moose laying down on the left hand side of the picture? Pretty pictures and view btw.

Lilith Cherry
01-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Really beautiful snowscene! It "almost " makes me homesick ( but I don't like cold feet LOL!)

pitc9
01-31-2008, 08:23 AM
Wow!
That's the kind of neighbors I'd love to have!!

Ginger's Mom
01-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Beautiful view. I really had to smile when I saw your neighbors. I wouldn't mind if all of my neighbors had four legs. :D

Sonia59
01-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow, wonderful! And I love the "horses" too! :)

I was wondering how people who live in a place covered with snow for weeks or months feel about it. Do you get bored after some time? I like it when I go skiing in the Alps for one week and I find the landscapes so beautiful, but perhaps it's different when you live in the middle of white the whole year.

lizbud
01-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Horses? :confused:
Look closer. Imagine them with antlers. :D

LOL. I've got to get better lighting. :o :D

critter crazy
01-31-2008, 09:54 AM
WOW!!! Just absolutely Gorgeous!!!:eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
01-31-2008, 09:57 AM
What a lovely view to have!

kuhio98
01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Is that a moose laying down on the left hand side of the picture? Pretty pictures and view btw.Yes. There were 5 of them at the time I took the photo, but they were too far apart to get all of them together. Two of them were laying down and stayed there for several hours.

kuhio98
01-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow, wonderful! And I love the "horses" too! :)

I was wondering how people who live in a place covered with snow for weeks or months feel about it. Do you get bored after some time? I like it when I go skiing in the Alps for one week and I find the landscapes so beautiful, but perhaps it's different when you live in the middle of white the whole year.No, I don't get bored. I love winter sports. I have no problem driving on snow and ice. But, I'm pretty much a couch potato so sitting inside by the fireplace (surrounded by cats, of course) is fine with me.

gini
01-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Beautiful view - I never noticed the power pole either when I first looked.

Do the moose become skittish and run away if you were to approach them?

Karen
01-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Seeing as moose have a natural range of up to 22 miles a day, I am not surprised they are at the new house, too!

I am completely jealous.

Despite many attempts, many highways driven adorned with "moose crossing signs" and visits with people who say "the moose comes every day" - I have never seen a moose in person.

lvpets2002
01-31-2008, 12:57 PM
;) :eek: Oh WoW just look at that view.. Breathtaken.. Looks cold.. Yes I think your neighbors followed you.. Such Moose Heads mmmm.. :D

Alysser
01-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow, what a beautiful view! :eek: I would LOVE to live there. Want company? :p ;)

LOL, your neighbors loved you so much they followed you.

kuhio98
01-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Beautiful view - I never noticed the power pole either when I first looked.

Do the moose become skittish and run away if you were to approach them?They would probably run away if I was foolish enough to approach a wild animal.

Edwina's Secretary
01-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Two of them were laying down and stayed there for several hours.

That's how you can tell they aren't horses, right? :D ;) :D Horses cannot lay down for very long! :D

gemini9961
01-31-2008, 02:17 PM
I want those neighbors. My hubby and I love moose. Guess we will have to leave FL to have moose neighbors, huh. :o

Gorgeous view.......I'll trade ya. :D

I have moose on my shower curtain, moose towel rod, moose toilet paper holder, moose on the wall hangings, moose paper towel holder, moose candle holders.....but no real moose. :(

carole
01-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Oh my gosh Lisa, what a picture postcard that is, you are so lucky to live there, and i love your neighbours too,thanks for sharing, hope you are well and happy settled in your new home,any pics of the house? :)

kuhio98
02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Oh my gosh Lisa, what a picture postcard that is, you are so lucky to live there, and i love your neighbours too,thanks for sharing, hope you are well and happy settled in your new home,any pics of the house? :)carole ~ Sorry, I don't have any photos of the house with me. But, I did find one of the master bedroom (before we remodeled it).

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/Master1.jpg

See that door in the back? That is the door to the master closet. The closet was located on the east wall -- right were the million dollar view is! So, we had the closet ripped out and relocated. We put in a window and that little nook is now my office. And this is the view from my office:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Early%20View/EarlyView11.jpg

Don't people think when they build a house? Why would I only want 1 window in the master bedroom? And that 1 window looks out onto the roof of the house next door? When, I could relocated the closet and look at gorgeous mountains all the time? :confused:

Anyway, we're very happy with how it came out.

ramanth
02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Very nice!! And such a breathtaking view.

So since Glacier is dealing with -40 temps, what was the temp when those photos were taken? :D

kuhio98
02-01-2008, 05:53 PM
So since Glacier is dealing with -40 temps, what was the temp when those photos were taken? :DIt's around 5 above in Anchorage. (-15 C)

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I think if we put my office view in front of your office view we would achieve perfection! :D :D :D

kuhio98
02-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I think if we put my office view in front of your office view we would achieve perfection! :D :D :DThat would be perfect! I wonder if I could photoshop Eddie and Edwina into my office window? I promise to turn up the heat for them. :p

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2008, 09:06 PM
They may have forgotten...but they are both Chicagoans by birth...and Chicago street children at that. They ONCE were accustomed to the cold!

caseysmom
02-01-2008, 09:23 PM
It's around 5 above in Anchorage. (-15 C)
Gosh that is sweltering, got your bikini on?

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Okay...I just returned from eating dinner at a restaurant...outside...first time I EVER thought it fun to live here!

gini
02-02-2008, 12:40 AM
It's a bit difficult to think of Edwina as a "street child" - but then that might explain her attitude.

I think putting Kuhio's view together with your office view would be pure perfection. Throw in a moose or two - what more could you want?

lizbud
02-02-2008, 09:15 AM
I think putting Kuhio's view together with your office view would be pure perfection. Throw in a moose or two - what more could you want?

Maybe a few horses. :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Maybe a few horses. :D

:D :D :D ...good one Liz!

kuhio98
02-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Wow, what a beautiful view! :eek: I would LOVE to live there. Want company? :p ;)

LOL, your neighbors loved you so much they followed you.Come on up! The Fur Rondy (http://www.furrondy.net/) is this month and the Iditarod (http://www.iditarod.com/) is next month. And the new house has an extra bedroom. :)

For you cold-weather lovers, you can enter the Frostbite Footrace to play Snowshoe Softball. (Personally, I plan to park by butt by the fireplace and watch the World Champion Sled Dog Races on the TV).

Hellow
02-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Very nice house, and great view! I would love to come up to Alaska some time to look around, is the view like that all over alaska? Your neighbors must like you to follow you lol. I watched this movie called Snow Dogs about the iditarod, i would love to watch it. Do they show it on tv at all?

kuhio98
02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
.... I watched this movie called Snow Dogs about the iditarod, i would love to watch it. Do they show it on tv at all?I know a lot of film/TV crews will be following the Iditarod. Since it can last 10-15 days, sports channels may have daily updates and then show clips after it's all over. For the best updates, I suggest the Iditarod website. You can also get the background on the mushers and their dogs.