PDA

View Full Version : Kirby (ex-Woody) Uppity dates

K9karen
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
I had to start a new thread..the other is so long. This is a new start for Woody so I started a new thread to boot.

John and I expected the Woodster at 745p so on a whim, I checked the tracking at 6p and they said he was in Phila :eek: Thankfully I had food, water, blankies, leash ready, so John and I flew out of the house, no lights on, coats over arms and raced to the airport. We left without cameras, sorry, but relied on our new camera phones.

I want to thank Phred for all his hard work. I apologize...we did look at his wonderful directions, but our printer is broken, but My John read them and, thanks to a great memory, said he could find the "spot" Your directions were right on, Phred, and we are very appreciative.

AA employees were petting Woody through the bars (he was on his back). All smiles. John and I fed him a little and I walked him. He sat on my lap on the way home and fell asleep.

Sorry this is late..by the time we got home, played with him, took pictures (will be downloaded tonight or tomorrow..we are pooped) and spent time with the VERY annoyed Princess Klo..time has flown. John and I have had headaches all day..mine from excitement for sure, but are now OK, knowing Woody is fine.

Woody is officially up for RANSOM!!!!!! Sorry Jenn. Good luck getting the little nipper! :p Woody is asleep in John's caring arms while I type. He initiated my dining room rug when I wasn't looking and also the Big Bed, where I put him for a split second while I opened the door to his crate. (blankets etc now being washed). Woody would have NOTHING to do with his crate while we were up and about, so I took him back out for his 10th pee and now he's out like a light.

So please be patient for photos..just know the little pumpkin love is sweet, adorable, no worse for wear. His ears are amazing. I'm full of puppy teethie chomps..who cares? He is a living angel. I'm just glad I could do this. Puppy fever had biten me

I love you guys

AdoreMyDogs
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
You have no idea how happy this makes me, Karen :) Yes those little puppy chompers are quite something, arent' they? That's why Little Miss Quinn and Mister Woody were never allowed to play together :)

I'm sorry about your rug and VERY sorry about the bed, bad Woody hehe. He only peed 3 or 4 times in the house, don't remember, but it wasn't a lot. We have tile thoughout the house so it wasn't too much of a hassle, but he seemed to do his potties after he just came in from going out to potty hehe.

Yay Woody! Sleep well tonight, hun. I love and miss you, baby boy.

molucass
01-22-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm so excited that Woody has finally made it to Philly!
He is such an adorable little pup and I can't wait to see the new pictures!

Give Little Woody some kisses from me!

Reachoutrescue
01-22-2008, 11:20 PM
I am so happy that Woody is safe at Karen's house now. Poor guy must be so pooped from his very hectic day! It sounds like he is adjusting well though. I so can't wait for pictures!!!

shais_mom
01-22-2008, 11:37 PM
such a big day for a little guy!
glad to hear he's settling in fine! :D

Giselle
01-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Aww, that post brightened my day! :) We'll be eagerly waiting for pictures of the little guy!

krazyaboutkatz
01-23-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm so glad that he's settling into your home but I'm sorry to hear that he had a few accidents.:( Maybe you can housebreak him before Jenn comes to pick him up.:) I also look forward to seeing many pictures of him. I think he's becoming PT's Sweetheart just in time for Valentine's Day.:)

captain
01-23-2008, 01:11 AM
All I can say is

"Good Luck Jen" :-)
with trying to get YOUR Woody :-)

Karen and John, and the devine Miss K-Lo - thank you so much for doing this. I am across the miles, and I have loved reading every minute of this adventure.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Great start to my day!!!

Pam
01-23-2008, 05:05 AM
Just woke up and flew out of bed to see how everything turned out and if there were pictures. Karen, bless your heart. I know you had to be *dog tired* hehe! from the excitement and with a headache to boot. We will be patient. :)

Woody is officially up for RANSOM!!!!!!

HaHa! I just knew the minute you smelled his puppy breath it would be hard letting the little fella go! Oh those eyes! Oh those ears! :) Lotsa luck Jenn! :D

I love you guys

And we love you too my friend. :)

Big thanks to Phred, Leslie, Jenn, Karen and John for putting this all together. You guys are just the greatest!! :cool: (((hugs))) to Ms Klo. No, sweetie, he is not staying. You will have your throne back soon! :D

Rachel
01-23-2008, 05:24 AM
Karen, I will have to admit I was nervous for you making that trip to the airport and then having to make it on the fly couldn't have helped. I was also nervous for Woody, having heard some horror stories with animals flying and then our artic like weather didn't help my worries. Glad those worries were for naught and all is well.

Karen, I have a feeling this is a *test run* for you. Good you are getting a speed course of Puppy Rearing 101. Peeing on the Big Bed :eek: - oh, how well I remember that!!! Maybe Woody can throw in a few more Nawtee Dawg tricks before he leaves.

kimlovescats
01-23-2008, 05:39 AM
This is so exciting! It reminds me of how excited Dr. Goodnow (Kym) and I were when my foster cat Jupiter was transported to her, and that was just a long car ride! ;)

Can't wait to see new pictures of little Woody! Great job to everyone who made this happen! PT people are the best!

Kim

clara4457
01-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I haven't posted, but I've been following the "Woody saga" for a while. I'm so happy that through all the turmoil, he is now almost home. I have to tell you how impressed I am with all the effort and dedication shown to this sweet pup.

Kudos to all and looking forward to pics!!!

Clara

pitc9
01-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Yipppe!!
~doing the *happy that the puppy is in PA* dance!!!!

I couldn't be near a computer last night so I want to give a BIG thanks to Phred and Jenn for calling me last night and keeping me posted.

Karen, I'm so happy you have Woody with you finally!!

WELOVESPUPPIES
01-23-2008, 07:45 AM
yay Woody arrived safely!! So glad to here it. He was probably so relieved to be around loving people and out of that kennel. Please give him some belly rubs for me.

anna_66
01-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Karen, you know your an angel don't youhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/333.gif

Thank you, John and Princess Klo for being a rest stop in Woody's trip to his new home.

I'll be waiting patiently for the pictures and I hope there are no more accidents...lol.

4 Dog Mother
01-23-2008, 08:27 AM
So glad to hear that Woody has arrived safely in Karen's arms. I don't think I could have fostered him for a week. I would never have been able to let him go. Jenn, exactly how badly did you want that baby? Don't believe anything Karen tells you about he ran away or is lost or something. I am so glad this is ending so wonderfully! What a great place Pet Talk is - and what great people Pet Talkers are!

Freedom
01-23-2008, 09:22 AM
I think he's becoming PT's Sweetheart just in time for Valentine's Day.:)

Well put!!! Thank you everyone for your dedication and determination in making this happen. Karen, please give that wiggly puppy a few hugs and snuggles from RI.

lizbud
01-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow, the little guy made his long flight just fine. :) I can't wait to see
more pictures of Woody. Karen, I know how you feel, I wouldn't be able
to let that little fella go after seeing him in person. :)

cassiesmom
01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I think he's becoming PT's Sweetheart just in time for Valentine's Day.:)

And how!

Thank you adoremydogs, k9karen, cinder and smoke, jenn librarian! You are wonderful!

