PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of this breed?

dalesmom
12-10-2001, 01:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone has heard of a July Walker Spaniel? If you have or have seen pictures of one, can you email them to me? I have the chance to rescue one for free and I haven't seen her yet.

Thanks in advance, Amanda

mary_jsn
12-11-2001, 07:20 PM
Sorry Dale's mom but I don't know that breed. Don't worry if you think you're being ignored because that's not true. If people knew the July Walker Spaniel they'll probably answer you because it takes no time to put a little message in the board and this board could be fulled up with messages, anyways good luck in your search if I ever find some information about the july walker spaniel I'll write to u. ;)

Angels3
12-11-2001, 09:14 PM
There's a rare US-developed breed called the Treeing Walker Coonhound. Looks a bit like a Beagle with longer legs.
Once they were just called 'Walkers' or 'Treeing Walkers'. Here's a link:
http://www.treehound.com/treehound/html/walker.html

Mightn't be the breed you're looking for, but It's the only breed I could find that had the word 'Walker' in its name.
Marie

dalesmom
12-12-2001, 07:17 AM
Thank you all. If anyone does find any info please let me know. I will be going to see her Friday so if I do, I will let you know what she looks like or post pictures.

Thanks, Amanda

jennifert
12-12-2001, 10:09 AM
I spent most of yesterday looking on the internet at rare dog breeds and I didn't come across anything that has "walker" and "spaniel" in the name. I would love to see what she looks like however. I'm sure shes adorable. I've never met a dog who wasn't!

dalesmom
12-12-2001, 02:29 PM
I will definatly have to post pictures if I get her or if I can get pictures from him Friday. She sounds sweet and since I already have a one year old Springer Mix (male) I think they would get along great.

Here are some pictures of Dale, yes just in case anyone wondered, he was named after the late Dale Earnhardt.

http://www.acswebdesign.net/images/nov20$10.jpg
:D
http://www.acswebdesign.net/images/Nov20$11.jpg
:mad:
http://www.acswebdesign.net/images/Nov20$20.jpg
:eek:

Thanks, Amanda

jennifert
12-12-2001, 04:43 PM
Amanda,

Dale is beautiful! Do you know for sure that he is a springer mix? It's hard to tell from the pictures but he looks much larger than an average springer and his muzzle is definitely from another breed! His coloring certainly looks springer however! Did you adopt him also?

dalesmom
12-13-2001, 06:58 AM
Jennifer,

Yes he was adopted but the SPCA told us that he was Saint Bernard and Border Collie, but we think different. He has the persnality of a Springer and the build of a Border Collie. I know the pictures aren't great but the little &*^% wouldn't stay still. He kept running around and jumping at the camera. If I can get better pictures of him on christmas morning playing with the paper and boxes, I will post them.

Thanks for the comments and keep em comeing.

Amanda

dalesmom
12-13-2001, 07:20 AM
Photo Album - Dale (http://community.webshots.com/user/amanda_mcneely)

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: Dale's Mom ]

Logan
12-13-2001, 07:28 AM
Dale is beautiful!!! And Amanda, welcome to Pet Talk. I'm sorry that I didn't catch this message earlier to welcome you properly. I'll be so interested in hearing about and seeing a picture of the July Walker Spaniel. I have never heard of that either!

I have two Golden Retrievers, Honey and Lilly, plus two cats, Mimi and Butter, and as you can see, I live in Greenville. At one point in my life (one I'd like to forget :o ) I lived in Russellville, which is about 45 minutes away from Goose Creek. Maybe I would have been happier if I had lived in Goose Creek!! Its nice to have another SC girl on Pet Talk!! :)

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

dalesmom
12-13-2001, 07:40 AM
Logan,

Thanks for the welcome. The Goldens are cute, so are the kitties and so are the kids. :P I have lived here for 20 years and 8.5 months (All of my life). I've never heard of Russellville, but from the way you talk, I don't think I want to. :eek:

Well, hopefully she will be beautiful and I will fall in love with her. I have to go and see her tomorrow so wish me luck. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and I hope to hear from you again.

Amanda

Logan
12-13-2001, 08:05 AM
LOL! Amanda, I'm going to give you some points of reference, then I'd better get myself to work!! LOL! Russellville is "home" of two really large Georgia Pacific plants. There is a plywood plant and a chemical plant there. I was a newlywed when my husband took a job as a supervisor at the plywood plant. We lived in a company owned house right beside the plant! Hurricane Hugo took care of those houses, I think. I was there in 1985-86.

Anyway, Russellville is about 25 miles north of Moncks Corner off of US 52, 7 miles from St. Stephen, if that tells you anything!! :D In otherwords, it is nowhere!! The only thing there was the little post office. No police, no nothing!! But my husband was in hunter's Heaven as he could hunt and fish every second that he was off of work! :)

dalesmom
12-13-2001, 08:18 AM
That sounds like a little town in SC. Lets see 1985-86, I wasn't old enough to even know where Goose Creek was located much less anything else. :D I think my fiance hunts somewhere out there. Well, I need to get back to work also.

