PDA

View Full Version : This Is Soooo Frieky!

giztig2crazy
08-16-2002, 04:11 AM
ok, my cat was on the couch. he winked at me! so i winked back then he winked then i winked and so on and so forth, its like something from the twighlight zone or something. does any one elses cat do that?:confused:

Piglet
08-16-2002, 04:50 AM
Piglet does it all the time!! At first I thought there was something wrong with her eye (she had a serious eye-infection as a kitten), but I found out that it's actually quite normal behaviour. :)
A cat who winks is showing you that she is content and relaxed, if you are having 'winking communication' with your kitty, it means that you trust eachother and are happy together. ;) ;)

Edwina's Secretary
08-16-2002, 08:49 AM
I have read that this is one way cats express affection. And you were worried your cat didn't like you any more after your absence!

KittenCloudSprinkles
08-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Well I know I do that sometimes with my kitties...But Fritz gave me a HUG! :pI hugged her and she put her paws around my neck! It was so cute! :D

RockyRoad
08-16-2002, 09:44 AM
I guess that your cat might have had something in it's eye, but winking right after you was the weird part. She might have been asking for attention, but she also might have been showing you affection, as the others said. Maybe she saw you winking,and wanted to do it to. My cat winks all the time, but not in a pattern. I actually had somebody come in once (I'm a vet) saying their cat had something in his eye, but it turned out that he just winked, and the owner had just freaked out.

gini
08-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Those are called "eye kisses." You must be very well loved!

yumyum6970
08-16-2002, 10:07 AM
I was watching understanding cats and they say when a cat winks at you and you wink back at them that means they are saying i love you. :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-17-2002, 02:56 AM
I've never heard of this. I have noticed that Storm and Sunny will sometimes do this. They seem to do it when I talk to them and call their name. Sunny sometimes looks like he's smiling at me. :)

kohala
08-17-2002, 03:32 AM
I have seen her wink at me a couple of times, but I don't remember her winking repeatedly. That's soooo cool!! :cool: