PDA

View Full Version : Quick advice..

Alysser
01-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Too make a long story short, I had a fight with this girl at school and we haven't said ONE word to each other in a week, except insults(to me, I've been really good at biting my tounge). I did NOTHING wrong and the whole thing is so stupid. Basically she's mad at me for defending my friend and going against her. She's being a total A-hole and she's telling people not to talk to me, etc. No one is listening to her because no one likes her. So anyway, a few people suggested I just apologize to her. But really, why should I? I didn't do anything to her and she refuses to apologize. I feel if I apologize I am letting her win. Forget being the bigger person, because to me that only applies when you both did something wrong. I think I know what I want to do but some people here may make better points and such so any advice.

I was planning on telling her "I am not apologizing until YOU realize who is really wrong here."

I'm so confused.. :p Honestly, I wasn't really friends with her to begin with. She has had her days where she wasn't annoying at all but most of the time she is. She either closes your locker while you are still in it, steals your lunch, hides purses, kicks your purse across the hall, etc. I've been mad at her countless times but I've never made a big deal about it. :rolleyes:

Karen
01-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Why not write her a note, instead, explaining to her your side of the issue? It couldn't hurt at this point. Other than that effort, I'd just ignore her.

BC_MoM
01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
If you've got nothing to apologize for, don't. Just ignore her (which I know, from experiencing being bullied for 3 years, is hard) and hopefully she will eventually realize that SHE was wrong, apologize and clean up her act.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-25-2008, 06:11 AM
Ignore her - in fact pretend she isn't even there. What you can't see or hear won't hurt you ;)

Medusa
01-25-2008, 07:26 AM
If you weren't really friends w/her anyhow, as you say, then completely and totally ignore her. That drives people like her NUTS! If you have that win/lose mentality, you automatically lose. Treat her as though she does not exist because, in your eyes, she doesn't. What you give your attention to, grows. What you ignore, dies from lack of attention. This situation will die out if you dare to let it.

sumbirdy
01-25-2008, 03:22 PM
If you weren't really friends w/her anyhow, as you say, then completely and totally ignore her. That drives people like her NUTS! If you have that win/lose mentality, you automatically lose. Treat her as though she does not exist because, in your eyes, she doesn't. What you give your attention to, grows. What you ignore, dies from lack of attention. This situation will die out if you dare to let it.

Agreed.

moosmom
01-25-2008, 04:22 PM
BC Mom,

You're right, if you didn't do anything wrong, you have no reason to apologize. I say ignore her. You know who your friends are. They'll stick by you. I certainly wouldn't apologize for something I didn't do.

Chilli
01-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow, this girl seems very immature. Definitely don't fuel her behavior by letting he know it gets under you skin(even in the slightest). I haven't been bullied, so I am unable to speak out of experience, but I suppose a good way to go about this is to do as others have suggested. If anything, don't get mad at her. Fighting fire with fire is a bit redundant. When she tries to get at you, just smile. :)

Good luck.