Karen
01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I was so glad to read that he is safely arrived in PA! Now Karen, tell KLo it is okay, this little runt is just a visitor, Mama still loves her best!

Rachel
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
As I have followed these threads the *it takes a village* phrase keeps coming to mind. It surely has taken many wonderful residents of the Pet Talk Village to rescue and send Woody on his way to his forever home. To each and every one of you who contributed in ways large and small - God bless.

Logan
01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Darn this computer and its problem with Pet Talk!!!! :mad:

I'm proud of you, Karen, for making this happen. When I read that you and John were coming to the rescue, I cheered!!! :D

It will be interesting to see if you can let the little fellow go to his new mom without a fight! :)

Hugs to my friends in Pennsylvania, especially Miss KLo, who has been dethroned.

Logan

Daisy and Delilah
01-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Jennie, if you need help getting Woody, give me a call ;) Just one problem, then you would have to get him away from me ;) ;) ;)

I love that little guy. He looks like such a little sweetheart. :D
Karen, Please give him some extra kisses from me.

jennielynn1970
01-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Karen only lives about 45 minutes from me.... so I think it will be easier to get to him now! I'm hoping Karen will be home on Saturday so I can go pick him up!!!

cassiesmom
01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Jennie, if you need help getting Woody, give me a call ;) Just one problem, then you would have to get him away from me ;) ;) ;)

I love that little guy. He looks like such a little sweetheart. :D
Karen, Please give him some extra kisses from me.

Terry, if you need help getting Woody, give me a buzz ... then Jennie would have to get him away from you AND me! Seriously, he's such a cutie I could just give him hugs for hours on end.

Rachel
01-23-2008, 07:06 PM
KAREN....no fair playing with Woody and not letting us share in some of the action. Where are those pictures???

K9karen
01-23-2008, 08:14 PM
http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/0122081916_a.jpg
John picking up Woody from baggage claim

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/0122081921_a.jpg
Woody out of crate into my arms! Yay!

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/0122081930_a.jpg
Thumbs Up! Woody's hungry and thirsty!

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/p1010009a.jpg
First meeting at home in backyard..Woody being a typical male!

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/p1010014a.jpg
Kisses from Auntie Karen..nip from the Woodster!

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/p1010020a.jpg
Gotta love them ears!

HOLD ON! MORE IN NEXT 2 POSTS!

K9karen
01-23-2008, 08:22 PM
http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/p1010022a.jpg
Oops! Woody stole Princess Klo's stuffies!

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/p1010025a.jpg

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/p1010028a.jpg
No lightweight!

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01190a.jpg
Chowing down!

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01192a.jpg

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01194a.jpg
Checking out a blowing leaf at the fence!

MORE TO COME!

CountryWolf07
01-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! :)

K9karen
01-23-2008, 08:29 PM
http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01205a.jpg
Uh Oh!..Munchin' on Logan's toys! The nerve!

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01209a.jpg
What's on the calendar for today Aunt Karen?

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01211a.jpg
Checking out my junk mail (on John's lap)

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01213a.jpg
Chillin' in the cool grass

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01218a.jpg
"Sniff Sniff"

http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01220a.jpg
"Somethin' Smells Yummy!"

THAT'S IT FOR TODAY, FOLKS!

anna_66
01-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh Karen it's no wonder your in LOVE! He's got a gorgeous face. Your really going to miss this cutie when he's gone!

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful pictures!!!!

captain
01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
OhMyGollyGoodness!!!
Karen, what a darlin!!!

Doesn't look like the long flight took anything out of him, does it? :-)

I see K-Lo is sharing her toys ....... :-) - even if that was not her intention :confused: :D

Beautiful pics.
Darlin Boy
{{{{hugs to you both}}}

Michelle

critter crazy
01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
OMG!! He is just way too cute!!!!!:eek:

slick
01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Big time LES over here! I'd like to say welcome home but I know that there is another short journey for you little Woody! It's been quite an adventure for you little one.

Karen, I can only imagine how hard it's going to be for you but at least we know that Woody's destination is a loving home where he'll never have to move again.

...and to think that all this could not have happened if it not for the love and concern by PTers. All of you are angels in disguise and can make miracles happen.

Kisses to you Woodster....all the way from KA-NA-DA. :)

jennielynn1970
01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Oh my god!!!!! YAY!!!! Pictures!!!!

He looks like he's having a ball there! Karen, you and John don't look too unhappy either, lol!

Oh my gosh... I cannot wait to pick him up!!

My student that I'm doing homebound work with wants to come with me, lol. Her mom actually volunteered her, not that Ashley said no! :p We've been talking animal rescue, and she wants to start volunteering at the animal shelter close to her house :D I may not be great at teaching Algebra 1 (the other subjects are cake), but I'm good at getting kids into animal rescue, lol.

Pam
01-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh Karen these pictures were worth waiting for!! Woody is such a handsome widdle guy! He seems oblivious to the fact that the temp in Pennsylvania is quite a bit different than what he left in Texas! :) I love the picture of him meeting Mz Klo with the official complimentary *how do you do* butt sniff. Brings back memories of the day I brought Ripley home. :D I can't wait to see more and will be getting reading for LES when he meets Jenn on Saturday.

krazyaboutkatz
01-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Great pictures.:) He sure is a happy little guy and very cute too.:) Karen, I think you just might have to adopt a puppy after all of this is over.;)

AdoreMyDogs
01-24-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm a sobbing mess here. I miss my baby boy so much. I knew I missed him, but I didn't break down until I saw his pictures. Please give him a hug and a kiss for me. Tell him that I love him and I'll never forget him.

Thank you SO much for the photos. It's nice to see that he's still his happy self and that the airplane trip didn't change him into a different dog.

Oh, and I'll have you know, when he was first picked up off the street he was slightly underweight and it didn't take long for him to plump up into a little butter ball :) He looks wonderful, you look wonderful, John looks wonderful, Princess Klo looks ticked off but hey, I don't blame her, he's a chewie machine!

gini
01-24-2008, 01:01 AM
I just returned home after being out with friends for dinner, and I came right into the computer - jumped on Pet Talk and went looking to see if there were any updates on Woody.

I think ALL of us are totally smitten with Woody. How could you not be?

I guess I am just jealous that Leslie, Karen, John and Jenn all have hands on petting and scritching that we can't enjoy.

He is one adorable pup and this is just another of our Pet Talk joyous stories.

Phred, great job on complimenting the customer service gal at AA. She deserves it. If anything had happened to this little guy there would have been hell to pay from all of us Pet Talkers!

3muttsandaboston
01-24-2008, 01:06 AM
omg what a cutie. I just read his story and I am amazed. If I had that cute little guy in my arms there is no way anyone could pry him away. :eek: lol

shais_mom
01-24-2008, 01:22 AM
aawww I'm so happy to see his pics!
He looks none worse for wear!
Thanks Karen for swooping in! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
01-24-2008, 03:39 AM
Had to come here before doing anything else today!!!

Oh Woody!!! what can I say????? You are so adorable and I am glad to see that the flight didn't seem to bother you.

