PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this breeder?

buttercup132
01-24-2008, 08:14 PM
http://www.mylilcrested.com/index.html

I e amiled her and this was a bit of what she said.
It makes me feel like she's pretty good if she is supporting good breeding, I'm going to ask what testing she has done and if she shows. She rarley breeds, she said her female goes into heat spring/summer and she will have the puppies by fall that's if she decides to even breed her.

Finding a good breeder is VERY important, and if you would like help to find a puppy before I have litters I would be happy to help. Please do not buy the cheapest puppy you find, most cases they have not been socialized and really cared for, cresteds can carry genetic issues if the breeder just breeds for lots of puppies to sell. A lot of times you can even purchase an expensive crested from a BAD breeder, so please becareful.
A good breeder is very picky and will usually check up on you, call your vet to make sure your animals have had care, so forth.
This breed is very rewarding if you have time for them..they are like kids and want to be around people.
I start grooming my pups right away so they are not scared of the clippers at all, and basically stand while I clip their faces and pads on their paws. They are very sweet dogs. They like to follow you around, go for car rides..basically you could carry them in a baby sling 24/7 and they would be happy..lol
I have 4 kids under 6 yrs. So my pups are used to kids..however my kids know how to handle cresteds. Since they are a toy breed you do have to be careful of them, they can get breaks easy if they are let to jump off things or out of your arms.

Suki Wingy
01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
You're thinking of a crested? She seems like she def. cares more about the dogs than as a business. I really like how she offered to help you.

buttercup132
01-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Ya I kinda have a thing for hairless animals.
I like how she wanted to help too.
I said maybe even a retired show dog and she said she will keep her eyes open for them and for any nice puppies she sees.

IRescue452
01-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Please tell me they have more than two females if they have a "few litters a year". Are any of their dogs shown yet? There really isn't much info, but if that's it I'd say she's just a dog lover about to become a byb. Choosy words make her website look good, but that's about it. I see she ships dogs. How soon would she be willing to ship? Sometimes that gives you a hint about what kind of breeder she is.

BC_MoM
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Are any of their dogs shown yet?

Sorry, but what is the importance of if a dog has been shown yet or not, so long as it has the proper health tests performed on it?

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 07:24 AM
This is what she said about showing and testing.

I have had the vet check their legs for patella's, and they are good. I have not had their eyes tested yet, they do not have a eye vet here, or around here. I am going to the specialty show for cresteds in CO and have heard they have a station set up for testing there, so if they do my girls will be done.
Tango is too little, they need to be 1 yr old for testing, both of his parents are tested and he will be when he is one. I have had their eyes checked and look clear by my vet, but they really do need to be cleared by a eye doctor.
My boy is in training to be shown, we are so excited for him. He has a strong line of champions in him. My girls have not been shown but are standard, and hope to get some nice show pups from them.
I have a couple past pups that will be shown this year as well

Please tell me they have more than two females if they have a "few litters a year"
Why would she? I'd rather see less females then a place over run with them..More females to me means more of a byb.
Jordan only has Visa and I think she's a pretty dam good breeder.

I see she ships dogs. How soon would she be willing to ship? She said to me she ships to Canada every once in a while if she knows they are going to good homes. Since she doesn't even let her normal puppies go without all it's shots I'm sure it's the same for puppies being shipped.

critter crazy
01-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Why would she? I'd rather see less females then a place over run with them..More females to me means more of a byb.

Irescues concern is that she could be Over-Breeding her Females.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Irescues concern is that she could be Over-Breeding her Females.Ohh sorry I didn't get that. I thought she ment have more so she could always have puppies.

bckrazy
01-25-2008, 08:46 AM
OMG! I love Cresteds! : D I am really excited for you, they are the most awesome little dogs.

That breeder, however, looks WAYYY less than satisfactory, quite frankly. Her dogs have not been shown, and they have not been completely screened for genetic health. Those are two ginormous NO-NOs. Even if she has plans to show and health test (which trust me, that is the story that many BYBs tell)... it has not been done. And her dogs are already being bred.

I would advise that you drop this breeder like a hot potato... and check here ( http://www.chinesecrestedclubcanada.com/members.php) & here (http://www.chinesecrestedclub.info/) for reputable breeders. This breed is LADEN with BYBs and Millers, some of them appear to be good, but you really need to at least go with a breeder who has tested for every single genetic fault before breeding, at the very least. I know you are passionate about responsible breeding, and I know you're smart!

ETA: OoOoOoOo! These dogs/breeder look amazing! (http://www.curlious.ca/puppies.asp)

Sorry, but what is the importance of if a dog has been shown yet or not, so long as it has the proper health tests performed on it?

Ummm.... the importance is HUGEEE! Not in breeds who are proven through their work (like Border Collies), but with Chinese Cresteds... absolutely, being proven as a quality show specimen is vital BEFORE even thinking of breeding.

Say every breeder bred dogs willy-nilly, with no show experience. What would happen to our breeds? Their conformation would just disintegrate. What makes them the breed that they are (their appearance, movement, structure, and yes, even temperament) would be extremely diluted, if not ruined completely, eventually. Showing a dog PROVES, beyond the breeder's personal biased opinion, that the dog is an excellent example of the breed (of course, on top of health testing, temperament testing, and working when applicable) and is worthy of passing on it's genes. After all, why even HAVE breed standards if there is no venue in which to prove that your dog exemplifies it?

Ginger's Mom
01-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Ummm.... the importance is HUGEEE! Not in breeds who are proven through their work (like Border Collies), but with Chinese Cresteds... absolutely, being proven as a quality show specimen is vital BEFORE even thinking of breeding.

Say every breeder bred dogs willy-nilly, with no show experience. What would happen to our breeds? Their conformation would just disintegrate. What makes them the breed that they are (their appearance, movement, structure, and yes, even temperament) would be extremely diluted, if not ruined completely, eventually. Showing a dog PROVES, beyond the breeder's personal biased opinion, that the dog is an excellent example of the breed (of course, on top of health testing, temperament testing, and working when applicable) and is worthy of passing on it's genes. After all, why even HAVE breed standards if there is no venue in which to prove that your dog exemplifies it?
Erica, well put. May I borrow this sometime? ;) When people ask that question I always resort to saying something eloquent like, um..ah...well of course everyone thinks their dog is beautiful, but...um...you need an objective eye to see if they really meet the breed standards and can perform as the breed was intended. :o

IRescue452
01-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Defensive aren't we. I see you've decided you like this person and are probably going to ignore our advice regardless.

