PDA

View Full Version : New Plate Design (work in progress)

dukedogsmom
01-26-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm working on painting another plate. This time with a planned design so the paint won't show through the design. I'm really happy with it so far. The circles were made with a quarter, an Excedrine bottle and my coffee cup. I really like it so much better than the last one. I'm also going to use a very thin paintbrush to paint in the black lines.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/012608_1.jpg

Laura's Babies
01-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I love the design on that one. So different....

catnapper
01-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Very cool! I can't wait to see it finished.

Chilli
01-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Wow, thats really pretty, I love the color choices. :) I would love to see it again once its finished.
I have been messing around with clay/pottery for awhile now in Studio Arts. Its really fun to let your imagination go whichever way it wants when choosing designs and colors.

NoahsMommy
01-27-2008, 10:20 PM
VERY cool! You have a talent in this, Val. Keep up with it. :D

Twisterdog
01-28-2008, 12:03 AM
That is VERY cool!

cloverfdx
01-28-2008, 06:56 AM
I love it so far Val, and cannot wait to see it finished :D.

Catty1
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Val, this is SO great!

You posted in another thread about not being able to keep everything you make. How about finding out when a local pet rescue is having a sale or event to raise funds? You could use your 'extra' plates, and give a percentage to the rescue!

Might want to hit the dollar stores for wall plate hangers. I can't see these being used for food - they are just TOO gorgeous! They would brighten up any room they were in.

Hmmm....gift swap coming up...hmmm...... ;) Burgundy, forest green, off-white! :D (I just typo'd "White" with an "s"....lol)