PDA

View Full Version : lovebird and finch question regarding music?

crazyboutanimals
01-28-2008, 01:05 AM
so i am designing a "tropical themed room", and i am going to wallpaper it with a tropical background/ocean theme kinda thing, and add real plants and fake ones ( of course pet friendly) :D , and i was also going to add mini waterfalls for the water sound effect. but, i want to have very soft tropical/water sound music going on.

my question is, do you think my lovebird and finches would mind the soft music at night? or would it scare them?

the other reason i am doing this is because i have noticed that with my 2 pups love classical music, we play it during the day while we are at work, and they fall asleep too it, it seems to calm them. so, would it do the same for the birds or not?

Chilli
01-28-2008, 04:20 PM
First off, the room you are designing sounds so neat! I bet your birds will love it... I know mine would! :D

Your birds should be fine with some soft music at night. Infact, they might really enjoy it. Lilly, one of my cockatiels, suffers from night frights. Through some trials, I found that it really helps prevent these frights when I play music softly when the main lights go off and her night-light comes on. None of the other birds have "complained" and their behaviors haven't changed. They still get plenty of sleep.

If anything, you can try it for a night and see how they do. I can always tell if my fids didn't get a good nights sleep when they are irritable in the next day. :]