PDA

View Full Version : My Morning

Freedom
01-30-2008, 08:21 AM
A Morning in the LIfe of Pet Talker

It is 9 :15 now.

9:30 Dad has a doctor appt; almost ready to leave.

10:30: pick up the 2 kittens which were spayed / neutered yesterday (they are doing great!). Will hold them for 5 days post op or until a foster home becomes available

As soon as ready: need to take a mourning dove to the bird wildlife rehabilitator (she is an hour's drive away. We planned for me to be there at 1, but she said phone as soon as I am ready to leave.)

Dad went out in the back yard this morning to play ball with Lacey. He said a bird came shooting into the yard, landed and stayed put. So he went over to check on it. NO tail feathers! So he brought it in, and it is in a shoe box (with holes) in my bathroom. When I called the rehabber, she said, "cat catch!" Apparently, mourning doves have a unique design. When attacked on the long tail, the feathers all release and pop out. The cat, bird of prey, whatever, is left with a pound of feathers lol. Dove gets away. (I forgot to ask here, what good is that? It can't FLY!)

Anyhow, she said that, unless there are internal injuries which we can't see, it will be fine. She will put it on antibiotics for 10 days, and then hold it until the tail feathers grow back in so it can fly. Then she releases it.

Somewhere in there, I have to get Dad his lunch.

What a morning! :D

gini
01-30-2008, 10:26 AM
This just laying around and doing nothing all morning has got to stop!!!:D

lvpets2002
01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
:p Yes lets not looff the mornng away dear.. Lets get busy & do something.. :D Really sounds like a busy busy morning.. Try not to get bored..