Ask Aunt Karen to tickle those ears from me

kimlovescats
01-24-2008, 06:40 AM
What a precious little guy! You and John look pretty smitten with him already and I think you two are the best for helping him along his journey! I can't wait until he's completely home! It sure looks like he's a 'happy go lucky' little guy and will adjust very well!
:)

pitc9
01-24-2008, 07:19 AM
OMG.... it's SO easy to see why you miss him so much Leslie... he's the cutest little thing! Oh those EARS! I Love them!!

Karen, you, John and the princess are angles for stepping in and taking care of him until he gets to Jenn!!

loveallfurryfriends
01-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Woody, you are as cute as a button! All of you are angels!!!

Rachel
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm a sobbing mess here. I miss my baby boy so much. I knew I missed him, but I didn't break down until I saw his pictures. Please give him a hug and a kiss for me. Tell him that I love him and I'll never forget him.

(((HUGS))) for you, Leslie. This post makes the sad part of this process so evident. Even in doing what is best for everyone, the place Woody has won in your heart has been bruised and wounded. I feel that pain.

Karen, the pictures are wonderful. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Where is your SNOW!!! Geez, I'll have to send you some. And ha, ha, after 7 years, I even got to peek a bit into your house. It took Mr. Woody to do that. (I like the dining room furniture).

Oh, are you going to have a ball the next couple of days. I'm thinking even the Princess will decide that having a buddy is pretty cool, unless she turns out to be an Extreme Princess like one I could name. Then she will merely *accept* the adoration from her housemate. And you, my dear, I see the *second dog* written all over your face.

pitc9
01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
I came back to look at the pictures again and found myself singing:

Do your ears hang low do they wobble to and fro,
can you tie them in a knot can you tie them in a bow...
:D

Pawsitive Thinking
01-24-2008, 09:27 AM

ROFLMAO :D

AdoreMyDogs
01-24-2008, 09:35 AM

That's so cute! I sang him that song all the time haha! I sing to my animals and my baby ALL the time, and that was, without a doubt, Woody's song! Hehe. So cute!

4 Dog Mother
01-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Wow, what a cutie! He is just so sweet looking. Karen, you and John are going to have a tough job this weekend - giving that Woody to Jenn may be almost impossible. As many have said, it is just amazing how many PTers helped make this happen. What a great place PT is to be! I love this picture of him
http://k9karen.tafasite.org/logan/22jan08/dsc01192a.jpg

molucass
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Awww! He looks so happy! :)

Woody is absolutely adorable.

WELOVESPUPPIES
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi Woody!!! Your are so darn cute, but you already know that don't cha? I could come steal you and bring you back to my house. I think Chopper would love to play with those long ears, heck so would I. Please give this little handsome man lots of snuggly kisses from me.

cyber-sibes
01-24-2008, 03:26 PM
:D :D :D Aw, those pictures put the biggest smile on my face! What a cutie! Enjoy him while you can - Jenn will surely bring that crowbar along with her! ;)

jazzcat
01-24-2008, 04:07 PM
I had been following this story and missed the past few days. Am I surprised to see he is in PA with you guys! How neat!

He's a doll for sure and I'm so glad this has worked out.

gemini9961
01-24-2008, 05:01 PM
I have been following this thread from the beginning and I just want to say thank you to all who have helped little Woody. He surely deserves it. He is the cutest little guy.

Rachel
01-24-2008, 05:04 PM

Oh my, I had almost forgotten that song. From now on I will surely think of it when I see Woody. I too had to come back to look at the pictures again.

Alysser
01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
I read the thread about Woody. Another great PT story. WOODY IS THE FREAKIN' Most adorable thing! Karen can I come visit you and Woody? lol he's so cute! Those ears!! :) :)

K9karen
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
WHEW! This old gray mare ain't what she used to be!

I completely forgot what stamina a puppy has (and I don't! :p )

I took more pix today but have had no time to upload them..sorry. The Woodster is one widdle nipper. So I gave him a rawhide bone, knowing he can't make a dent in it (don't worry) but that it'll help his teething. He loves it..it did the trick and knocks him out. He also stole Logan's favorite toys as well as emptied out her toybox. Logan gingerly grabbed back her favorite toy and then it was tug of war. She finally took it and hid it!!! She's been quiet, on the big bed for 2 days, plays a bit with Woody, not interested, but annoyed. She gets the K9Patience Award.

When I'm in the kitchen, I leash him to the table leg. When I leave his sight for 1 second, it's "Aroooo!!!!" He LOVES falling asleep in arms, head dangling over the crook of an elbow with big floppy ears hanging down. The first night and 1/2 next day, there were "hidden" poopies..he loves corners and under chairs, and lots of wet spots, despite my eagle eye. I started taking him out after playing or sleeping and he only dribbled once tonight. He gets a treat after coming back in and I think he'll be pretty easy to train. He likes under bushes or in leaves to poop. He's free to run with Logan (and me) outside during the day. At night, he's leashed, which he now HATE (sorry Jenn) and tries to bite. I discovered a loud hand clap and NO stops him from nibbling on my now punctured fingers, then he runs around in figure 8's and Arroos at me!! He has a great personality.

Jenn will see my disasterous house! But..Woody's more important and 4 walls will be there when he leaves.

He went right into his crate tonight. He naps during the day, and I keep him up late with me so he sleeps all night. He's tuckered out. (so am I!)

A few of you know that I had the chance to get a puppy from my step-nephew in 2 weeks. Uhhh...sorry to disappoint...the answer is now no. I can't physically. John and my brother are all too happy to play with Woody but I take him out, feed him, etc. They won't take on the teamwork of helping me with a permanent new dog (puppy). The meanies. Anyway, I sure will miss the little bugger. I know he'll have a happy life with Jenn and her kitties.

Emeraldgreen
01-24-2008, 11:53 PM
then he runs around in figure 8's and Arroos at me!!

LOL!! :) I can only imagine how hard it must be trying to have a serious 'talk' with him while he breaks into his comedy routine! Must be difficult to keep a straight face.
Perhaps we should nickname him the ROOster!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Jenn will see my disasterous house! But..Woody's more important and 4 walls will be there when he leaves. you hope!

The PT approach to interior design :D My house is the same.... Thank you for what you are doing for that dear little guy

Pam
01-25-2008, 05:42 AM
A few of you know that I had the chance to get a puppy from my step-nephew in 2 weeks. Uhhh...sorry to disappoint...the answer is now no.

There is nothing like some *on the job training* :p to realize that you are not cut out for a job! :D Karen, I think this whole episode, aside from being just pure joy to follow, was a great help to you in making your decision. I know all about the *old grey mare* situation as I am one too! LOL! You also got a chance to see Klo's reaction to a second pupper. Should you get another dog I know you will give it lots of thought but my crystal ball is not seeing one in your immediate future. ;)

Rachel
01-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Yes, puppies can teach us many lessons in life and I think Woody came with one at just the right time. It also seems like KLo likes being the sole object of her mother's attention.

As for the nipping part, when he does that try yelping loudly yourself. That will work wonders with some dogs. Otherwise respond *no bite* and immidiately stop interacting with him.

Can't wait to see more pictures.

pitc9
01-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Karen, just reading your post made me tired!

I was *awwing* out loud when you said how he love to fall asleep in your arms. Omg.. how sweet is that?!?

I agree, Logan in deed gets the K9Patience award! And you... hell, you get all kinds of awards!!

bckrazy
01-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Woody is PAINFULLY adorableee!

