PDA

View Full Version : One week

RainbowAndHobbesMom01
08-15-2002, 01:56 PM
:( :( :( *Sigh* Today is a week since my dalmation, Emily, had to put put asleep. I am more upset than ever, espeically with school starting in a week. I know she cant come back, but i want her to! I miss her alot. i have been getting better, but i have these habits, like giving her a treat after i give the other dog one ( an extra!) ANd looking in the room just to smile at her, i did that alot the past week and it hurts when i realize shes not there anymore!!! Oh jeez i got myself bawling again~ I just wanted to let everyone to know i am back, and about Emmy. I posted this here because i know many more people here than the other board! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest...

Sami
14 1/2
Iowa

RainbowAndHobbesMom01
08-15-2002, 02:01 PM
And a reminder, i USED to be RainbowAndHobbesMom ( No 01!!) then my AOL screename got deleted (DAD did it!!) and i lost everything!! Just a reminder since i havent been here for a couple of weeks.

IM MEMORY OF EMILY
Got: Summer of 1996
Died: August 8, 2002
I LOVE YOU EMMY~~ :*

catland
08-15-2002, 02:01 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It may not seem like it now, but you will gradually start to feel better.

Losing a pet is such a painful experience and something many of us on the pet-talk board have gone through during our lives. Our pets are our friends - and it is always very sad to lose them.

Think of the good times you shared with Emily - and as time goes on, those will be the best memories to have.

take care

08-15-2002, 02:16 PM
Dear Sami !!! I realise perfectly what you are going through right now ...! I've lost my sweetie Sydney a few weeks ago , and it still hurts like hell ...! And , as you might have read on Cat Health , today is Sydney's birthday ; he would have been 2 today :(

Post as much about Emily as you like here on Pettalk !! We are a super-caring family ; this really helps to cope with your huge loss !!! And , if you need someone to talk too , I will be there for you !!! e-mail or PM (personal message) .
Take care , Sami !!!

NoahsMommy
08-15-2002, 02:38 PM
I am very sorry for your loss...I can only imagine how sad you are. :(

I pray that you will soon only remember the good times.

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 02:44 PM
im sorry for ur loss alot of ppl have gone through it i have bout a year ago and i still wake up crying sometimes :( my best buddy Speedy but hes in a better place *sigh* at least he didnt have to suffer to death he got put to sleep but we still gotta move on and think about how much fun we had and remember that they are still here not what u can see thorugh ur eyes but ur heart :) everything will get better

TheAntiPam
08-15-2002, 03:58 PM
I'm so sorry that your Emily is not here to help you enjoy each new day - It's been 6 months since my Murf went to the Rainbow Bridge, and I still sometimes think "How can he be gone? Why isn't he here with me? Why isn't he playing under the table, or jumping up on my lap?" It just doesn't "compute" that he is gone!

So, if it helps, please know that many of us truly understand that the loss of a beloved pet is something that lasts a very long time.

popcornbird
08-15-2002, 04:10 PM
So sorry abot your loss. :( Please take it easy and don't worry too much. I know losing a pet is one of the worst thoughts you can think of, and to deal with the loss of a pet or any loved one is extremely painful and very difficult to get through. I hope your other pet(s) will help bring comfort to you and your family and I hope that with time, your broken heart will heal, though the loss of a dear pet is not something easy to deal with. Just keep in mind that every soul born in this world has time that God has set, to pass on. Each and every soul, whether human or animal, will return to God one day, and it was your poor pup's time to go. :( I hope you will feel better soon and will find comfort through the joyful memories your pet brought you during his/her lifetime.

Miss Meow
08-15-2002, 07:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Emily. I can only repeat the sentiments of the other posters that your grief will reduce with time and you can remember the good times you had together.

I read recently that the cost of the gift of life is death. It doesn't seem fair at times, but one day you'll be able to look back and smile at the life Emily shared with you. Look after yourself.

Ann
08-16-2002, 07:45 AM
I'm so sorry... I hope things will get better for you soon and that you'll feel a little better soon

*hugs*

RainbowAndHobbesMom01
08-16-2002, 10:43 AM
Thanks All!! I hope you all realize this is my dog, although i posted it on the Cat Board.. I am feeling better, i was having a hard time yesterday since it had been a week exactly... All of your support makes me feel welcomed and like i am part of this board. :D ( I GRINNED!!) LOL I will be gone all weekend, until Sunday night... Going to my grandmas, just to spend time with her and my cousin( shes 16, staying over too) before school starts. Thanks again, and yes i do have tons of memories, it would make a GIANT book...

Hey i also have a funny CAT story... Right now the cat has gotten into the ceiling( dont ask how, its the cardboardery kind of tile ceiling) I think she got up through a hole for the window well... I can hear her moving around!! LOL she does it alot, and always finds a way up there... I cant get to her, for a fear of bumping a wire,( i dont think they are over there) or breaking one of the tiles... i just poke them and she gets annoyed, and VOILA! comes out. Fiqured if it made me smile it would make others... ( Since you all made me feel better!)

Sami

KittyKats10
08-16-2002, 11:30 AM
Awwwwwwww how cute :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Sami, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of Emily. :( I know it's very hard to lose a pet. I would be devastated if it was me. Just try to remember the good times that you had with her. I'm sure she's playing with all the other animals at Rainbow Bridge. Pet Talk is a great place to go to for comfort and support. We all understand what you're going through. Please take care and I hope you"ll begin to feel better soon. {{{HUGS}}} http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/soothe.gif

RainbowAndHobbesMom01
08-19-2002, 08:40 PM
Thank you for the hugs~ and al the messages... ;) I am better, havent cried for a while about her.... still sad tho, and will be for a while! I want another puppy or dog, but my dad isnt ready... I will wait. :D Its not a replacement, just something to remind me of her, and make things somewhat normal again. I hope. I will wait a couple of weeks, i understand... Luckly! Getting ready for school... Ewwww... And i am also doing a bowling leauge for teens, just for fun! Thats Saturday starting at 10 am... :) Cant wait! Hope everyone is well, and their pets too!

Sami ;)
14 1/2 :D
Iowa