PDA

View Full Version : New kitten update!

KittyCrazy
01-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Ozzie seems to be getting better. My son said he jumped on his head at 4 a.m. this morning and then got on top of his bookcase head board and started knocking pens and pencils onto his head. LOL My son tried to get him to go under the covers with him but he wasn't too sure about that and went back under the bed. I set up a cat carrier for him with a soft flannel sheet and he decided that looked even better so now he's in there and LOVING it when the boys and I go in to pet him and we even see now that he ate while we went shopping. :) I can hardly wait to introduce Molly and Ozzie to one another.

Molly KNOWS something is up and keeps trying to sneak a peak when we go in/out of my son's room. I wonder if she knows it's another cat in there? I let her smell my hands every time I come out and then pet her and give her a treat. Am I doing this right?

Freedom
01-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Am I doing this right?

Absolutely! Anytime a cat learns to get attention by clearing off a table, bookcase, night stand, etc., you are doing things right lol!

Seriously, that is a great way to let Molly learn his scent. And Ozzie seems to be settling in fine.

Sounds like your son has a new alarm clock; but it is set at 4 AM!

Laura's Babies
01-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Freedom- Sounds like your son has a new alarm clock; but it is set at 4 AM!

That cracked me up! Yes, he needs to reset that alarm clock!

It sounds like you are doing things right so far. How about petting Molly and then going in and letting him smell her scent on you? They both need to get use to the others scent. I have a feeling he will be eating out of your hands in no time.... Got Treats?

KittyCrazy
01-27-2008, 09:11 PM
How about petting Molly and then going in and letting him smell her scent on you? They both need to get use to the others scent. I have a feeling he will be eating out of your hands in no time.... Got Treats?

I do that, too, but Ozzie doesn't seem to care if there are smells on my hands...he has no interest in sniffing them unless there is a piece of kitty treat in them! LOL

catmandu
01-28-2008, 06:04 PM
I amsure Molly with her vastly superior sense of smaell alraedy knows that there anothe Cat there, but shes not sure if hes friend or foe as yet. We hope that they are Fast Friends and adapts as easily as Scrappy Two.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1011828.jpg

rg_girlca
01-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Since I haven't been around lately, I just want to congratulate you on your new addition. I had to laugh at the part of him knocking pens and pencils onto your sons head. Typical little kitty behavior.

Yes it sounds like you are doing the right thing. You could also try taking a towel and rubbing Molly with it and bring the towel near Ozzie for him to get use to the scent and do the same thing with Ozzie for Molly.

Good luck with the intro's. :)