Gosh, you are lucky, Karen! It sounds like Woody is a lot of work... but he is unbelievably cute, which cancels that out. C:

It's awesome that everyone helped out to get Woody a forever home. He is a very special, very loved little pup.

ramanth
01-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Glad Woody made it safely to PA! He's so adorable. :D

K9karen
01-25-2008, 10:44 PM
A quick (yeah, right) update before Woody gets his new mom tomorrow.

No poop accidents all day. One weedle accident, my fault for not reacting fast enough to his "AROOOO!". When he's in the kitchen with me, he faces the back door and tells me in no uncertain terms that he has to go. It's taken a million tries, but I think he has it down pretty good. I've made great mileage running in and out! :D

Woo! Woo! from me!!! Klo and the Woodster played tag outside today. Everytime Klo ran after him, she'd glance at me for a "good girl". They really had tons of fun and I had 2 very exhausted pupsters.

Logan's only problem is her toys. Regardless of whether she's had them 4 years and haven't touched some, doesn't matter. If Woody grabs one, she grabs it back. Once, Woody grabbed it back and almost bit Logan on her nose. Logan's face was so funny. She was so shocked and laid next to me. In fact, she's more affectionate than ever, in all these years. Tonight, Logan is on her bed with 5 stuffies!!!! Otherwise, she's doing better, but definitely a one dog/dog.

A clap, "ouch" works with Woody for a second but I think he's getting the point. He's a widdle nipster. He's fearless, I swear. Nothing bothers or scares him.

Jenn will be here around 1130a-12n tomorrow. It's gonna be hard to let the bugger go. A lot of work, but so worth it. He's too cute for words. This has been a great experience.

Rachel
01-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Thank you for the update, Karen. I hope Jenn can keep up with all the attention for Woody that he has been getting from Leslie and you. He certainly has had his share of socialization with other dogs which is an important part of his development. I would thinking that there will be a sigh of relief when you mission is over, yet even in these few days, Woody will have found a spot in your heart too.

finn's mom
01-26-2008, 08:12 AM
I am so excited to see him in his forever home. :) It has been a great experience for all of us here at Pet Talk to watch Woody's journey. I think people are amazing, and this entire thing just proves it. :) Thanks for taking care of Woody on this leg of he trip. :)

Freedom
01-26-2008, 08:23 AM
What a cutie! Oh my, I can't imagine having a puppy in the house at this point in my life, either. What is he going to think about a house with cats? Loved the photos!

AdoreMyDogs
01-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Almost there, Woody! I know you'll just love your new momma, and I hope she loves you back just as much! Karen, I hope Woody wasn't too much of a homewrecker for ya. He never actually pooped at my house, but he peed a few times. I feel bad that he kept you so busy, but just hope and pray that you enjoyed yourself despite having to keep up with a busy puppy.

I hope we have pictures of the happy reunion!

gini
01-26-2008, 10:45 AM
I can hardly wait for Woody to meet his new Mommy, Karen, what you have done is just wonderful. It has been so nice for all of us who have been following Woody's adventure to know that he was safe with you for a few days.

Sorry he turned you off on having a puppy of your own - even though it is completely understandable.

lizbud
01-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Sorry he turned you off on having a puppy of your own - even though it is completely understandable.

There's always an older pup (3-4mos) to consider instead of a puppy.
They have much better attention spans. Just a thought Karen, :D

I can't wait for word that he's home at Jenns house. (more pictures) :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
:confused:

Where's Our WOODY ???

It's been 5 Hours since his Mom was to pick him up ...

Can we have a Progress Report?

How goes the KAT Intros?

jennielynn1970
01-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Quick update from me! I picked Woody up this afternoon, and meeting Karen was fantastic! Got to meet Ms. Logan, although she wasn't too thrilled, lol. I think she just wanted the puppster gone ;)

John helped me get the crate in the back of my car, but on the way home I ended up stopping and moving Woody up front because he was not happy being relegated to the back seat. He calmed down after a bit and it was a quiet ride home.

Gotta say that the immediate introduction Woody got was to Zachariah, because Zach was waiting at the door for me (as usual). Zach is a chubber of a cat, but man, seeing him all puffed up was a treat! He's one big boy when he does the Halloween pose!

Woody has met a bunch of the cats, got smacked by Zach twice (meanie cat!), but I think the most amazing intro was with Calloway. I was so worried about how Calloway would respond, and I wish I had my camera, but right now, Woody is lying next to me on the sofa, and Calloway is on the top back of the sofa, right behind me and Woody! I thought for sure Cal would freak out or be super scared, but he's not. Woody sniffed at him, and Cal didn't even hiss!! :eek: Fluff hissed at him too, but he ran to the back room on the 2nd floor and has been relaxing there.

Furbee is sleeping on the kitchen countertop, Finae is on top the entertainment unit at the moment, Boris is on top of the fridge (she's ALWAYS there, so nothing unusual), and Jorgie is sleeping on the ottoman watching the pup! I can't believe they are really this calm! I'm sure they are not pleased, but they are definitely acting a whole lot better than I had expected! :D Sophie and Honeybun are in hiding here somewhere, lol.

Woody did get a bath as soon as we got home. I bought some puppy shampoo with jojoba oil and stuff in it, and he seems to be scratching less. I think his skin was really dry. He whined while being washed, but behaved a whole lot better than the cats would have! I dried him off with the diffuser attachment on my hairdryer on a low setting, and he tolerated that as well.

We've gone for 2 walks so far. He's done really really well. Although the second walk I forgot a baggie, and he pooped on the sidewalk! :o :o I grabbed a baggie that was around a newspaper on the curb and used that. Gosh, I can't believe I forgot it, but I was wearing a different coat from the first walk. I think I missed the cue "I gotta go pee! NOW!! when he sat at the door, because 2 mins. later he peed on his new doggie bed. Sigh. Oh well, that cover is now in the laundry, and we went for a 2nd long walk! He's such a smart little guy! The fact that he already learned from Karen about sitting at the door to go out!

He's been playing with his toys, and I have to say, I bought almost every puppy teething toy I could find at PetSmart. He's liking the puppy kong with the teething chewy you insert into it. He's been gnawing on that for a bit. He's also been stealing the CATNIP toys!! Not sure if he smells the catnip or not, but those are the ones he's grabbing, along with the ones that jingle or rattle. I've been grabbing the smaller ones and putting them out of reach.

Wow! It's only 5:30, and it's been a busy afternoon! I'll update more later, and get pics when I can. Sleepy puppy next to me at the moment, so going to enjoy this!!

Again, thank you so much to everyone that made this possible!!

3muttsandaboston
01-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Wow it's so exiting that he is finally home with you! He sounds perfect for you and your family. My dog gracie is 8 years old and she does the same thing. If I don't notice her sitting by the door she will go right upstairs and pee on the floor so I have to watch her like a hawk. Good luck!

ramanth
01-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Sounds like introductions went pretty well. :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Jenn thanks for the update.:) I'm glad to hear that things are going well and I can't wait to see pictures.:)

jennielynn1970
01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
What a smart little guy Woody is!!! He just grabbed a cat bed, drug it across the floor to the area rug, grabbed his kong toy and laid down in the bed to chew on the toy!

