PDA

View Full Version : mustang

Genny
01-28-2008, 01:07 AM
I am maybe getting a mustang car tomorrow! it will be my first car; i have been driving my grandma's car lately...it's red with white stripes...very awesome looking...but the only thing is it's not automatic and that's all i have ever driven. I'm a little nervous about it but i guess i'll just have to practice alot!! well just wanted to let you guys know incase i get it. I'm so excited!!!!!! :cool:

Genny
01-28-2008, 01:07 AM
oh and it's a '96 model :)

Jessika
01-28-2008, 02:15 AM
I'm not a fan of Mustangs... at all... but getting your first car is so exciting... and that is certainly better than *my* first car! Hehe. Well in comparison I suppose my first car was the same age as yours when I got it (my first car would have just turned 16 years old :o). Congrats and have fun!

Karen
01-28-2008, 03:39 AM
Congratulations but remember, if you get this car be VERY careful about sticking to the speed limit. Some cars seem to get pulled over for speeding more than others, and a red "sports car" is one of them!

I like the older Mustangs - sixties and early seventies - more than the ones that came after, but they were gas hogs!

davidpizzica
01-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Genny, that sounds like a beautiful car. I second Karen's comment about sticking to the speed limit. Karen, I love older mustangs, too. My brother owns a 1967 Shelby mustang, dark blue with white racing stripes. It's awesome!

cloverfdx
01-28-2008, 06:53 AM
I love Mustang's, but like Karen prefer the older models aswell. But still great cars, enjoy :D.

slleipnir
01-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Standards take getting used to but aren't very hard to drive. I'm sure you'll do fine :D (just be careful on big hills xD)

BitsyNaceyDog
01-28-2008, 01:01 PM
That's so exciting! My husband and both his sisters bought manual shift cars as their first cars without knowing how to drive them. They all picked it up quite well the first day and then with a little practice they were all pros in no time.

Genny
01-28-2008, 02:41 PM
thanks guys ;)

I'll be careful Karen, thanks :)

Medusa
01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
How exciting! Too bad your name isn't Sally. LOL You'll have lots of fun and good memories in the car. The mom in me says to "be careful", though. :)

Genny
02-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey ya'll, well I ended up getting the car and learned 'how' to drive it ok, but I am just nervous and scared to go out to town in it alone...so my mom is going to give it to my brother and my mom and dad have found me another mustang that is automatic and it's blue. so they said if we would help pay everything on them like gas, insurance etc that they would let him have the red one instead of selling it and get me the blue one~~~isn't that cool! just wanted to share this im so excited!!!!! :D

cloverfdx
02-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Ohh how exciting :D, 2 Mustangs in the family. Enjoy your car... pics when you get it? please.

Genny
02-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Ohh how exciting :D, 2 Mustangs in the family. Enjoy your car... pics when you get it? please.

sure if I can ever find a site to download my pictures from. I use to use photobucket today; I was gonna send some of my animals and I couldn't get it to work for me :confused:

elizabethann
02-03-2008, 10:52 AM
My very first car was a Ford Mustang! But don't be like me and forget to put oil in it (hey, nobody told me I had to put oil in my car)! The engine blew and my Mustang went bye bye!

Genny
02-03-2008, 03:02 PM
My very first car was a Ford Mustang! But don't be like me and forget to put oil in it (hey, nobody told me I had to put oil in my car)! The engine blew and my Mustang went bye bye!

OH NO!!! LOL that's sad :( :D

Jessika
02-03-2008, 07:03 PM
The same thing happened to my friend. She also thought you needed blinker fluid...

That's why I'm glad my dad taught me about cars and basic maintenance BEFORE I learned to drive, so I would know and secondly so I would know if the mechanic was trying to rip me off just 'cause I'm a girl :)

Moesha
02-03-2008, 07:08 PM
My brother and his wife bought a new Cobra right before they got pregnant with their first child. He told me that I was the only one that drove it like a grandmother. I was scared of the power that thing had. Eight years later they have 3 kids and a minivan. Those were the days.