Yes, my concern was overbreeding. One female and a couple of litters a year? How's that happen? And I should hope her puppy-dog isn't being used for breeding already. She doesn't say the age of her females either. Or how long she's been breeding. Or who she's used as a stud for the breedings with which dams since her one male is just a puppy. No past litter info, makes me wonder if she ever had a litter for real.

Showing is not the ultimate importance for all breeds. Showing ruins some breeds in my opinion. But a toy breed has little other proving ground besides the show. And showing also tells you how invested into the world of dogs a breeder is. "A few of her pups being shown next year or so" means buyers are showing. It means nothing about the breeder. Its just put in the website to confuse people. And why can't she tell us who to look out for in the show ring? I could tell you I have a few dogs showing this year, which I don't. Where's the backup on this bit of useless info?

I'm not concerned about shots when shipping. If this is what the breeder brought up when asked, I'd drop her on the spot. What I'm concerned about is shipping too early and causing possible fear or aggression problems for life. If you are going to ship you should wait a few more weeks than if you are not. BTW, when does she release her pups?

Honestly, the website itself screams byb in other aspects. She describes pups who will follow you around the house. Most pups will. A breeder needn't say this unless they are trying to appeal to impulse buyers who want a cutsie little puppy. I failed to find any relevant information to the breeder, just cutsie little puppy stuff and info about caring for your puppy. Any smart byb knows to appeal to the buyer by throwing down some care info about how fragile their tiny wittle puppies are and how they need grooming. Not convincing me.

She wrote you and said "A good breeder is very picky and will usually check up on you, call your vet to make sure your animals have had care, so forth." She's trying to pull the wool over your eyes by making you think she's a good breeder because she's going to call you. Its doesn't take a good breeder to call.

Touting champion bloodlines also raises a flag for me. Do you know where I see the term "champion bloodlines" being advertised most often---in puppy mill ads and even in pet stores. Heck, the champion could be 10 generations back by now and they could still say the pups are from champion bloodlines. We all should know by now that bloodlines don't make the puppies automaticly perfect. Good breeders don't need to have "champion bloodlines" all over their website. They simply list the parent's titles with their picture or individual info.

Her whole website seems kind of elusive to me. As if she's only giving info to those who contact so she can make something up as she goes. If you went through her whole website and took out all the info that's repeated or not pertinent to her breeding program you get half a paragraph of info. All of it is "duh" info as well: like you get shots and akc papers with your purchase, and I handle the puppies from birth. Well duh I should hope so for all of those things. No reason to list them in your website other than to fill in some space.

Ginger's Mom
01-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Defensive aren't we. I see you've decided you like this person and are probably going to ignore our advice regardless.
That is rather harsh, considering buttercup has already said she is sorry, and that she hadn't thought of it in that way.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 12:00 PM
OMG! I love Cresteds! : D I am really excited for you, they are the most awesome little dogs. I know I love them :D I'm not sure if I will be aloud one or when I will be but I firgured I'd start looking just incase;)

Thanks Erica I will check out the links :) I quickly scanned the last one quickly and they even have hairless cats so the puppies would be used to mine lol.

Defensive aren't we. I see you've decided you like this person and are probably going to ignore our advice regardless A little ignorant aren't we. I'm not some 13 yr old brat. If I was just going to go ahead and get a pup from this person I wouldn't have asked for opinions. I didn't understand what you were saying and after it was explained I said sorry. I don't fully know what to look for with breeders that's why I aked for people to look.

When I know for sure if I can get another dog I will probly also try and go to a show and talk to some people and see their dogs.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 12:22 PM
yes yes, incredibly cute.

but how long would this one last before we see the thread on here saying its gone to another home/shelter and you get yet another animal?

pardon my disapproval for any breeder willing to ship puppies like merchandise.

oh and im not trying to start a fight session, this is a question i actually mean.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 12:33 PM
but how long would this one last before we see the thread on here saying its gone to another home/shelter and you get yet another animal?
What are you talking about? I've NEVER re homed a dog or cat in my life.

When I was younger and because of my parents I had to re home little animals but I was hmm like 13. I re homed my bunnies in September because I went back to school and it wasn't fair to them. Oh sorry should I have kept them and let them sit in a cage all day? If I had known that I was going to get a job offer and leave school I would have kept them. I also have never dumped a animal at a shelter.

pardon my disapproval for any breeder willing to ship puppies like merchandise.
Just because they ship doesn't mean they view their dogs as merchindise. There was a PT foster on here who has just got shipped by plane to another PT home, so are you saying they are wrong, cruel and think of the dog as merchendise?

You really have no clue what your talking about and you know barley anything about me. Your a stuck up 13 yr old who doesn't care what you say to people and will soon enough have what's coming to you. I hope Karen sees to it that you are banned for the havvoc you have caused here in the past and apparently the future.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 12:55 PM
oh? well thats a very odd thing to say,
especially seeing as most of us remember a poor little furbaby called IVY.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=130347&highlight=ivy
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=132947&highlight=ivy

where were you then?
kitty has a problem and your willing to throw it away!
if you can afford to keep a horse, a kitten and a crested dog, why couldnt you afford to keep Ivy?
do you even HAVE a heart?
and i dont care if i get banned!
the only 'havoc' ive caused is from telling the truth about a brat that apparently believes animals are expendable!
oh and stuck up?
if anyones stuck up, its you. you seem to take pride in telling younger people to learn their place like your the queen of pet talk and butter wouldnt melt in your mouth.
how far from the truth that is.