The cats kind of just watched it all... probably wondering where he was going with one of their beds, lol.

He is super inquisitive, and seems to be into everything. Don't remember kittens being this nosey!

Catty1
01-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Not to encourage chaos...but I wonder if Ally has ever met a dog???? What if she fell in love? (I know, I know...)

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2008, 09:31 PM
What a smart little guy Woody is!!!

He just grabbed a cat bed, drug it across the floor to the area rug,
grabbed his kong toy and laid down in the bed to chew on the toy!

He "grabbed a Kat Bed" only because he hasn't figured out How to get on the BigBed, yet.

Give him some Time, and he'll be sprawled on the BigBed with his head on your pillow
before you finish brushing your teeth!

Now THAT will really impress da Kitties! :eek:

jennielynn1970
01-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Not to encourage chaos...but I wonder if Ally has ever met a dog???? What if she fell in love? (I know, I know...)

There is no way I'm subjecting this sweet, innocent little pup to her. You can nix that one from happening. Poor guy has been tolerating Zachariah, whom I have never heard hiss until today. Plus, if she bites him, I'd be super upset. She bit Calloway really bad, I'm not going to tempt her with Woody too.

Karen
01-26-2008, 09:55 PM
He "grabbed a Kat Bed" only because he hasn't figured out How to get on the BigBed, yet.

Give him some Time, and he'll be sprawled on the BigBed with his head on your pillow
before you finish brushing your teeth!

Now THAT will really impress da Kitties! :eek:

Actually, with long-spined pups, if you want him up on the big bed, a ramp might be in order, as jumping up and down eventually can caused damage. That's pretty sadly common in dachshunds, bassets, and I even knew a low-slund miniature poodle who ended up badly arthritic in his spine because of jumping up and down to the bed.

So glad he's home, and doing so well! Hey, and Zach is just making sure pup learns a healthy respect for cats, that's all!

jennielynn1970
01-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Actually, for right now, I'm limiting him to the 1st floor so that the kitties can take refuge on the 2nd floor and in my bedroom (that has always been their sanctuary). When they get along better, and I can find a gate for the kitty litter room to allow kitties in, but doggies out, then maybe we'll allow him upstairs. Until then, he has restricted access. :p

PS... my bed, at the moment, is covered in kitties! They are happy to be snuggling with mommy!

Taz_Zoee
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
WooHoo!! Woody is officially HOME! I had to check in while I'm up here in Tahoe.
So Jennie, can Zoee finally ask Woody to be her Valentine? :)
I can't wait to see pictures of him!! :D :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Actually, for right now, I'm limiting him to the 1st floor so that
the kitties can take refuge on the 2nd floor and in my bedroom
(that has always been their sanctuary).

:p
Sounds like a great plan - till Woody discovers he's :eek: *ALONE* down on the first floor!
**A-Roooooooooooooo!**

I remember when dear lil Bowser moved into his "apartment" **DOWN** in the :eek: Basement ...
And realized he was NOT "with the gang" who was UPstairs ...
OH MY, could he *whimper* & *whine*!! :rolleyes:

We managed to ignore his pleadings; and he finally (after a couple of noisy nights
and a few UN-happie shouts down the stairs by New Dad) got the hint
and just settled in each night with a required Bisquit Treet.

It didn't take long for Bowz to "graduate" up to the BunkRoom; although he never had
any desire to jump or try to climb up onto the BigBed.
(Uhh-Ohh ... LES ... gosh we *MISS* Him! :( )

You ARE going to keep *crating* him at night, aren't you?
He's so used to that routine - be a shame to get him out of a nice habit.

shais_mom
01-27-2008, 02:16 AM
aaww I'm glad he's doing so well! :D
can't wait for pics! :D

oh oh oh
I know how about Jenn ship Ally to YOU and YOU get a dog to encourage her to fall in love?! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

jennielynn1970
01-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Sounds like a great plan - till Woody discovers he's :eek: *ALONE* down on the first floor!
**A-Roooooooooooooo!**

I remember when dear lil Bowser moved into his "apartment" **DOWN** in the :eek: Basement ...
And realized he was NOT "with the gang" who was UPstairs ...
OH MY, could he *whimper* & *whine*!! :rolleyes:

We managed to ignore his pleadings; and he finally (after a couple of noisy nights
and a few UN-happie shouts down the stairs by New Dad) got the hint
and just settled in each night with a required Bisquit Treet.

It didn't take long for Bowz to "graduate" up to the BunkRoom; although he never had
any desire to jump or try to climb up onto the BigBed.
(Uhh-Ohh ... LES ... gosh we *MISS* Him! :( )

You ARE going to keep *crating* him at night, aren't you?
He's so used to that routine - be a shame to get him out of a nice habit.

He's never going to be truly "alone" down on the first floor. I've never had all 9 cats up in my room at one time. Even in the crate on the 1st floor, he'll still have Furbee, Jorgie, Boris, and possibly Calloway with him. Zachariah at times as well. Finae and Sophie are my two "momma's girls" so they tend to stick to me like glue when there's something going on, and Honey, he'll be fine as long as he gets his canned food. The world could end tomorrow, but as long as he's had his canned food, he'll be fine with it all. :rolleyes:

I think once Woody gets a little more "mature" I'll let him come up on the big bed. We've been up since 5am today, and we went for a 30 minute walk and he pooped twice. Definitely got to get him enrolled in obedience class. He's really not bad walking on a leash, but like a typical hound, his nose is to the ground sniffing everything, lol. He'll have a ball up at my mom and dad's house! Soooooo much to sniff and investigate!

Ok, taking a short nap since it's still not 7am, and it IS the weekend! I can handle getting up at 5am, walking and playing, and then taking a nap for a while, lol!

DEFINITELY keeping the crate routine!

anna_66
01-27-2008, 06:07 AM
I'm glad to hear Woody is at his Forever home and doing wonderfully!
I'll be waiting for pictures:D

gini
01-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Ha! do you get the idea that we would love some pictures? Poor Jenn - up at 4 am to walk Woody and clean up after him - you deserve a nap now!

It is just that Woody has a "following" now - and we want to hear all about his day - even his poops!:D

Daisy and Delilah
01-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Congratulations on getting the little guy home!! I am another person that can't wait to see pictures. I can't get enough of him :)

NoahsMommy
01-27-2008, 09:47 PM
YAY! This is such wonderful news - Woody finally in his new furrever home. Jenn, you are such a wonderful, kind person to not only help Julie's Ally, but also to open your home and heart to cutie patootie, Woody.

:) :) :)

This is such a HAPPY thread. You are all so wonderful, this is EXACTLY what PT is all about.

Hugs,
Kelly & Kitties

pitc9
01-28-2008, 07:21 AM
FINALLY!!!!

Woody's HOME!!

:D :D
I'm SO glad to hear the introductions with the kitties went as well as they did!!

Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy at his furever home!!!

Cinder & Smoke
01-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Tis Monday ...
Woody's first day of :eek: Mom's Away at Skewell ... I'm stuck wiffa KATS!

Soooo ...
Did Mom run home at lunchtime to let Woody *out*??

