PDA

View Full Version : Designer Breeds: Toyger

Tora Oni
01-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Well I'm on Pet Talk almost everyday, even if I don't post on all the threads I read. I love cats I wish I could have more but I don't have my own place so it makes it difficult plus I'm in college I don't have money to spend on cats as much as I like. So with that intro Lets get to the topic.

Toygers another Designer breed that I have been observing. Their have been breed from a basic Mackrel tabby and a Bengal to imulate the strips of a Tiger. The goal of the Breeder is to create rounded ears more tufts around the face and a destinct white belly.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Tora-Oni/Toyger.jpg
Links
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Asso7777
http://www.toygers.org/ < the future develpoment shows pics.

Personally I think their cute but I don't think I would ever spend $1000 for a cat when I could get one at a shelter that is just the same. I understand the luxury of buying from a breeder because when you get one from a breeder they less likely to have been abused or neglected not a promise but less likely. Most strays make wonderful pets too if not better because they have seen tragdies and been mistreated and I think they appreciate it more then one whos never been in a shelter or on the streets. I appreciate Stormy because without him in my life it would be alot more lonelier at my house, with him waiting at the door it makes it a home. I have someone to come home to waiting for a rub and/or a treat. It really doesn't make sense to buy from breeders when their are thousands and thousands of perfectly good cats waiting to be loved. Their is at lest one or dozen more like it cat that would suite certain needs in a family if they looked.

Barbara
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Your Stormy is adorable. The toyger babies too- but Stormy looks so relaxed and happy- and sooo handsome :)

Tora Oni
01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks Stormy is a handsome kitty, but hes had a rough start and he is much more loving than he use to be. I haven't added any updated picuters yet.

catmandu
01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
I Agree, As A Lot Of The People Who Buy These Designer Cats Do So Because They Want To Show Off Thier Expensive Cats, Or To Try And Breed Them.
There Are Just So Many Pets In Shelter, Literally Dying By The Thousand , Waiting To Go To A Great Furrever Home.
:( :( :( :( :(

Tora Oni
01-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Yeah when you think about it all domestic cats have ancestors from the wild if traced back far enough. The Bengal's their asian leopard cross but not much diffrence than a normal tabby besides the vibrant coat. Some people don't know this but their is no such thing as a Bobcat Hybrid and some people probably think their getting one when it probably just a bobtail or pixi bob. I asked some girl about her cat since my boyfriend was babysitting her cat while something was going on. She said her cats parents where bobcat mixed. I contridicted and instantly everybody in the room disagreed even though I know for a fact, but you can't argue with ignorance so I let it go.

buttercup132
01-23-2008, 10:03 PM
They're cute, that's for sure.
I'm one of those people who spent more then 1000 on my cats but not to show them off, I'd be all for rescuing but the chances of finding my breed in a shelter is slim to none. I dont think a shelter would even be able to keep up with the care of them.