yes ive just fired the trouble bullet right through my own skull but you know what? i dont care. ive had enough of you and your never-ending willingness to make up excuses to get another animal. i had more responsibility when i was 5 years old than you have now. shameful.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 01:09 PM
:rolleyes: Oh lord child, get your facts straight before you decide to go on a rampage.
You don't pay for your cats vet bills and I'd be surpised if you know roughly the cost of what vets even charge for a check up.
Do you know even what a heart murrmor is?
Do you know how much it would cost to get all the test done on him to even figure out if we could help him?
Do you know the how much it would cost for surguries and medications if we could help him?
I was scammed by the lady who sold him to me.
She said there was nothing wrong with him and he was perfectly healthy.
I took him to the vet for a check up and that's what I found. I didn't want a special needs cat as I know I can't afford one or care for one.
Hence why I'm looking for a good breeder so I don't end up with a dog that will have lots of problems.
I never re homed Ivy I gave him back to the person who sold him to me.
She told me she was going to keep him and treat him, again she lied to me and she is the one who posted the ad to re home him AGAIN.

the only 'havoc' ive caused is from telling the truth about a brat that apparently believes animals are expendable!
oh and stuck up?
Really because I remember you chasing Reggie around in any thread he replied to and would swear and call him names and start arguments.

if anyones stuck up, its you. you seem to take pride in telling younger people to learn their place like your the queen of pet talk and butter wouldnt melt in your mouth.
I never told you where your place is or any other kid?
I have said multiple times to you to respect older people and that wasn't even on PT.

how far from the truth that is.
Pretty far seeing as you don't know much about me. You've been here for not even a year, I've been here almost 3. How could you know 3 years worth of me in less then a year?

This is becoming WAY off topic so if your going to reply do it in pm's please as this is not what I asked for. If you don't like me or what I post put me on ignore and don't read my threads.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 01:19 PM
heart murmur- extra or unusual sound heard in the heartbeat.

Do you know how much it would cost to get all the test done on him to even figure out if we could help him?
Do you know the how much it would cost for surguries and medications if we could help him?

not as much as loaning/buying/feeding/stable hire/grooming kits/ field hire/livery costs add up to. explain that.

Hence why I'm looking for a good breeder so I don't end up with a dog that will have lots of problems.

seeing as you sing the praises of shelters so very often, why dont you actually go to one and get a dog if you want one so badly? they need love too.

Really because I remember you chasing Reggie around in any thread he replied to and would swear and call him names and start arguments.
actually, about 98% of the time it was him starting on me or a friend. i'll admit i started the rest but i have 0 sympathy for those that deny medical aid to sick animals.

I never told you where your place is or any other kid?
I have said multiple times to you to respect older people and that wasn't even on PT

i respect my elders with intensity. but i do NOT respect those that treat animals as fashion items, status symbols or treat them like they can be swapped anytime.

Pretty far seeing as you don't know much about me. You've been here for not even a year, I've been here almost 3. How could you know 3 years worth of me in less then a year?

im a girl that does her homework alicia. its amazing what you find out by searching through days gone by.

IRescue452
01-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Well, holy war here.
Sorry for the shot at your defensiveness, but you really were putting too much defense up for a breeder you don't even know. It did sound like you were turning a blind eye to the things we were pointing out in our evaluations. Don't get attached too quickly like that. For every good breeder there are at least two dozen bad breeders. You're gonna find a lot of breeders we'd give poor evaluations to before finding a good one. I'd even argue against half the breeders that PT'ers have purchased from. The perfect breeder doesn't exist, but you can do a lot better than this one.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 01:34 PM
IRescue452,
well said dude.

even if you are going to get from a breeder, which i still dont approve of but your never going to listen to some "stuck up 13 year old" who "has no idea what shes on about", you can do better than this one. open ones eyes.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Great to see you read the part where I said if you want to reply do it in pm's :rolleyes:

seeing as you sing the praises of shelters so very often, why dont you actually go to one and get a dog if you want one so badly? they need love too.
I'm answering this here because it is some what on topic.
I want a certain breed. I have no problem with people who go to PROPER breeders and never have. Other people on here think you shouldn't even get a dog from a proper breeder but I personally think it's fine.
If you looked at the breed I want I'm pretty sure it's pretty evident that they don't show up in shelters often, maybe with their growing popularity there will be more in the future but as of right now there isn't.
There is one in a shelter near me but it is special needs, again like I said with Ivy, I'm not signing up for a animal with special needs.
There are rescues with Crested but rescues are very strict and all these rescues are in the U.S and they usually don't ship and require a home check.
Kind of hard to do a home check when your across the country. Also most of the Cresteds in rescues are also special needs because they are from bad breeders.

If you really want me to answer the other questions I will pm you them seeing as apparently you can't grasp the concept of pming me.

You're gonna find a lot of breeders we'd give poor evaluations to before finding a good one. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
I don't want to go to a bad breeder but I don't know much of what I'm looking for. I've never got a dog from a breeder so the only thing I know is what I've herd to look for on here. Which isn't that much.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
well, im not PMing you, because if you have nothing to hide and you are so valid, why cant the rest of the community read it?
and if the crested you got was special needs, would you throw it away just as you did with Ivy?

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Come on now :rolleyes: ..this is all a bit ridiculous..Buttercup did not post this thread so you could bash her..she asked for advice about a breeder.. if you do not like the fact that she plans on buying from breeder, that is fine, really..but move on or take it to PMs!..now how about we get back on topic?

Buttercup,

I am sending you a PM to a crested forum... i'm thinking they would be able to give you more advice on this breeder.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
i didnt come on here just to attack alicia. i came on this thread to ask how long it will be until this dog, or another animal, would be gone.
my 'advice'
see that shelter? yeah. its not for exchanging or binning animals. go down there and look around and you my fall in love with another dog.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
well, im not PMing you, because if you have nothing to hide and you are so valid, why cant the rest of the community read it?
and if the crested you got was special needs, would you throw it away just as you did with Ivy? I don't have anythign to hide but it is totally off topic. Almost everything you have complained about is just me repeating myself as it's already on PT somewhere.
No I wouldn't throw it away because I would never get one in the first place. And (oh repeating myself again) I never threw Ivy away I have him back to the person I got him from.