How was he doing?

cyber-sibes
01-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Glad to hear he's settling in so well already.
*looks on previous 2 pages*,
hmmm, no pictures yet? ;) I'll check back!

finn's mom
01-28-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm happy to hear he's home and that the introductions were as smooth as they were. :) Good luck with your new addition!

Reachoutrescue
01-28-2008, 02:57 PM
I am so glad that Woody is home now! It sounds like he is going to adjust just fine to all those puddy cats! I just hope they are okay with him. They must be scared! Great job all on getting this great pup to his new forever home! Can't wait to see pics!

Cinder & Smoke
01-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Hey Woody ~

Anybody HOME?

Cinder & Smoke
01-28-2008, 09:58 PM
11 pm - Where's Mom? :confused:

Hey Woody ~

Can you Type onna puter??

K9karen
01-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Hey, all...

It's my first shot at the 'puter since The Woodster left! Yes, it's been quiet and calmer, but I have to admit, I miss the widdle buggabean. I miss that "Aroooo" and taking him out every 1/2 hour, especially at 5a! (did I just say that?) I don't think I REMEMBER getting up that early for years!!!

I was so pooped, I forced myself (yeah) to stay up 'til 2a on Sat night for John's 65th birthday party. Then I've been cleaning my aunt's house and baby proofing it for when she gets home. Never mind MY house, but any excuse is good!
In the back of my mind I'm still "rushing" home to take Woody out!!!

Yep, after a few accidents, due to my not paying attention, like Jenn said, I think Woody will housetrain easily. I only had one "oppsie" since Thursday..that's really really good for such a baby. I have to admit I was proud of myself..Cody trained in 2 weeks. Jenn's doing great. He does love to sniff and grab stuff, very inquisitive, very adaptable and full of good fun and energy. I'm so thrilled he's getting along with some of the cats. He did try to get on the big bed but couldn't. The 1st night after he peed on my side, I nixed the idea. He loves being with company.

Ok..sorry to go on....I'm waiting for pictures too! Would I do this again...I think yes, But it's hard tearing your heart away.

gini
01-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Didn't Jenn mention that she tutors children in the evenings?

She may be busy - but I know when she has time she will update us on Woody.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Sounds like you have settled in very well young Woody :D I love this thread!!

jennielynn1970
01-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Whew!!! Ok, puppies are a lot of work! If babies are more work than this, I will NEVER be having children!! :p Holy cow, he is into EVERYTHING!!! He's such a cutie, and so funny! He's made himself right at home, and as of last night, even the kitties were tolerating him and were relaxing in the living room with me while Woody was sleeping on "his" cat bed!

He did come to school with me yesterday, and he had so much fun! The kids adored him, the teachers loved him! I had one teacher come over who really never talks to anyone (she actually said "I may not like people, but i love dogs"... :rolleyes: ), and she laid on the floor with him for her entire lunch break!

Woody sat by the window in the back door and watched the kids change classes. He wasn't scared in the least! He wanted to be out in the hallway with the kids in the worst way. He got to run around my library for a while with some 8th graders. He ran around in our courtyard for about 20 minutes. He had a very full day here. When we got home at the end of the day, he fell asleep for about 3hrs, lol.

Ok, so on to the pics! I didn't have a camera with me at school yesterday. I was trying to remember to pack everything else, and forgot the camera!! Oh well, he'll be back here so we'll get more pics then!

On with the pics...

OOOH! New toys! Are all of these mine?!
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0919.jpg

Zachariah says - "Who is this, and why is he getting to eat before me?"
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0920.jpg

Oooh... toys to chew on! YAY!
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0933.jpg

What do you mean the banana is a cat toy?? It smells good!
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0934.jpg

Chillin' on the sofa
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0930.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0927.jpg

cont...

jennielynn1970
01-29-2008, 10:33 AM
All tuckered out!
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0929.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0932.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0928.jpg

The cutest nose in the world!!
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0925.jpg

Ahhhhhh... I'm home!
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/jenn_librarian/HPIM0931.jpg

shais_mom
01-29-2008, 10:40 AM
awww I'm so glad he had a great day!
a tired puppy is a good puppy!
kiss him for me! :D

lvpets2002
01-29-2008, 10:47 AM
:eek: oH WoW Smush Smush = I just Melted.. This wittle one is just to Cute for Words.. Such a Cutie Pie.. Bigg Belly Rubbss & Whisker Kissess..

Pawsitive Thinking
01-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh Woody - you are starting to look so grown up already!!!

pitc9
01-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh Jen... he's SUCH a cutie pie!

I love the picture of him eating and Zachariah keepin' an eye on him!!

gini
01-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Well Phred - you wanted an uppydate and some pictures. These ought to set your socks straight!!:D :D

Oh, Jenn, what a great idea to take him to work with you. Could it be a regular thing do you think? Your telling the story about the teacher who doesn't like people but loves dogs - hmmmm, we have a therapy dog in the making.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of his pictures. Good lord, could he be any cuter? I love the way he just acclimates himself so well, no matter where or when or even who - when you consider the kitties.

Leslie and Karen - you both had your chances on keeping him - so no whining now - too late!:D

cyber-sibes
01-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Aw, what fun tohave him at school with you! he is such a cutie, and he looks like he feels right at home! (and I love the look on Zachariah's face!)

krazyaboutkatz
01-29-2008, 11:39 AM
What a great update.:) It's also great that you were able to take him to school with you. He sure is a cutie pie.:)

Cinder & Smoke
01-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Gol-lee ...

We never had a cute "Library Pup" when I was in school! :(

jennielynn1970
01-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Gol-lee ...

The principal of my school is actually a really great guy, and we have another teacher who brings in her dog EVERY friday!! It all depends on who your administrator is and what they'll allow. We're an animal friendly school here! :D

shais_mom
01-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Gol-lee ...

see Phred you were all worried about Woody being home alone for Nuttin! ;)

3muttsandaboston
01-29-2008, 01:12 PM
How sweet! I once brought my dog Zoe (rip) to my high school for my vet tech class. One of my teachers said she could come to a different class with me and the principal saw me with her going into that other class and almost cussed me out saying it was against the law to bring dogs to class. :eek: I was so angry. My poor teacher had brought her doggie ice cream and treats too and was exited to have her.

Taz_Zoee
01-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Yay! Puppy pictures!! Oh, I so wish I could have a puppy. Maybe someday. I also wish I could bring my dog to work, but too many people have allergies and Zoee would be too spastic at first. LOL
You are so lucky Jennie!!! Now, don't forget to pack the camera next time he goes to work with you....please. :)

Cinder & Smoke
01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
see Phred ... you were all worried about Woody being home alone for Nuttin! ;)

Well ... sooner or later he's gonna be "Left Home ALONE - wiffa KATS" :( ...
The longer it goes before it happens, the more *traumatic* it will seem to lil Woody.

Maybe better to "ease" him into it so he can accept not being with a 2-Legger 24/7 -
a few "short" seperations may be easier to accept than a whole DAY without Mom.

But whadda I know?
;)

jennielynn1970
01-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Well, he is home today with the cats. I can't bring him with me every day. He's gated in my kitchen, but the cats go in and out of there as well. I was supposed to be teaching homebound tonight, but the girl just canceled on me again (this is getting to be a habit with her :rolleyes: ). I'm glad I can go home right after work, but it just means that I will have to reschedule and do another set of nights with my student.

