Sorry if this was posted already...
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41137

Wow, I find it hard to believe..:(

"
News

HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD IN NEW YORK
Source: The Associated Press
January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger was found dead in his Lower Manhattan apartment on Tuesday. The Australian-born actor was nominated for an Oscar for Brokeback Mountain, where he met Michelle Williams in 2005. The two had lived in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda, until they split up last year.

"Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed," New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said "This is being looked at as a possible overdose, but that is not confirmed yet."

Ledger appears as The Joker in the highly-anticipated summer 2008 comic book adaptation, The Dark Knight.

Ledger was found by a housekeeper who had gone to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse in the Soho apartment, Browne said.

He was declared dead at about 3:30 p.m., Browne said."

pitc9
01-22-2008, 04:34 PM
WOW!! :eek:

RIP Heath. :(

Alysser
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM
I am stunned. He was about the same age as my brother. :( Although I really didn't like any movies he was in he was still a good actor...it is really a shame.

sammy101
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM
I was just about to post this...
I was watching it for like 20 minutes in complete shock. :( He's definitely one of my favourite actors.

RIP Heath

Taz_Zoee
01-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I just heard about this. I am in shock!! What is with these young actors passing away lately? Brad Renfro just a couple weeks ago, he was only 25.
It's sad how stardom does this to some people. :(

Ginger's Mom
01-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I was shocked when I saw this title. I hadn't heard anything. How sad. :(

RobiLee
01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Such a shocker. I'm so very saddened by this news. :(

Flatcoatluver
01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
I was just about to post this...
I was watching it for like 20 minutes in complete shock. :( He's definitely one of my favourite actors.

RIP Heath

Mine too, I loved him in brokeback mountain.

RIP

CountryWolf07
01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Such a shame.

cassiesmom
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
This is weird - first Brad Renfro and now Heath Ledger.

chicagotribune.com
NEW YORK - Actor Heath Ledger, one of the stars of "Brokeback Mountain," was found dead in his bed in his Manhattan apartment, at 3:35 p.m., New York City police said Tuesday. He was 28.

Sleeping pills were found in the bed around him, police said.

Police said Ledger's body was found after a masseuse arrived at the apartment on Broome Street in SoHo. A housekeeper, who let the masseuse in, believed him to be asleep, police said. The two went into the bedroom and found him nonresponsive, then called 911, police said.

critter crazy
01-22-2008, 05:43 PM
:eek: OMG!! I cannot believe this!! he was one of my favorite Actors!! I loved all of his movies!! I loved him In: A KNights Tale, 10 Things I hate about you, Ned Kelly, Brokeback Mountain and the Order. Such a wate to Die at only the age of 28!!! RIP Heath!!:( :( :(

BitsyNaceyDog
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
So very sad. I too was just about to post this. I just read that he has a daughter, it's so sad, she'll be growing up without her father.

I'm looking forward to seeing him as the joker in the new Batman movie that's coming out this year. I don't know if he has any others coming out or if that will be his last movie. Very very sad. :(

Lori Jordan
01-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I was blown away when i heard this also...such a sad ending to life..

Rip

Chilli
01-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I heard about this from my sister when I got home today(she has been a very big fan for many years now)... then on the news tonight.
Honestly, I never watch movies, so I wasn't very familiar with his work.. but it is still oppressive to hear of anyone dying so young. :(

cali
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I heard about this from the the pharmasist at work, it hasnt really sunk in for me yet, Health was one of my faverite actors :(

the pharmasist at my work does not think the sleeping pills had anything to do with it, not unless he was drinking alcahol with them, as I guess they were just over the counter, nothing more then a low dose antihistimine, hardly anything that could kill a person on its own.

carole
01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh my gosh, so incredibly sad, so many beautiful young people in hollywood passing, i am not over familiar with him, but yes i certainly know of him, and any young life taken this way is just plain awful RIP Heath.

Sevaede
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
R.I.P. Heath. My thoughts are with his family, his daughter especially.

I heard he was found in Mary Kate Olsens apartment. o_O

molucass
01-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I have always liked Heath... And the movies he was in..
I was really shocked when I read this earlier.

Rest in Peace Heath. :(

Suki Wingy
01-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I really enjoyed him as an actor. :(

especially A Knight's Tale.

:(

DJFyrewolf36
01-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Wow...its sad how close to the edge a lot of celebraties are. Too many of them end up taking thier own lives or otherwise die tragically :(

Reachoutrescue
01-22-2008, 11:35 PM
My sister called me around 5pm and told me. She was so upset. I don't watch many movies, so I am afraid I didn't know who he was until I clicked on the link that slleipnir posted. Now that I know who the name belongs to, it makes me upset. He was a great actor. He was a year younger then I am...scarry. I hope it was not suicide. The life of a celebrity is hard I am sure, but there is never a reason big enough to end your life. Here is the latest I found out incase nobody has seen it. If you have, sorry for the duplicate. I am sorry to hear he passed and I hope they could find out what the cause really was. RIP Heath....