Thanks again Danegirl:)

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 02:06 PM
so basically,
"oh theres something wrong with this cat. oh i dont want to pay for it. oh its a heart murmur. i blame the breeder. take it back".
now that is what i call treating a cat like merchandise.

what if this crested were to develop a problem later? would you still keep it?
from what ive seen, i dont think so. it would be another brick in your wall.

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 02:08 PM
i didnt come on here just to attack alicia. i came on this thread to ask how long it will be until this dog, or another animal, would be gone.
my 'advice'
see that shelter? yeah. its not for exchanging or binning animals. go down there and look around and you my fall in love with another dog.

Shelters are great..as animal lovers, we all know that and support them...but you are missing the point. She wants a Chinese Crested. Maybe she has already looked at shelters in her area for one, you do not know.. plus I highly doubt there are many Cresteds sitting in the pound waiting for a home. You really have no right to judge anyone for going to a breeder...responsible breeders are not the reason for the thousands of dogs sitting in shelters...irresponsible breeders are. If she is buying from a responsible breeder, who are you to judge her?

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 02:11 PM
what im asking is-
why does the dog *have* to be a chinese crested? sure- theyre sweet little things. incredibly cute. but is it not possible that she could love a dog that *wasnt* pedigree?

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 02:13 PM
"oh theres something wrong with this cat. oh i dont want to pay for it. oh its a heart murmur. i blame the breeder. take it back". No, like I said you don't even understand what a heart murrmor is. It's not just like the cat has a cold or a broken leg. It can't just be diagnosed and fixed. My two cats have had problems I'm sure you have come across during your creepy search on me.
Ducky had crystals and I paid and got that cleared. He went to the vet right away. Milo had a skin problem I took him to the vet and he got antibiotics that again I paid for. It's not a case of the cat just being sick and not wanting to pay for it and that's what you don't get. Until you understand the problem don't bash me.

why does the dog *have* to be a chinese crested? sure- theyre sweet little things. incredibly cute. but is it not possible that she could love a dog that *wasnt* pedigree? Why does anyone on this board have certain breeds? It's because these are the breeds we like, these are what we are attracted to. I have no problem with mutts I love big mutts. My own dog is a mutt! I've been waiting for a long time to be able to get a Crested and that's what I'm going to get.

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 02:14 PM
what im asking is-
why does the dog *have* to be a chinese crested? sure- theyre sweet little things. incredibly cute. but is it not possible that she could love a dog that *wasnt* pedigree?

That would be like asking me why do I HAVE to have a purebred Great Dane..Why? Because I LOVE the breed and I couldn't possibly imagine lfe without one. She is not a horrible person for wanting to get a purebred dog :rolleyes:

Flatcoatluver
01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
what im asking is-

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. You trying so hard to bash Alicia, but your forgetting about others on pt who have purebreds. As a communtiy we love dogs, purebreds or not. There are traits in purebreds that a lot of people love. For example now that I have owned a sheltie, I can never see my self owning any other dog, blame me for wanting a purebred from a responsible breeder.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 02:27 PM
look- im not saying theres anything wrong with purebreds. I have a purebreed Husky and a purebreed british short hair- but i didnt buy them.

i do understand what a heart murmur is. i do understand that it cant be just fixed. but what i dont understand is why shes so hell bent on getting a dog from a breeder. i have nothing wrong with responsible owners, breeders, etc. but its the life their looking after that bothers me. alicia has not been exactly responsible with those lives.

Ducky had crystals and I paid and got that cleared. He went to the vet right away. Milo had a skin problem I took him to the vet and he got antibiotics that again I paid for. It's not a case of the cat just being sick and not wanting to pay for it and that's what you don't get. Until you understand the problem don't bash me.

i find it just a little bit odd that these two pure breed sphynx kitties got vet treatment, yet you didnt even try to help Ivy.
can you justify that 'coincidence'?

Whisk_Luva
01-25-2008, 02:27 PM
My two cats have had problems I'm sure you have come across during your creepy search on me.

Sorry, I am trying not to get into this, but I was just wondering why the 'search' is creepy? I think -pickle- just wants to get her facts right, so she has been searching previous threads.

Not ganging up or anything etc.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 02:35 PM
i find it just a little bit odd that these two pure breed sphynx kitties got vet treatment, yet you didnt even try to help Ivy.
can you justify that 'coincidence'? Wow honestly when you think it can't get any worse :rolleyes: Ivy WAS a purebred Sphynx!

Sorry, I am trying not to get into this, but I was just wondering why the 'search' is creepy? I think -pickle- just wants to get her facts right, so she has been searching previous threads.
You don't think it's weird in any way that she starting doing "homework" as she reffered it to on me? She looked back on my post and then decided to come to one of my threads and attack me.

i have nothing wrong with responsible owners, breeders, etc. but its the life their looking after that bothers me. alicia has not been exactly responsible with those lives.
Your being kind of a hypocrit saying you have a problem with breeders in one post and then saying you don't in the next. If your so worried about me not being responsible then why are you suggesting a shelter dog? It's still a dog, still life to look after, still has the same requirments as a well bred dog.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 02:37 PM
oops. sorry. i overlooked something. give me 40 lashes with a 9 tails whip. :rolleyes:
i decided to come onto your thread and ask the dreaded fate of this poor dog. still havent recieved an answer.

binka_nugget
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
what im asking is-

This is getting really silly..

All my dogs are purebreds. One from a BYB (should have known better, but didn't unfortunately), a shelter dog, and one from a fantastic breeder. I went out seeking a specific breed each time, because I love those breeds. There's nothing wrong with someone wanting a purebred -- it's how they find it that is important. Alicia is doing the right thing trying to weed out the bad breeders from the good.

With that said, judging solely on that breeder's website and from what you've told us, I would keep looking. If you dig deep enough, every dog will come from "Champion bloodlines". Now, if she mentioned multiple BIS and BISS dogs, maybe some obedience titles, CGN/CGC, and such in the immediate pedigree, that might impress me a little bit more.

