View Full Version : Remember this little guy? *6 pics* then & now

kittycats_delight
01-23-2008, 07:15 AM
I think the majority of you guys remember the puppies I helped deliver before Christmas. My neighbor purposely breed their collie. She had 4 pups and only one survived. Well just to show you his progress here are some pics.

He is about 6 weeks old now.

Here are the before pics from when he was just a wee one.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/Millen--Puppy-2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/millen--puppy.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/puppy-3-4-days-old.jpg

and here he is now.
With his mamma
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/6-weeks-with-mom.jpg

Sitting on the step oh so innocently.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/6-weeks.jpg

Just finished having a drink from the big doggie bowl.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/PTCRAZY/6-weeks-in-the-sun.jpg

He goes up and down the stairs by himself now and eats whatever mommy is eating. He is still nursing as well but not as much. He likes the 'big puppy' food.

pitc9
01-23-2008, 07:40 AM
Oh what a CUTIE!! :eek:
Thanks for the update!
Of course I remember.... that little guy is alive because of you!!

WELOVESPUPPIES
01-23-2008, 07:41 AM
He is so cute. I am glad to see that he is doing so well and growing up to be a beautiful little guy. Are your neighbors keeping him? Have they had their female spayed yet? I am sure they learned why every dog should not be breed after the unfortunate passing of the other three. I am so glad you shared these pictures with us. Please, when you see this little sweetheart give him some lovin from me.

kittycats_delight
01-23-2008, 07:57 AM
The neighbors are still not sure if they will keep him. They really want to but don't know if it is possible financially. They are completely in love with him and call him their little miracle puppy. The sons girlfriend may take him if they decide they cannot afford to keep him. I think this is a plan between the son & his girlfriend as they may be getting themselves a place soon seeing she is finished university and is now working. Either way he is not going anywhere for atleast another 6 weeks. He has been to the vet and was dewormed and goes back in 10 days to get his second dewormer and his first shots. I am quite surprised at how they are on the ball healthwise for this little guy.

Millan is not spayed yet. They are waiting until the puppy is completely weened. They were thinking in about 1 month. It is extremely costly here so they have been saving to have it done. It is going to cost them about €450-€500. :eek: Which is absolutely crazy IMHO.

I will try to give any lovin I can to the little phart but he seems more likely to chew on me than lick me. hehehe He is a rough little tyke. I have to try to get a video of him playing. You just have to hear the little snarls and growls. It is too funny. Anyway, I will keep you updated as I find out more.

Thanks guys.
Michelle

Reachoutrescue
01-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Oh, he is too cute! He resembles his mama a bit! He needs a name though. Have they named him yet? I hope he goes to a really good home. I bet mama will feel better once she is done nursing and is spayed. Thank you for the update.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-23-2008, 10:15 AM
He is adorable :D

Ginger's Mom
01-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh, he is precious. :D And he really does look like he is all boy. I am so glad to hear that they have at least learned something from this experience, maybe they can help to educate others.

beeniesmom
01-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow, 500 euro.... that's about 750 US dollars.
I wish they'd lower the price for these kinds of services in Italy.
That is why when I lived there we never spayed Deedee, Shelly or Ciccia.

That Collie pup is adorable! Momma is gorgeous too.
carmen

Freedom
01-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh my gosh, MOM Is beautiful! I don't remember if we saw her before or not. What a lovely rough coat collie!

And nameless puppy looks like a lighter coloring. So funny, "drank from the big dog bowl" LOL

Thanks for updating us, we all lived through that via PT with you!

cyber-sibes
01-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Yes, I remember - what a nightmare that turned into. They should still be thanking their lucky stars that you were there to help.
He is adorable! what a cute little guy, and he looks healthy, too.
That seems like a lot of money for spaying - is that the normal rate?

CountryWolf07
01-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Aw!! =)

Grace
01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I do remember. He is adorable, and mom is gorgeous.

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-23-2008, 06:58 PM
He's adorable! I love Collies. :)

loveallfurryfriends
01-23-2008, 07:38 PM
What a cutie pie :)

kittycats_delight
01-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Awwwww Little Luscio (sp?) says thanks. :D He is a little terror and a very happy little terror at that. hehehehe

Pat that is a normal rate here. I just had my Vega (kitty) spayed (they don't do full spays here on cats unless they deem it necessary (ie: cystic uterus).) and it cost with the ENPA (like ASPCA) discount €100 not including pain meds. We paid an additional €30 for pain meds. So with the discount it ended up costing us €130 which is about $190 for a PARTIAL spay.

They gave us an estimate on Artica who is 22kg and she will cost between €300 and €350 euro which is about $440 - $510 without pain meds. And believe it or not that is with her ENPA discount. This is a big reason why people do not alter their pets here. They cannot afford to do so. They charge so much for services it is unreal.

I really think they need to make a change of some sort. They should be wanting people to alter their pets. More alters means more money no? But as long as the prices stay as high as they are now then people are not going to be able to do it. The cost of a medium size dog like Artica is about half of most people's salary in a month and people just cannot do that. It is aweful.

Anyway, enough of me complaining.

Thanks again you guys. Luscio sends little puppy nibbles. :p

Michelle

krazyaboutkatz
01-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Yes, I remember the story about the puppies. He sure is adorable and I'm glad that he's healthy and doing well.:) I can't believe how expensive it is to spay or neuter your pets. If it was like that here we'd have an even bigger over population problem.:eek: