PDA

View Full Version : That's It! I quit!

The_Duck
01-30-2008, 11:45 AM
I hereby officialy quit Michigan weather. Gone! Not listening to it anymore! *sticks fingers in ears and hums*

Oh my gosh! It's been absolutely insane ! Yesterday was such a gorgeous day. A wonderful, oh-so-blessed 44 degrees with no wind or anything. The sun... it really still does exist! Even the rain couldn't get me down when it decided to come out later. Why? Because it was 44 degrees! :cool: It was practically summer! You could taste it in the air! Barefoot and jacketless, I stood outside on the front porch and spun a few circles, face upturned to catch the rain as it gently fell. It was beautiful! And then... *shakes head sadly* ... Not even three hours after my little trip outside to play inthe rain, the temperatures took a nose dive. What had been warmth, calm, and rain only moments before, was all of the sudden freezing, nearly scary windy, and snow! It's 12 degrees right now, the wind is still howling, and my world is one of ice.

So as I was saying... I quit Michigan weather. Poo. On. You. :P

Glacier
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
LOL, as my husband says to me all the time "Suck it up Buttercup". :p ....That would be a blazing heat wave here right now. When I got up at 6 to let dogs out it was -48C, no wind chill! That's -55F. It's up to -40C/F right now, the scales meet there. Our expected high for the day is -33C or -27F. Not supposed to warm up til Monday at the earliest!

Chilli
01-30-2008, 12:09 PM
No fair, it sounds like the kind of weather I like. I'll take some Michigan weather if you don't want it! :D

I've very fond of wind and freezing weather. And snow is one of my most favorite things in the world!
I especially like the wind now, since it got me out of school today:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/Picture1.png
Hehe, my school had the roofs re-done at the beginning of the year, and the wind just peeled it right up.
Our teacher, bless her heart, took a bunch of us crazy teenagers outside to watch.
That got frowned upon by the principal...
Us poor Arkansans get entertained way too easy.

Its in the 30s today, though. Possibility of snow tomorrow but it won't happen. :(

lizbud
01-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Crazy wheather here too. Sunny & 54 till the storms rolled through
last night & temp dropped to about 9 degrees. My metal storm door
froze shut by 10pm.

lightsgo
01-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Wow, 12 degrees that is cold, never been in temps that cold... :eek: Hope it warms up for yall!

Medusa
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Yep, same here in Ohio, all over the board. Winds were really howling last night. Wind chill is about -20 right now. Time to get a fire going.

chocolatepuppy
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
This time yesterday evening it was 52*F. Now it's 18*F. (never mind the wind chill) Yesterday, the yard was mush from the rain, tonight, it's frozen. Crazy! :rolleyes:

AlleyCat
01-31-2008, 01:54 PM
If you're quitting Michigian, then I officially quit Minnesota !!! :D We have had a horrible past 2 weeks -- our normal temps are about 20-ish and all of last week it barely got above zero, then for TWO, yes, TWO days a few days ago we got to 40 degrees. Oh, the warm !! Then OVERNIGHT it went to -20. We dropped 60 friggin' degrees in 12 hours !!! And today it's a BALMY 6 degrees !!!! :D