PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures from my new work ...

aly
08-16-2002, 12:55 AM
Most of these pics are a litter of pups that were born at the shelter and are now 6 weeks old. There are also 2 pics of mama Amy, a pic of the outdoor pens where the dogs go to play several times during the day, some pics of Carmen and Niko (my FAVORITE dogs .. more on them later), and ummm I think thats all.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291486455

mugsy
08-16-2002, 02:04 AM
Oh aly, they are soooooo cute and that place looks so nice and homey. I can see where you would be happier there.

Former User
08-16-2002, 04:38 AM
Awwww, how cute can they get? That caught a yawn pic is so cute! And I can see why you like Carmen and Niko!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-16-2002, 06:16 AM
Oh Aly, those pictures are soooooooooo adorable! The puppsters are too cute for words. Their mommy looks like a sweetheart as do Niko and Carmen. And the shelter seems to be wonderful. I am sure you like it better there and I can see why.

Can't wait to hear more about the pups and the job.

lbaker
08-16-2002, 06:31 AM
Aly you have done it again:D This looks like a wonderful place for you......ReeseMan & Lolly must have made lots of new friends here - you too. Glad things are finally coming together and I'll PM you later. Laurie

anna_66
08-16-2002, 07:31 AM
They are just soooo adorable Aly!

BTW...how do you like working there? Looks like a nice place!

Dixieland Dancer
08-16-2002, 08:59 AM
What sweethearts those little ones are! I am a sucker for puppies and would have to fight myself not to bring them all home. Momma looks like she had a wild night with a lab boy to produce those cute little pups! :rolleyes:

I hope you are enjoying working at the new shelter. I will be fostering a couple of Golden rescues for a week while their regular foster is away on vacation. I am looking forward to it!!
:D

Sudilar
08-16-2002, 09:02 AM
Precious pups!!! Adorable dogs! Looks like a nice place to work, aly. I hope you love it there. Good luck!

aly
08-16-2002, 10:13 AM
Yup Candy, I can see the labby in them too. They are soooo soft and cuddly and puppy breath-y!

Molly, homey is the perfect word for this place. Its great and the people are very nice. The manager already wants to increase my hours but the drive is too long for me right now. Hopefully I'll be moving soon.

Carmen is soooo sweet. Every time I open her cage, she waggles her back end so hard, I think its going to fall off. She doesn't like men very much and has been abused. Niko's story seems to be pretty much the same. They didn't come in together but have almost the exact same personality. They are kennel mates when the dogs go to the outdoor kennels to play. Everyone gets paired up for playtime :) Niko is so smart and reminds me so much of Lolly. He's such a special dog, but not many people can see it. He's been at the shelter since January. I would LOVE to have him but I'm not sure how he'd do around cats. He learns very very quickly. On my first day at work, all he did was jump on me. I've now taught him to sit down when he greets people and he'll be pet. Its hillarious watching him because his front feet go up by habit, then he quickly remembers and sits down really fast. He's the cutest thing. I never have to be scared on my evening shifts with Carmen and Niko around (I work alone in the evenings and close the place up. Sometimes a community service person is with me). Carmen and Niko ALWAYS let me know if there's someone near the fence so I can keep my eye out. Also yesterday I was walking Niko and bent over kissing him when the community service guy came up behind us and scared me. Niko LUNGED growling and barking and snapping and its a good thing I was able to grab on to his leash as I was falling down. I don't think he would have done anything but he looked quite scary.

Here's the pic of Niko they have on the website:

http://www.centraltexasspca.com/pics/new_niko.jpg

Ohh yeah, Niko also does something REALLY cute every day when he sees me for the first time, he gets up on his hind legs and waves his hands in a motion like he's "saying his prayers".

Sudilar
08-16-2002, 10:31 AM
Niko is so cute. I can't believe he hasn't be adopted yet!!

ramanth
08-16-2002, 10:37 AM
aly, the pictures of the shelter and puppies are very nice. The puppies are soo adorable as are Niko, Carmen, and the Momma.

What a nice place. I'm so happy you found a job there. :)

K9karen
08-16-2002, 11:43 AM
Be still my heart!! Oh Aly!! The little golden pups look just like Cody when he was a wee boy!! I thought exactly what Candy said.... Mom had a romantic interlude with a yellow lab!! LOL! Get a load of the size of those footsies!! The look, the yawn, the wiggly butts, the sleep positions..My Gawd! I am in puppy heaven!!! Oh, Aly,..I agree, the place looks so homey and clean and comfortable! Momma dog looks like a bigger version of "Benji"..I love that scraggily look. Amazing how the lab features dominate! You think Niko is part Akita/Shepherd??? Beautiful animals. I could just snatch up those puppies..Thank you for sharing. Certainly made my day!! Made my heart sing!

sammi
08-16-2002, 12:37 PM
Looks like such a nice place with a good set up for the animals. Glad things are going so well. Hope you can find a place closer to move to. Do you have a friend that can help you when you move? Ummm I'm sure you do.:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
08-16-2002, 01:29 PM
aly--- those pups are soooooo unbelievable cute. i just die for puppy pics. i cannot believe how beautiful niko and carmen are:D i luv em

Cincy'sMom
08-16-2002, 04:06 PM
OMG!! They are soo cute!!!! Course I love the little black babies best (I think) but I'll take them all!!!!
The shelter looks wonderful. Hope you enjoy working there!