I should also point out there's nothing wrong with shipping puppies (although I also would be concerned if they did it too young). If you choose to go to a breeder, you should be looking for the best breeder you can find. The chances of having that "best breeder" close to you, isn't very good. Keeva's breeder was the best one I found after a YEAR of searching. I had to fly her in from California but she is an outstanding example of her breed.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
i decided to come onto your thread and ask the dreaded fate of this poor dog. still havent recieved an answer.
I havn't even got a dog yet?!
Obviously nothing is going to happen to it..

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Your being kind of a hypocrit saying you have a problem with breeders in one post and then saying you don't in the next. If your so worried about me not being responsible then why are you suggesting a shelter dog? It's still a dog, still life to look after, still has the same requirments as a well bred dog

well, you did a real good job of looking after Ivy didnt you? do you even care about where he is now?
if we had no breeders we would have no dogs. but the western worlds shelters are already overpopulated.
your the hipocritE, by telling everyone that they should go to shelters, and then buying a dog.
again ive said it.
justify yourself. you have alot to explain.

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 02:42 PM
oops. sorry. i overlooked something. give me 40 lashes with a 9 tails whip. :rolleyes:

"Dreaded" fate of what dog? She is only doing research on breeders at this time, she is not going to jump up and get a puppy today. You mentioned earlier, "what if she recieved a puppy with problems, would she give up on it too?"..again, you are missing the point. This is not going to happen if she does her research and buys from a responsible breeder..which she is.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I havn't even got a dog yet?!
Obviously nothing is going to happen to it..

nothing is going to happen to it if it doesnt get into your hands that is.

[[if you say i'll be banned. go ahead. say it. im not bothered]]

Logan
01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Oooops. Had to leave this thread. I don't want to be a part of something like this. Sorry.

Edited by me

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
"Dreaded" fate of what dog? She is only doing research on breeders at this time, she is not going to jump up and get a puppy today. You mentioned earlier, "what if she recieved a puppy with problems, would she give up on it too?"..again, you are missing the point. This is not going to happen if she does her research and buys from a responsible breeder..which she is.

even if the dog got a clean bill of health, theres no denying that it could develop an illness. then what would happen to it.

edit: lovely post logan.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 02:49 PM
do you even care about where he is now?

Even though it's not my responsibility yes I do and without the help of his original owner I tracked the person down on facebook and now talk to her.

your the hipocritE, by telling everyone that they should go to shelters, and then buying a dog.
again ive said it. I don't tell everyone to go to shelters, again upon your searches you should know this.

even if the dog got a clean bill of health, theres no denying that it could develop an illness. then what would happen to it. Again during your many searches (and my already reply) you should have seen that my cats have both had illnesses come up and they have been treated.

Do you not realise how stupid you sound right now? Honeslty your clearly trying to provoke me and get a reaction out of me and everyone is seeing it and obviously they also find it pretty rediculous.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 02:56 PM
oh im not provoking you. you dont even have to answer me. but you do.
if logic= stupid now then order of the universe has been inverted and that means you must be incredibly smart, all hail buttercup the new steven hawking.
my watch isnt ticking anticlockwise. so clearly that hasnt happened. and obviously not everyone agrees with your opinion.

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 03:00 PM
I am still baffled at how off topic this thread has gone..if you don't like buttercup or her decisions, Pickle.. why not just move on?..at this point all you are doing is bickering and trying to get a rise out of her, very immature on your part and I highly doubt very many people are taking you seriously....the point of this thread was not to bring up past events. Move on...

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 03:04 PM
hey- its immaturity, yep. i dont *have* to be totally mature.
but you cannot deny that my arguement has logic.
if you say that i have a spineless arguement i suggest you go to your local hospital to have some tests run on your brain.

caseysmom
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM

Wow all these comments are way out of line and you are just making yourself look bad.

jennielynn1970
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Actually, it's been an amusing exchange to watch. Alicia does preach to others to look for shelter dogs/cats, even had it in her siggie about adopting shelter animals instead of the "breed and buy" while others die. Alicia is also very good at belittling others and making snide comments. Pickle was dead on with many of her statements. Good research ~Pickle~.

I've had two friends who found Chinese crested dogs, and one Chinese Crested mix, in local shelters. Seriously, have you done a search on PetFinder if you really want that particular breed? It would be saving a shelter animal's life instead of plumping the wallet of a breeder. Are you looking at a time line, or are you willing to wait? You might be able to find one in another area, if not local, so it would still be helping a shelter dog.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Wow all these comments are way out of line and you are just making yourself look bad.

i have never cared about what people think of me and im not going to start now.

thankyou very much jenn =]

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Actually, it's been an amusing exchange to watch. Alicia does preach to others to look for shelter dogs/cats, even had it in her siggie about adopting shelter animals instead of the "breed and buy" while others die. Alicia is also very good at belittling others and making snide comments. Pickle was dead on with many of her statements. Good research ~Pickle Yes I do tell people to look in shelters but that's when they are going to buy dogs from a byb especially when they are looking to get a mixed breed from a breeder. If someone is looking for a purebred I almost always suggest either looking in a shelter or go to a local show and talk to breeders. I've also never had those quotes in my siggy;) Your pretty good at making those snide comments yourself.

Seriously, have you done a search on PetFinder if you really want that particular breed? Yes I have and I already said that I did in this thread, look back on my post.

It would be saving a shelter animal's life instead of plumping the wallet of a breeder. I'm going to a good breeder, they won't be making any money off of the money I give them. The money real breders ask for is to go to what they spent on testing, showing,spay/neuter, shots etc. They rarley make the money back that they put into the dogs.

i have never cared about what people think of me and im not going to start now This is what I mean about causing havvoc and being stuck up. Look what you have turned this thread into and how rude your being to others that have done nothing wrong.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I've also never had those quotes in my siggy

yes, you have. i remember them clearly.

and pretty mucht the only reason breeders breed is to make money.
purebreed=profit. they arent doing it for some nirvana-type reason of a doggie haven. its for their wallets.