Heath Ledger's Death Not Suicide, Says Family. (http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/ledger-did-not-kill-himself-says-family/2008/01/23/1201024937592.html)

ramanth
01-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Been a fan of his since 'Roar'. I'm stunned. :(

Genny
01-22-2008, 11:43 PM
I have always loved Heath Ledger ever since I saw the movie 'The Patriot. He was a really great actor; and very gorgeous. 10 things I hate about you was another good movie I liked that he was in. I'll miss him... :(

jackie
01-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Wow, RIP.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-23-2008, 03:30 AM
Such a waste :( RIP Heath

Kirsten
01-23-2008, 03:55 AM
Just heard the news... It's very sad! He was so young.

R.I.P.

Kirsten

finn's mom
01-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Anyone dying that young is tragic. :(

Sevaede
01-23-2008, 11:10 AM
He finished filming the newest Batman movie about two months ago. I just saw some clips and, I must say, I am EXCITED to see it! He performs very well!

Vela
01-23-2008, 11:39 AM
BTW he was found in his OWN apartment, not a freaking Olson twin. Just to clear that up before more rumors go bouncing around.

Very sad. I looked forward to the new Batman a lot, but it'll definitely be harder to watch it now, knowing he's passed away. Very sad for his family and friends and his little girl.

Sparklecoon
01-23-2008, 12:38 PM
New Article (http://www6.comcast.net/entertainment/articles/2008/01/22/Obit.Ledger/)

That's so sad.

Personally I'll be waiting until they get a finished toxicology and autopsy report back until I pass my judgement. IMO the NYPD has done both Heath and his family a great disservice by saying there were pills found before any reports were back. Look at all the rumors that are already circulating. It may be an accidental OD or he may have had some weird underlying heart problem. It doesn't matter though because people are immediately going to attribute it to drugs. It's sad. Many people are perscribed sleep aids that they keep at bedside (Me for one) as well as anti-anxiety meds.

Argranade
01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
He looked like such a nice calm person.

I feel so sorry for his family and it's hard for his fans.

The only movie I seen him in was Broke Back Mountain, which he did very well.

He's also supposed to be in the new bat man movie as the joker coming soon.

It would be weird watching that movie knowing he had so much fun playing the role but now he's dead,

Very sad. :(

NoahsMommy
01-23-2008, 01:08 PM
IMO the NYPD has done both Heath and his family a great disservice by saying there were pills found before any reports were back.

Many people are perscribed sleep aids that they keep at bedside (Me for one) as well as anti-anxiety meds.

I agree 100%...now we're hearing there may have just been pills in his bathroom medicine cabinent, NOT near or strewn all over the bed...jeesh! The media is sooooo rediculous! Its just plain mean! :mad:

I for one knew it wasn't necessarily an OD if the pills were "strewn all over the bed" because people trying to die are going to take ALL the pills, not leave a bunch all over the place. An empty bottle maybe, not a whole bunch of pills.

It is so tragic that all these stars...people...are dying so young. :(

Daisy and Delilah
01-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Rest In Peace Heath :(

How tragic to lose such a fine young man. :(

wolf_Q
01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
How sad. :( I always thought he was a good actor, he seemed like a nice guy too...and such a young age, wow. He was the same age as my brother and sister. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

ramanth
01-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree 100%...now we're hearing there may have just been pills in his bathroom medicine cabinent, NOT near or strewn all over the bed...jeesh! The media is sooooo rediculous! Its just plain mean! :mad:

I for one knew it wasn't necessarily an OD if the pills were "strewn all over the bed" because people trying to die are going to take ALL the pills, not leave a bunch all over the place. An empty bottle maybe, not a whole bunch of pills.

It is so tragic that all these stars...people...are dying so young. :(
Exactly.

My best friend's mom died of an anuerism. She was found on the bed, a glass of water and bottle of pills on the floor. They suspect she had a headache but the anuerism killed her just as she reached the bedroom.

Speculating does no one any good.

Felicia's Mom
01-23-2008, 01:49 PM
So sorry to hear this. RIP Heath.

Karen
01-23-2008, 01:49 PM
A high-school classmate of mine died of pneumonia at age 28. Some people are now saying he was fighting pneumonia, and we forget that even in this day and age, such a sickness can indeed kill you.

Sparklecoon
01-23-2008, 04:14 PM
The newest thing on COmcast.net is that police found a rolled up $20 bill on the ground near his bed :rolleyes: . No drug residue on the bill and no signs of illict drugs in the house. Why can't they just wait til they know for sure?