Presley
08-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Aly! What stunning pups!!! Your spca looks very nice, ours is very small and it breaks my heart to see the animals in such small pens. Very cute dogs!!!

Rachel
08-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Aly, you must have read my mind. I was getting worried because I hadn't seen you post in a while. Good to hear from you and see the place where you are working. The puppies are just adorable. I can't wait until Sandra sees them. She might just trek out to Texas.

shais_mom
08-17-2002, 11:33 PM
AAAWWWWW!! The #21 just stole my heart!! I wanted to smother that wittle puppy in kisses!! They remind me of Keegan when she was a baby!! Altho different breed of course!! All the dogs look like they are wonderful!! I can see how you would fall in love with them.
I didn't know you were changing jobs. I hope this one is less stressful for you.
Good Luck!

KYS
08-18-2002, 09:22 AM
Aly the puppy's are sooooo adorable. :D

tatsxxx11
08-18-2002, 10:05 AM
Rachel, I'm packing my bags!;) Aly, the pictures are wonderful! What a beautiful Mom and SUCH adorable pupsters!! And Niko, Carmen, you are so sweet!! Love the froggy pose, Carmen! I wish I could give them all a hug. You must be so happy knowing that you are doing so much good! And having such fun to boot!! I especially loved the picture, "puppy butts," a subject near and dear to my heart! And re: "Strike a pose." Are you sure you didn't steal a page from Star's puppy album?? What a mug!:) Good luck at work! You're a sweetheart to share your happiness with us all!

Star sharing her "best side!":D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid13/pbc9fd32c1e1b20732fd1df7fadcc2984/fdd6edd0.jpg

Kfamr
08-18-2002, 12:03 PM
They all are VERY adorable.... but i LOVE Carmen.... I'm a sucker for thoose tan doggies :)

aly
08-29-2002, 01:23 PM
I took a few more pics yesterday.

Here are 2 shots of the graveyard. They don't send them to the landfill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p03bf4bb5d0c61aac04e48c282574d213/fd56435d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/pa7fbb638753345d5a36a9e3c549edb9e/fd564360.jpg

Some pics of the cat rooms:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/pc368fbec539d0ca4ba71fd7dc84df90c/fd564438.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p9908af6e8b076635a8d29350579ac896/fd564441.jpg

Amy and the one puppy who looks exactly like her, Ashley, giving each other kisses:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/pe076c72755019a8b493ae57bce585a29/fd564453.jpg

Dinner time:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/pb2a715397e2b681736d68adb04a2bb94/fd564461.jpg

Crimson, one of the sweetest dogs in the world:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/pbbd3745dbcb853d14ec4952d0c83e18c/fd56446a.jpg

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-29-2002, 01:27 PM
Great pictures, Aly! Thank you for sharing. You haven't been on Pet Talk lately. I am guessing you have been pretty busy.

The more I see of this shelter, the more I love it. The graveyard is dignified. It makes my heart smile to know there is a place like your work that really does exist.

Amy and the puppers are adorable :). How are Reece, Lolly, and Shiloh doing? What about the foster kitties? Any other new fosters?

lovemymaltese
08-29-2002, 01:27 PM
the puppies are so cute, thanks for sharing!

aly
08-29-2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks Souraya!!!! I've sort of taken a step back from Pet Talk because of the fighting that was going on :( I miss you all so much!

Look at this pic of Niko I took yesterday too. He looks soooooooooooo sweet in it. I just love this dog. He's so funny. He kept getting jealous of the camera and my cell phone :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-29-2002, 01:35 PM
Niko is so sweet looking. His eyes are just gorgeous.

Hope we see you around Pet Talk more often. I know I would love to hear more about the new job and all the animals you are working with.

Cincy'sMom
08-29-2002, 03:56 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/pb2a715397e2b681736d68adb04a2bb94/fd564461.jpg

I just love this pic! I wish I could come get Amy and all her babies! they are adorable!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-29-2002, 05:33 PM
Glad to see you back Amy and the shelter looks just perfect! I am glad to see the animals there look so happy... and they should be now anyway since you are there ;) ! Keep those pictures coming.!! They are great and thanks for sharing.

Sudilar
08-29-2002, 09:25 PM
Your shelter looks like a great place to work!! The dogs are all adorable!! Keep us updated, please!

Dakota's Mommy
09-11-2002, 09:13 AM
The pics are adorable!

Oh, Aly, where are you at in Central Texas! I had seen before that you were in Texas, but I had no idea that you were in the Central part! I'm currently at Ft. Hood, so I'm in the central part too!

Cookiebaker
09-11-2002, 10:26 AM
Oh those puppies are just tooooo precious!! Really, I would take every single last one if I could!!!! But I can't press my luck...when we got married, my hubby really wasn't all that into the pet scene. A dog, a cat, 2 birds and 2 hamsters later, he just rolls his eyes at me! :D :D :D I am so glad that I have gotten this far though.

Stenograsaurus
09-11-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy

I'm currently at Ft. Hood, so I'm in the central part too!

My nephew is stationed in Fort Hood now too!!!