This is what I mean about causing havvoc and being stuck up. Look what you have turned this thread into and how rude your being to others that have done nothing wrong

the fact that a human only looks at the first and last letter of a word and the rest can be jumbled up yet still they could read it, is a fact. not a challenge.
please go back to school.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Ok well I'm pretty sure I havn't my siggy always has the same words under it.
There's other people who have that quote that I have seen but I wouldn't put something I don't belive in, into my signature and I wouldn't copy someone's quote.

purebreed=profit. they arent doing it for some nirvana-type reason of a doggie haven. its for their wallets. Wow you really don't know much :rolleyes: Talk to some of the breeders on this board heck talk to some actual dog people and they will tell you different.

Jenn you just got a dog that you can't even afford. People put money together so you could get the dog. If you can't even afford the dogs petty $200 fleight how will you afford vet bills? Not to mention I'm pretty sure I've read that your tight on money because of all your fosters.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 03:43 PM
"wont you practice what you preach,
and wont you turn the other cheek,
father father father help us,
send some guidance from above,
cos people got me
got me questioning,
where is the love"

some songs are just tailor made for situations.

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 03:44 PM
yes, you have. i remember them clearly.

purebreed=profit. they arent doing it for some nirvana-type reason of a doggie haven. its for their wallets.

PLEASE do your research before making ignorent remarks like this! Absolutly ridiculous!...a responsible breeder does NOT breed for money..first of all if a breeder is doing all they are supposed to they will NOT profit from breeding, infact most reputable breeders LOSE money in their litters. What you are thinking of Pickle, is a Backyard breeder..and there IS a difference. Backyard breeders and puppy mills are the ones that breed for money, every puppy they produce is a dollar sign in their eyes...they are completly different than a responsible breeder who is breeding to improve the breed.

This thread has gotten udderly ridiculous..please get your facts straight before posting false information.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Wow you really don't know much Talk to some of the breeders on this board heck talk to some actual dog people and they will tell you different

yeah i do know what im talking about. one of my mums best firends is a husky breeder, ive met other breeders, im not sat in a dark cardboard box with a computer as my only social life. and the only reason they did it, except about 1 or two, was to sell the puppies. (cute little things they are too. so very soft and lullaby sweet)

edit- oh and i suppose these husky breeders are classes as back yard breeders? i dont think so. most well cared for dogs ive ever seen were these huskies.

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 03:47 PM
yeah i do know what im talking about. one of my mums best firends is a husky breeder, ive met other breeders, im not sat in a dark cardboard box with a computer as my only social life. and the only reason they did it, except about 1 or two, was to sell the puppies. (cute little things they are too. so very soft and lullaby sweet)

then they were not responsible breeders...

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 03:48 PM
then they were not responsible breeders...

they were. they made checks to make sure the dogs were properly cared for, would go out of their way to make sure the dog was ok and warned that they can run very fast and would not make good house pets (with the exception of Red, our dog.)

edit: Red was given to us for free. there was nothing wrong with her, in good health, and they knew she would have a loving home here.
ask yourself- would a back yard breeder give away a dog?

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 03:50 PM
they were. they made checks to make sure the dogs were properly cared for, would go out of their way to make sure the dog was ok and warned that they can run very fast and would not make good house pets (with the exception of Red, our dog.)

Did they show or work their dogs? Did they health test (and i'm not talking about a vet visit)? I do not think you know the meaning of a reputable breeder...

caseysmom
01-25-2008, 03:50 PM

edit- oh and i suppose these husky breeders are classes as back yard breeders? i dont think so. most well cared for dogs ive ever seen were these huskies.
So now your the expert based on one breeder, this is totally ridiculous.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Did they show or work their dogs? Did they health test (and i'm not talking about a vet visit)? I do not think you know the meaning of a reputable breeder...

huskies by tradition are working dogs. they didnt have to but they excercised and trained the dogs to do sled work. they enjoyed it and never overworked them. if there was the slightest problem it never went unnoticed and was seen to immediately.

oh and of course im not an expert. im 13 years old. get over your inflated ego and take a look at yourself before you go and call anything or anyone ridiculous.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 04:00 PM
What's even more rediculous is that there is a adult agreeing with her!!
:rolleyes: What ever I'm done answering your rediculous questions, do some REAL research on breeding and you'll get your answers. I can't wait till Karen sees this and how rediculous your being.

binka_nugget
01-25-2008, 04:00 PM

Sorry but that's completely untrue. I've already invested a lot of money into Keeva and she's only a year old. There's still more money required for showing, agility trials, hip & elbow xrays, eye testing, etc. I already know I won't get that money back. The GOOD breeders do it for the love of their breed. We have a couple resident PT breeders here who will tell you the same thing. I won't be breeding for profit (cause there won't be much, if any at all). I plan on breeding because the breed is far gone from what it should be. The only reason one should breed is to better the breed. Period. Not because puppies are cute, to make some extra cash, or because the mom and/or dad are nice (there are PLENTY of nice dogs in shelters). When you breed PROPERLY, there is RARELY profit.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 04:02 PM
What's even more rediculous is that there is a adult agreeing with her!!
:rolleyes: What ever I'm done answering your rediculous questions, do some REAL research on breeding and you'll get your answers. I can't wait till Karen sees this and how rediculous your being.

well at least while this has gone on a few more people are starting to see what an irresponsible girl you are being. your acting like a spoilt child.
get over yourself!

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 04:02 PM
huskies by tradition are working dogs. they didnt have to but they excercised and trained the dogs to do sled work. they enjoyed it and never overworked them. if there was the slightest problem it never went unnoticed and was seen to immediately.

oh and of course im not an expert. im 13 years old. get over your inflated ego and take a look at yourself before you go and call anything or anyone ridiculous.

I know perfectly well that huskies are working dogs..and that is great that they worked them. Really..but if they were honestly breeding "just to have puppies"...they are irresponsible..and thats not my opinion thats fact.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Not because puppies are cute, to make some extra cash, or because the mom and/or dad are nice (there are PLENTY of nice dogs in shelters). When you breed PROPERLY, there is RARELY profit

I quoted this for Jenn who seems to think I'm terrible for thinking people should get shelter animals and then wanting a dog from a breeder. Ashley says the same thing as me and oh look she got Keeva from a breeder. The same thing as your bashing me for.

