PDA

View Full Version : Spooky?? -or- Dreaming???

NoahsMommy
01-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Kim's Spiritual Thread got me thinking about the spiritual encounters I've had in my life, in the past and lately. One has me totally spooked and leaves me wondering if I'm dreaming??

At night, at least once a week, after I've shut the lights off and am laying there, almost asleep, I'll feel like a cat or something, is walking on my bed. I KNOW this to be impossible, because my parents forbid this and haven't had my kitties on my bed in a year! Last night I was sitting/half laying down reading when I felt the same sensation and was able to LOOK at my bed (lights were ON, I was AWAKE) and I saw nothing. Each time I'd look, it would stop, each time I'd look away, I'd feel it again!! Kinda wierd. If this was the ONLY thing, I would almost think it was Olivia or maybe kitty angels were visiting with me. (my very best times with my furballs are in bed with them)

There is something else, NOT very pleasant and I honestly don't know if real or imagined in dreams. I've awaken at least two or three times to the sensation of someone shaking me - holding onto my shoulders and giving me a thorough shaking! It scares me so much (in my dream or real life???) that I scream myself awake/alert (??) and pray to God to stop whatever is shaking me. Each time I pray for God to help, it stops IMMEDIATELY!! One time, I felt as though I was being dragged (drug?) accross the bed towards the window!

It has scared me so much I've lain awake for HOURS after! The shaking/dragging ALWAYS happens after I feel the "walking on the bed" sensation, maybe a bit earlier or right before. Last night I silently prayed and it went away! Last night I was fully awake...

Isn't that wierd? What do you make of it? Any experts here at PT??

Anyone else felt/experienced things like this??

I do know the hills we live in used to have a lot of Native Americans living here. Not sure if exactly where the houses are, but very close. I've heard that in another area close by, people have lots and lots of wierd haunting stories because a large part of the houses were built on what was/is an old Native American Indian burrial ground. :(

AmberLee
01-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Hmmm, I've only experienced the happier cat-walking-on-bed feel. Several times I thought my cat or cats were on the bed with me and ehen I've woken more thoroughly realized that both cats were in view NOT on the bed. Every time I've greeted my Rainbow Bridge love bug, Sassafras Root "Sassy", and the feeling's gone away.

I find it reassuring. Don't think I'd like the shaking thing at ALL. :eek:

Laura's Babies
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Sylvia Brown would say you were having a out of body experience.. I forget the name she calls it. That means it is actually YOU. Your spirit has been out of your body and flown around and was trying to get back in. I think you are suppose to ask (before you go to sleep) God to give you a smoother entrance back in after you have left your body. Here is just a random thing I found when I typed in living/outofbody/experience
http://healing.about.com/cs/spirituality/a/obe.htm

This guy believes we all do it every night..
http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa110501a.htm

I have told the story here before of feeling someone tucking me in one night when I was living with and taking care of a friend of mine, who's friend had died and left her his house. We moved in to take care of his cat Jenny, who slept with me every night. I thought it was Mary tucking me in and opened my eyes to tell her "Thanks" and there was no one there... but the covers were still tucked in!

Several days later I mentioned to to her what I had felt and she told me she had the same thing happen to her and she thought it was me.

Medusa
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
out of body experience.. I forget the name she calls it.
It's called astral projection.

sumbirdy
01-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Wow, that is freaky. When I was real young I saw an Indian woman walk through our hallway while I was lying in bed. But I didn't feel scared at all.
About three years ago my lab, Buck died at the old age of 15, me and him were inseperable (sp?) I had him since I was a month old and he was 3 months, and I still sometimes see him sleeping beside my bed or I'll wake up to the feel of something shoving its nose under my elbow. But there would be nothing there. I knew it was Buck because he used to do that all the time.

I wouldn't like to be shaken either. :eek: And Laura's Babies she said she was AWAKE one of the times it happened, so how could it have been her when she was awake?

kitten645
01-23-2008, 09:54 PM
I completely believe in this kind of thing. When I was very little..like seven or so, I remember sleeping on my stomach and feeling this hand on my back. I wasn't afraid and I just KNEW it was my grandmother..who died when MY mom was three so we never met. I just knew it. I turned and no one was there.
I do think that kids are much more in tune with this sort of spritual world. I think it explains alot of "imaginary" friends.
The shaking would worry me that I was being warned of something. :eek: Maybe if you know to expect it you might put the thought in your mind to "see" what it means..beyond the fear.
I love this kind of stuff :p

buttercup132
01-23-2008, 10:08 PM
That's scary, I actually got scared and looked around my room while reading your post. I can't imagine going through it.
Sometimes in my sleep I get the feeling like I'm falling off a cliff or on a rollercoaster going down a steep hill really fast. Nothing scary though.
I think I would be afraid to ever go back to sleep.

Laura's Babies
01-24-2008, 08:22 AM
sumbirdy-Laura's Babies she said she was AWAKE one of the times it happened, so how could it have been her when she was awake?

I wasn't leaving my body, it was the deceased owner of the house that came to look in on me and my friend who she knew had been sick and almost died herself. I found it to be a very sweet, spiritual thing for the man (Mr. Smith) to do from the other side. He had left Mary his house to make sure his cat Jenny had her home to live in and I adored Jenny. I felt he was giving us approval for living in his house, taking care of his beautiful Jenny.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure I'd like the shaking part....

I remember shortly after my Grandad died I was at the kitchen sink washing up when he walked past the kitchen door. I have always thought that he was coming back to check I was okay before making the rest of his journey ;)

shais_mom
01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
well its quite possible that it was Olivia visiting you knowing that you don't have your kitties here with you and that you miss you.

as for the other thing
maybe it is a spirit telling you you NEED to leave that house!