PDA

View Full Version : If you have a newfoundland or any newf experience please read.

MIAGuy
01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
If any of you read can I please get into email contact with me because I want to get one and I need a lot of info on the breed. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Genny
01-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I've never had one but here is a page on the american kennel club site that has a lot of good info. about them on it. http://www.akc.org/breeds/newfoundland/index.cfm

Karen
01-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Rule #1: If you cannot stand drool, do NOT get a Newf
Rule #2: If you are a neatnick, it's probably best you either get black carpet, paint your furniture black, or do not get a Newf.
Rule #3: If you cannot stand the smell of "wet dog" do NOT get a Newf. If there is water, they will fidn it and jump in, 9 times out of ten.

They are sweet as can be, can be a bit stubborn to train, but are great dogs. Be careful if you are going to a breeder, and make sure the parents have been screened for hip and eye problems. Like many big breeds, hip displaysia is a problem in Newfs.

And it is best, if you get a puppy, to start leah training immediately. You want a dog that walks well on a leash without pulling, and it is far easier to accomplish this when the dog is smaller than you.

Tora Oni
01-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Well with My mom's Newf's If you don't want a lap dog don't get a Newf! :p I was a kid back then they were pretty awesome dogs, but we had to make sure the were brushed frequently in the summer because of the shedding and the heat. They love the water thats for sure.