What is this about my 'inflated ego'? Maybe I am missing something... You are jeez Sydney your so full of yourself lmao:p :rolleyes:

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Sorry but that's completely untrue. I've already invested a lot of money into Keeva and she's only a year old. There's still more money required for showing, agility trials, hip & elbow xrays, eye testing, etc. I already know I won't get that money back. The GOOD breeders do it for the love of their breed. We have a couple resident PT breeders here who will tell you the same thing. I won't be breeding for profit (cause there won't be much, if any at all). I plan on breeding because the breed is far gone from what it should be. The only reason one should breed is to better the breed. Period. Not because puppies are cute, to make some extra cash, or because the mom and/or dad are nice (there are PLENTY of nice dogs in shelters). When you breed PROPERLY, there is RARELY profit.

most of the breeders i know, their pack is their life, their love, their livelihood and their passion. they care about their dogs and i have the upmost respect for how much they care.

-Pickle-
01-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I know perfectly well that huskies are working dogs..and that is great that they worked them. Really..but if they were honestly breeding "just to have puppies"...they are irresponsible..and thats not my opinion thats fact.

This thread has gotten out of hand..I am done with your immaturity.

fair enough if you are done with "my immaturity" then kindly bow out.
the inflated ego comment was not directed at you. sorry i should have left a name on the post. my mistake.
they werent breeding just to have puppies, well breeding is to make puppies, but as i have already said, love, life,livelihood and greatest passion.

edit:
I quoted this for Jenn who seems to think I'm terrible for thinking people should get shelter animals and then wanting a dog from a breeder. Ashley says the same thing as me and oh look she got Keeva from a breeder. The same thing as your bashing me for.

Ginger's Mom
01-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Ladie's please remember that Pickle is from England. They may not have the same standards as American breeders have. She may be right that in her country no one breeds for the enhancement of the breed. I would do not know enough about breeding in her country to contradict her. She, on the other hand, should not assume that because her country's breeders lack a certain ethic that it is true in all countries.

Danegirl2208
01-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Ladie's please remember that Pickle is from England. They may not have the same standards as American breeders have. She may be right that in her country no one breeds for the enhancement of the breed. I would do not know enough about breeding in her country to contradict her. She, on the other hand, should not assume that because her country's breeders lack a certain ethic that it is true in all countries.

I know of many reputable breeders in England..they are not breeding for any other reason than to improve the breed.

buttercup132
01-25-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't think it really matters what country your from there's always going to be some breeders breeding to better the breed.

IRescue452
01-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Reputable breeders don't make a profit selling puppies. They are lucky to break even.

Catty1
01-25-2008, 11:32 PM
PS: And unreputable breeders, let alone pet owners, can lie. I remember Ivy's story, and Alicia was told he was fine. It was after she got him that he went to the vet and the problems were discovered.

Now, if you knew beforehand that you couldn't take on a special-needs pet - then got one you were told was fine, and it turned out to be special needs - what the heck are you going to do?

Especially if you are in school, not working, and it's your parents' money(which is why you wouldn't get a special needs pet in the first place)?

Alicia has said she is in regular contact with Ivy's new owner.

Pickle - whatever good points you may have had in your postings (and I saw none) were obliterated by your bloody rudeness.

JMO

animalcraker
01-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Pickle - whatever good points you may have had in your postings (and I saw none) were obliterated by your bloody rudeness.

Amen to that!

BC_MoM
01-26-2008, 12:40 AM
I am utterly disgusted with this thread. Alicia is asking for opinions on a breeder. She is not asking for anyone to bring up that fact that yes, maybe she does make snide and immature comments from time to time, but I don't think she is the only one guilty of this.

-Pickle-, you are making a complete FOOL of yourself with your immature and poorly backed remarks. I suggest that you zip it before you make yourself look even worse.

what im asking is-

1) Because she would like one, and is interested in the breed
2) I believe Alicia has had a non-pedigree dog.

I would like to know just where is your justification in saying that she has never loved a mixed breed? This was a poorly backed up statement.

You're right, it would would probably wind up finding another good home. But what makes you say Alicia isn't a fit home for a dog (or animal)? You have no evidence other than her rehoming an animal she did not meet the needs for. She could have easily dumped it on the side of the road. Again, this is not a justified statement.

hey- its immaturity, yep. i dont *have* to be totally mature.
but you cannot deny that my arguement has logic.
if you say that i have a spineless arguement i suggest you go to your local hospital to have some tests run on your brain.

Yes, we can deny that your argument contains logic. You have made no justified statements.

Well, I am sorry to hear you think this. England must be a sad, sad place to live. Yes, some breeders breed for profit. These are NOT reputable breeders. Any REPUTABLE breeder does not make a profit, and just barely, mostly NEVER, even breaks even.

Can we all act mature now and get back ON TOPIC? (Topic being what everyone thinks of these breeders, for those of you who find this difficult to understand).

-Pickle-
01-26-2008, 03:31 AM
-Pickle-, you are making a complete FOOL of yourself with your immature and poorly backed remarks. I suggest that you zip it before you make yourself look even worse.

i have considered your suggestion.
my answer is-
nope.

England must be a sad, sad place to live.

and canada+america are the happiest places in the world to live?

Yes, we can deny that your argument contains logic. You have made no justified statements.

and i can say that everyone sans two or three people is just biased towards alicia because she wasnt one the people that have seen her second face.

Can we all act mature now and get back ON TOPIC? (Topic being what everyone thinks of these breeders, for those of you who find this difficult to understand).

yes we can. my view is check every shelter near her first. then if that doesnt work, find a better breeder than this one.

bckrazy
01-26-2008, 04:22 AM
Wow... this got horrifically ugly! D:

Pickle, I will put aside the fact that you are acting very rude, immature, judgemental, and holier than thou.