Thanks again, Amanda

Iditarodfan
12-13-2001, 08:53 AM
AMANDA, YOUR SEARCH FOR A JULY WALKER SPANIAL IS INTRIGUING. NEVER HEARD OF THEM. WE HAVE A BRITTNEY/COCKER MIX WHICH OUR VET SWEARS IS AN AMERICAN WATER SPANIAL. I'M SURE DALE AND MOLLY WOULD GET ALONG GREAT. I LOVE SPRINGERS! :) LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE LITTLE GUY. AND WELCOME TO DOTD. (I JUST LOVE SLEDDOGS-BEA)

sammi
12-13-2001, 10:04 AM
Welcome Dales Mom! Your dog is real cute. You will like it here its a very friendly place.

dalesmom
12-13-2001, 01:50 PM
Thank you all! :) ;)

slleipnir
12-13-2001, 05:05 PM
i didn't realize there was such a thing as July Walker Spaniel..? I looked it up on several different pages and search engines and didn't find anything

by the way: you dog is beautiful!

slleipnir
12-13-2001, 05:14 PM
Hey-this is bothering me now! LMAO! your sure thats the right breed? If you ever do find a pic post it, i'm dying to see what it looks like now ;] LOL

mruffruff
12-14-2001, 08:11 AM
Welcome, Dale's Mom.

It's good to see another South Carolinian on PetTalk, just as Logan said. I live in West Columbia, a suburb of our capital.

I've been working with a local shelter for 8 years and have been researching lots of breeds. I have never heard of the July Walker Spaniel. I'd really like to see one.

This is a great place to visit. Always something to learn and lots of support.

Mary

dalesmom
12-14-2001, 12:30 PM
Mary & sleipnir,

Thank you for the comments. I have never heard of the bread either and I would like to know more about her but there isn't anything out there. She sounds sweet and she isn't supposed to get any bigger than 30-40 pounds so I assume that she is a small breed of some sort of spaniel (duh :P). I am waiting on the guy to call me as I type. He is supposed to call me this afternoon when he gets here to make arraingements to meet me. If he doesn't call I will be crushed. I hope he does becuase I have a feeling that I am just goin to fall in love with her and take her home. If I do bring her home, I will take some pictures of her this weekend and more pictures of Dale and I will post them in my Photo album so that every one can see her. I hope to find out more about her breed and when I take her to the vet, I will be sure to find out what she thinks she is. Well, I guess I better be getting back to work.

TaTa for Now, Amanda

My Photo Album (http://community.webshots.com/user/amanda_mcneely)

slleipnir
12-14-2001, 02:34 PM
I looked at your photo album! Dale is SOOOOO cuutte its not funny!!!! just wanna bite them!! (not litterally..just something i say when something is so cute)

Good luck with your pup, i hope you get him or her! Can't wait to see the pics when you do!

dalesmom
12-19-2001, 02:24 PM
Well guys, I regret to inform you that Dale didn't get along with Joy :(. He was very jealous because he has been the only one since we got him. I do have pictures of Joy that I took the day that we gave her to another lady that was interested in her. She is very cute, had a great diposition and she really liked Dale. I had a hard time dealing with the fact that he didn't want her there and the fact that we were going to have to put her in a different home again (4 in one weekend, her home, her grandmas home, our home and now her new home.). Well as soon as I can get those pictures on the PC I will add them to the photo album under Joy. That will probably we Tuesday when I add the pictures of Dale and the wrapping paper (That should be fun :eek: ) Well that's all for now, I will keep you guys informed.

Thanks for the help, Amanda

(Oh yeah, she wasn't a July Walker Spaniel, she was just a July Walker. Hunting dog that is, DEER!) ;)

dalesmom
01-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Well, I have posted the pictures of Joy, the July Walker. She is cute as a button. You can access these pictures by clicking on the link below that says "Dale's Photo's."

Thanks, Amanda

Rottie
01-25-2002, 04:59 PM
Joy is so pretty. That's too bad you can't keep her. :( I did a search on google.com & found this web site:

http://www.angelfire.com/in/CalicoCoyoteHounds/page2.html

????? don't know if it's the same thing or not????

sabies
01-26-2002, 06:31 PM
Joy is soooo cute, I hope there is more of her breed around for when I'm ready for another dog (all I need is a bigger home, and a better job!). Dale is adorable too!

dalesmom
01-28-2002, 07:38 AM
Carl and Sadie are adorable too. I wish that Dale had not been so jealous of her but he is our baby and he didn't understand why this new dog came into our home and decided to use all of his things and take our attention. I guess I will just have to baby him for a little while longer.

Thanks again, ;)