He doesn't cry at night either, and he sleeps downstairs with some of the kitties then too.

I will be bringing him with me on Friday since it's also dress down day. We can all be comfy and play on the floor with him! ;) :D

cassiesmom
01-29-2008, 02:51 PM
kiss him for me! :D

Kiss him for me, too!

Rachel
01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
He doesn't cry at night either, and he sleeps downstairs with some of the kitties then too.

Woody, there are some PT dogs who could give you a few hints on this one, but I'm keeping my two away from the computer.

gini
01-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I think that Woody can handle himself in almost any situation.

He must be thinking "well, this sure looks a lot better than the middle of the street I was on in Texas!!!" How many pups can say they kept going to the Wichita Falls airport FOUR TIMES - and then took TWO FLIGHTS!!!

Yeah, she may have canceled on you - but at least you get to go home earlier and check on Woody - and plant all of those kisses on him we keep sending to you.

captain
01-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Jen,
What a great job you have that you can take him to work with you!! Those kids must be so thankful (as is Woody).

Thanks so much for the pics. He sure is a darlin!!! :)

jennielynn1970
01-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Jen,
What a great job you have that you can take him to work with you!! Those kids must be so thankful (as is Woody).

Thanks so much for the pics. He sure is a darlin!!! :)

I don't know who loved him more, the students, or the teachers who came to get a dose of puppy loving to de-stress! I've never had so many teachers come into my library before! :p :rolleyes: Of course, today I got flack from them because I didn't take him in, lol. I kept saying "FRIDAY... it's casual day that day, he'll be back!"

AdoreMyDogs
01-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Thank you so, so much for the pictures! Oh, and Jennie I got the darling outfits for Quinn this evening, I will put them threw the wash and have Quinn model them for you tomorrow. Thank you SO much! They are SUCH darling little outfits and I can't wait to try them on her :D

Hugs! I hope all is well with you. Please give Woody a kiss from me and tell him to be a good boy.

K9karen
01-29-2008, 11:15 PM
*Waves* Hi Woody!!! I sure do miss you! You're such a little social butterfly! I'm so happy you have kitties to play with and lots of toys and better yet..get to go to school with your mummy!!! And lookie! Mummy allowed you on her couch!!! I was a meany! Sweet dreams widdle pumpkin. Try to keep the snoring to a minumum! Luv and smooches..Aunt Karen & Cuzin Logan

anna_66
01-30-2008, 09:36 AM
What a lucky boy to be able to go to school with mom! Your one special dog Woody!

Thanks for sharing those cutie pie pics of him Jen:D

jennielynn1970
01-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I think I'm renaming the puppy.... to GOOFY!! He keeps carrying around catnip toys, and last night started dragging the one cat tree around the living room, and I've put it back where it belongs about 5xs tonight already!! This dog is a maniac!!

He wants so badly to play with the kitties, and sits here and whines and barks at Zachariah, lol. Hopefully I can get the one neighbor's dog to have some play dates with him. She's a large golden doodle, and bit goofy herself, but I think they'd have fun, lol. ;)

Grace
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
I think I'm renaming the puppy.... to GOOFY!! He keeps carrying around catnip toys, and last night started dragging the one cat tree around the living room, and I've put it back where it belongs about 5xs tonight already!! This dog is a maniac!!

He wants so badly to play with the kitties, and sits here and whines and barks at Zachariah, lol. Hopefully I can get the one neighbor's dog to have some play dates with him. She's a large golden doodle, and bit goofy herself, but I think they'd have fun, lol. ;)

You could get another puppy for him http://bestsmileys.com/dogs/4.gif

jennielynn1970
01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
You could get another puppy for him http://bestsmileys.com/dogs/4.gif

You offering to come and puppy sit, housebreak and play with them both during the weekdays? :p ;)

jenluckenbach
01-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Jennie, there is a puppy day care just a few blocks from where I work. Maybe you should enrol him. ;)

lizbud
01-31-2008, 05:30 PM

Sounds like a normal, healthy pup. :D Bless his little heart. Amazing how
quickly we forget all that goes into having a baby in the house. :)

cassiesmom
01-31-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't know who loved him more, the students, or the teachers who came to get a dose of puppy loving to de-stress! I've never had so many teachers come into my library before! :p :rolleyes: Of course, today I got flack from them because I didn't take him in, lol. I kept saying "FRIDAY... it's casual day that day, he'll be back!"
Oh, Woody, you've got a lot of friends!

K9karen
02-01-2008, 10:23 PM

Can't say I didn't warn ya! :D :p

jennielynn1970
02-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Today has been a treat... I've been tethering him to me to keep an eye on the housebreaking deal (Phred mentioned it to some else about helping train her roommates dog, so I thought I'd try it. It's working well. He's a quick learner.

He's fetching and bring things right back to my lap for me. He falls asleep on my chest and takes naps with me. He's sweetness beyond anything ever expected.

Speaking of unexpected... I didn't expect to find him HUMPING a cat bed in the middle of the living room floor!!!! Isn't he too young for that?! :o :eek:

Taz_Zoee
02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
LOL!! In our house we call that the humpty dance. Yes, Zoee used to do that when SHE was younger too. She doesn't do it anymore, so he'll probably (hopefully) grow out of that. hee hee :D :D

That's great that he is catching on quickly to the house training. I think I might have to come visit you sometime to see the little guy. :) I promise I won't take him home with me (evil laugh).

More pictures would hold me over though. :D

Cinder & Smoke
02-03-2008, 12:11 AM
I didn't expect to find him HUMPING a cat bed in the middle of the living room floor!!!!

Isn't he too young for that?! :o :eek:

:rolleyes:

Better the kat BED rather than The KAT! :eek: :o

You're never to young to learn a new Trick!

GO Woody!

jennielynn1970
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Well, I think I'm changing the pup's name, cause "woody" seems to have the wrong effect (if you catch my drift... :rolleyes: :o ). I have to seriously keep him away from the one cat bed, I have no idea what it is about it, but he REALLY likes it a little too much!! :eek: :p

I've been trying out other names, and since he's also carrying around my vacuum cleaner attachments (why, don't know, he keeps picking them out of the holder), I think I like the name KIRBY for him, lol, at least it's better than Dyson, Eureka and Kenmore, ya know?!

So, I think he's gonna be a Kirby! ;) (No more woodies in the house!! :p )

gini
02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
:D :D Well you know, there is always HOOVER - Hoover is nice!!!:D :D

Too funny!

jennielynn1970
02-03-2008, 10:27 PM
:D :D Well you know, there is always HOOVER - Hoover is nice!!!:D :D

Too funny!

Thought of that one too, but my neighbor's JRT is named Hoover, so, can't take that one, lol!

Do that really start doing this SOOOOO young?! I mean, you can't even see his "package" from the back :o I thought those developed, and then the rest came into play (no pun intended :p ). He's gonna have to get snipped in a jiffy!

K9karen
02-04-2008, 12:02 AM
So if I ask you to kiss Woody goodnight for me, you won't, right? :p

jennielynn1970
02-04-2008, 12:05 AM
So if I ask you to kiss Woody goodnight for me, you won't, right? :p

I'll kiss Kirby, but I aint kissin' no woody!! :p ;)

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Do they really start doing this SOOOOO young?!