What annoys me the most is that you are implying that rescue is the only way to go. Buying from a reputable breeder is NOT effecting rescue. Of course, I always suggest rescue as an option, but to judge some one for wanting to find a reputable breeder to buy a puppy from is just close-minded. That kind of attitude is what drives people away from rescue AND reputable breeders - the attitude of the elitist rescuer. I have met quite a few. And, with every single one of them, it seems that their passion does not come from a love for the animals; it comes from a love for being condescending and putting others down.

Honestly, you have NEVER re-homed a single pet? Everyone makes mistakes, everyone lacks judgement at times, and there are situations where it is the only resort. What matters most is how one goes about re-homing... I have known Alicia for a while, and I know she is a responsible pet owner. You can keep spewing your personal attacks, if it makes you feel better, but I'm not listening.

buttercup132
01-26-2008, 07:20 AM
PS: And unreputable breeders, let alone pet owners, can lie. I remember Ivy's story, and Alicia was told he was fine. It was after she got him that he went to the vet and the problems were discovered.

Now, if you knew beforehand that you couldn't take on a special-needs pet - then got one you were told was fine, and it turned out to be special needs - what the heck are you going to do?

Especially if you are in school, not working, and it's your parents' money(which is why you wouldn't get a special needs pet in the first place)?

Alicia has said she is in regular contact with Ivy's new owner.

JMO Thank you, I remember almost everyone supported what happened with Ivy and agreed with what I was saying. I guess some people are just too blunt to understand these things.

Thanks everyone for your help.
I think next time I'll just pm a few people who I know, know alot about finding good breeders.

-Pickle-
01-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Honestly, you have NEVER re-homed a single pet?

no, ive never rehomed a single pet.

lorn
01-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Just wanted to add, that Alicia(we) has just lost a precious Mixed breed whom we have had for 12 and half years. Loved dearly....
We also have a 13 year old mixed breed dog still and 3 domestic cats...4 of these animals were rescued from shelters...
So, clearly get over yorself.
(srry ali!) coudlnt help it.

Genny
01-26-2008, 11:10 AM
well you should be grateful that you've never had to rehome a pet. I have and so have a lot of other PT's here i'm sure..it was one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make but sometimes it's for the best. You should stop bashing at buttercup. You let her know how you felt at first but it is getting ridiculous now...I think you just want to argue. :rolleyes:

BC_MoM
01-26-2008, 11:20 AM
and i can say that everyone sans two or three people is just biased towards alicia because she wasnt one the people that have seen her second face.

Again, spitting out lies. In reality, Alicia and I really aren't fantastic friends. We've only recently started to get along.

yes we can. my view is check every shelter near her first. then if that doesnt work, find a better breeder than this one.

You're hilarious. It is people like YOU who turn rescue off of people. You still have yet to tell me what is wrong with Alicia getting a purebred from a reputable breeder.

Then you can't possibly understand that some people don't have a CHOICE and find GREAT new homes for any pets they need to rehome.

Anyway. Didn't Karen PM you already to tell you to watch it? I suggest you follow her advice.

Twisterdog
01-26-2008, 01:26 PM
What a ridiculous thread. I hesitate even posting in it.

However, in the original post, an opinion was asked for ... does this breeder seem like a good one?

My opinion is: no. I agree with those who, for various reasons already stated, say this breeder seems like a BYB. A VERY nice person can be a BYB. They are not all horrible people. They are all ignorant people.

I'm not saying stupid, I'm saying ignorant. Ignorant means not knowledgeable, not informed. I have been working with dogs for decades, and I am very much too ignorant to be a breeder. I'd say about 90% of people breeding are also too ignorant to be breeders. I do not have anywhere near the time, detailed knowledge, money or commitment to be a reputable breeder. I wouldn't even try. It's the people that try anyway that make BYB's.

Owning and loving a purebred dog does not make you an expert. I own four purebred dogs, I have done purebred breed rescue for years and years. I love my dogs with all my heart. I've read books, taken classes, studied articles on the internet, and worked hands on with dogs for decades. It makes me more knowledgeable than the general public on dogs in general, and these breeds in particular. But does it make me such an expert that I am qualified to say that I know how to better the breed by adding more puppies to the registries? No way.

You can be the nicest, most sincere, sweet, caring person in the world ... that doesn't give the the knowledge and experience with genetics, show standards, etc. that being a reputatble breeder requires.

buttercup132
01-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Didn't Karen PM you already to tell you to watch it? She did, but member she doesn't care what people think or if she gets banned so she won't stop until she is banned ro we stop talking to her. Once I get a pm from Karen telling me to knock it off I don't even reply back to that thread, she is still coming back here.

no. I agree with those who, for various reasons already stated, say this breeder seems like a BYB. A VERY nice person can be a BYB. They are not all horrible people. They are all ignorant people. Thank you for going back on topic, although this thread is already far gone I won't be getting a puppy from these people.

I like the one Erica posted http://www.curlious.ca/puppies.asp
They are even in Toronto which is kinda close to me.

This is a little of what they said (on their site too)

Our goal is not to win the most ribbons, or produce the most puppies, but to help promote the total dog, in conformation, health and temperament. Through public education, genetic testing, conformation and obedience events, we hope to present to the world the very best possible Chinese Crested. We are proud to CERF, OptiGen, BAER and OFA our dogs.

Suki Wingy
01-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Everyone- please just ignore pickle. I suspect this thread will be closed very soon, anyway, since the original topic has been touched apon already.

Pickle has shown countless times in this thread that she simply has not yet had the time to live life and experience the twists and turns life can bring. That is youth. I am by no means trying to suggest I have either.

She has never re-homed an animal. What happens if an unavoidable, unsuspected event happens? Say you have a dog who you love and care for, and your income covers his needs, such as any medication, medical bills, feed, toys, etc. Suddenly a reccesion causes your employer to let several employees go because they can no longer afford to pay them, and you are one. All of a sudden, your income goes from adequate to not enough to even cover rent and you have to move in with a friend. Say your dog has a condition that causes him to need meds, meds which you no longer can afford. Do you keep him off his meds or do you find him a proper, loving home with a person who can afford his medication and all other needs he may have?

Get my point?

Karen
01-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm closing this thread, as the original topic has been discussed, resolved, and none of us need the contention to continue.