I mean, you can't even see his "package" from the back :o

I thought those developed, and then the rest came into play

I'm beginnin to think this is First Dawg. :rolleyes:

1) They're never "Too Young"

2) Be thankful it's the Kat BED he "likes" - and not the KAT or :eek: Your LEG!

3) The Big SNIPP won't necessarily solve this "love making problem" ...
Smokey lost his "stuff" 7 years ago - and he STILL tries to sharpen his pencil
on anything that will hold still for 30 seconds! :mad:

4) New Names?
How about "Jabber"? :p

jennielynn1970
02-04-2008, 06:04 AM

No, we had dogs when I was younger, and living at home. We had Max when I was about 4, a german shep., who was not like that, and then Maija when I was about 12 , also german shep. who was not like that. The beagles we had I don't remember them doing that either, but I could be wrong. I guess that's not something I "focused" on when I was younger, or if they did do it, mom and dad told me something else?? (go figure... :rolleyes: ). I had friends whose dogs behaved like that, but I thought they were older. I just didn't know they could start this early, that's all.

jennielynn1970
02-04-2008, 06:10 AM
2) Be thankful it's the Kat BED he "likes" - and not the KAT or :eek: Your LEG!
Ok... EWWWWWWWW! :eek: That would not be cool!

3) The Big SNIPP won't necessarily solve this "love making problem" ...
Smokey lost his "stuff" 7 years ago - and he STILL tries to sharpen his pencil
on anything that will hold still for 30 seconds! :mad:
Oh my.... :rolleyes: My brother's dogs aren't like that either. Even the hyper little Italian Greyhound.

4) New Names?
How about "Jabber"? :p
:eek: :eek: And just how would I explain that one to the kiddies at school?! :p Although, I'm sure the boys would all be nodding and saying they have the same problem themselves.... :rolleyes: ;)

pitc9
02-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Oh Goodness!!
:eek:

Doesn't he know he's a HOUNDdog... NOT and HORNdog!! LOL!!! :D

I like the name Kirby!

shais_mom
02-04-2008, 10:19 AM

1) They're never "Too Young"

geeze
I don't know why you rolled the eyes - we all have to start somewhere. If everyone who only had dogs as a child got them as adults there'd be a LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT of people dogless and a helluva lot MORE of dogs without homes. :( :rolleyes: My self included b/c the dog we had wasn't really MY dog and I didn't have much in taking care of him.

I've never had a male dog myself so I can't be much help, I do know that when you take him to a dog park you'll be seeing a LOT more of it with other dogs big, little, old and young. And girls do it as well, just as Cinder. She tries to sharpen her pencil that she doesn't have. ;) Our dog we had as kids was male and humped on occasion but I don't remember much about him...

It may not have anything sexual behind it - it might be dominance? Maybe he thinks the only thing he can dominant is the Kat Bed! :)
Keegan tries to hump my walking boot!

So what IS his name???? :p :confused: :confused: :confused: :p

Ginger's Mom
02-04-2008, 10:44 AM
It isn't sexual, it is dominance. Ginger does it all of the time when she is excited (by excited I mean overly active or on sensory overload, not sexually). We have a toy named Mr. Bear, that she has always humped, even as a very young pup. It is her way of taking control over something when chasing the ball around the house gets her adrenaline pumping. She has never tried to hump my leg, and only very rarely tries to hump one of her friends when playing rough. Ginger is not a dominant dog by any stretch of the imagination, and I think Mr. Bear is a perfect way for her to release her energy (although it does seem to surprise guests when she does it).

Pam
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
I've only ever had two male dogs - one before Ripley and now Ripley. My first male (toy poodle) never humped anything and I had attributed that to the fact that we got him as a puppy and neutered him right away. Ripley, on the other hand, was about three years old (a guess) when we got him and he still had his family jewels at that time. We had him neutered right away, but he humps Bella occasionally and she just sits down. :o I am thinking that he still thinks the testosterone is flowing. :o

loveallfurryfriends
02-04-2008, 12:41 PM
My dad and his wife have an 11 yr old Jack Russell, and he still does it. He has was neutered a very long time ago, but that did not stop this guy!! The funny thing is that he is very strong, and will " have his way with you", if you aren't careful. On the other hand, I've never seen Smokey do it. I'm not sure why some do & some don't?!?

jennielynn1970
02-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Short update....

Went to the whitecoats today because I found some icky white things in Kirby's poop this AM. :eek: :( Never saw any previously, so figured get him in there prior to needing the last set of shots. He's on Drontal for the worms, and got his first dose of Heartguard and Frontline free for his first puppy visit and a folder with info for me as well! :)

Everyone at the vet loved him, lol. He's just so happy and loving of everyone! He weighs 16.6 lbs, and the vet said he looks to be a great weight, and that the hourglass shape is how he should look whether he's 4mos, 4 yrs or 14 yrs old.

She also said he is MAYBE 3.5 months old, and that he is just cutting his baby teeth. Here I thought he might have been older than we thought (size, I guess), but nope, he's younger, lol. Dr. Hess definitely recommends obedience class for him, and she said bassets can be very aggressive when older if not trained properly. Was planning on classes anyway, because he definitely likes to get his own way and "talks" to you when he doesn't. :p He was being a bit of a brat with Dr. Hess so she put him on his side and he calmed down. Have to remember that trick! She also suggested a sleeping crate as well as a "time out" crate. Will have to pick another crate up, because that was a good suggestion. I'm going to pick up more puppy food tonight, as well as get some other treats.

I guess that's all for the update. He got his distemper and rabies shots tonight as well. So, I guess he's up to date on shots (unless he still needs that last set, will have to check closely on the receipt from the vet).

Whew!!! Kirby really is a handful, but so worth it!! He's just such a love!

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Hmmm ...

Sounds like it's Kirby for sure, now. :)

Hey K9Karen ~~~

How'z about "fixin" the Title of this Thread to say Kirby :D
:cool:
:cool:

Pam
02-04-2008, 06:02 PM
he's also carrying around my vacuum cleaner attachments (why, don't know, he keeps picking them out of the holder),

I must have missed this the last time I read this thread. Bella too was captivated by my vacuum cleaner attachments when she was a puppy. She often unsnapped them from the *secure* holders on the side of the vacuum cleaner and chewed and chewed. Thankfully she got all of that out of her system before I got my Dyson! :eek:

K9karen
02-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Just when I was having fun calling him The Woodster!

I think he's so happy being in a forever home, he'll adjust to a name change. He's already lived in so many places. Don't forget a new name tag, Jenn

Yikes! Thanks for the worm info..I'll be on poop patrol with Logan. Yech.

Did he flip his leggies when he was examined and put on his side? He's so sensitive. One touch sends him into a frenzy. So funny.

You're getting there, Jenn! Kirby really didn't like being told what to do. Of course, I laughed because I wasn't keeping him! :p :D

Aroo from the Princess and belly rubs from Aunt K

cassiesmom
02-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Jennie, how's the Kirb-ster? Has he been to school anymore?

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2008, 01:39 AM
For the Latest NEWS on our lil Houndy Dawg ...

Slip over to THIS Dog General Thread >>>

" Update on Woody ..."
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=139321 (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=139321)

:)