PDA

View Full Version : I was in the emergency room tonight!

davidpizzica
01-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I had to go to the E.R. tonight to have a cyst on my tailbone drained. It was causing me a lot of pain from the infection, it was affecting my right hip so I couldn't walk very well. It was drained and they gave me some antibiotics to take and something for the pain. There's still some pain, but it's less severe now. I have to be off work for a couple of days (oh, darn!) and make an appointment with my regular doctor. I'm SO glad I got this taken care of!!

Karen
01-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Yowch. Take care of yourself, now - and let those fur nurses help!

moosmom
01-20-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm glad you had it taken care of, David. And I'm glad they gave you something for pain and to take care of the infection. Want me to sent you a foam donut for you to sit on?? :D :p

davidpizzica
01-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm glad you had it taken care of, David. And I'm glad they gave you something for pain and to take care of the infection. Want me to sent you a foam donut for you to sit on?? :D :p
Thank you,Donna! I'd really appreciate it! Sitting down isn't fun right now.

trayi52
01-20-2008, 10:41 PM
David, sorry you had to make that trip to the ER, but at least you will feel better. Take those pain meds, and they should help ease the pain.

My husband gets those cysts, and he says they really hurt.

Willie :)

Sparklecoon
01-21-2008, 12:31 AM
I've had family members that have had those cysts. I've heard their quite painful. I hope the ER nurses were good to you. Get well soon.

joycenalex
01-21-2008, 06:04 AM
owwie! i hope you feel better soon!

Daisy and Delilah
01-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear this David. That must be very uncomfortable, to say the least. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} :(

Take it easy and get plenty of rest.

davidpizzica
01-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Today I'm doing better. There's a lot less pain in my hip and I can lay on my side without discomfort although sitting directly on where the cyst was is still painful. I'm able to walk better too although I can still feel it when I get off the couch. As long as I take my meds I'll be back to my old self!!

AmberLee
01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better.

DJFyrewolf36
01-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Get well soon! I remember when I cracked my tailbone falling off my bike :o Walking was so miserable...and I didn't even want to think about sitting down. Anything involving the tailbone stinks! I'm glad you're feeling better today though :)

davidpizzica
01-22-2008, 06:48 AM
Get well soon! I remember when I cracked my tailbone falling off my bike :o Walking was so miserable...and I didn't even want to think about sitting down. Anything involving the tailbone stinks! I'm glad you're feeling better today though :)
DJ, this was the second time I've had those cysts. I had to have a couple removed by surgery in 1969! I can sit down better today, but I can still feel it. You're right, having anything concerning the tailbone is NOT fun!

NoahsMommy
01-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Owie, you poor thing!! That really does sound painful. I'm glad you were able to have them fix you up in the ER.

I'm happy to see you're feeling better already! Keep on healing and getting better each day!

Hugs, Kelly :)

Randi
01-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Ouch, that must have been uncomfortable, to say the least! A good thing you went to the ER and had it taken care of. Glad to hear you're feeling better now. :)

carole
01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh david i missed this thread until now, so sorry to hear about your latest health issue, those things are darn painful especially there, hopefully with the drainage complete and medication you will be well on the mend, take care, thinking of you.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GJ-GetWell02.gif

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GJ-HugsPurrs01.gif

www.gjdesigns.dk

davidpizzica
01-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Oh david i missed this thread until now, so sorry to hear about your latest health issue, those things are darn painful especially there, hopefully with the drainage complete and medication you will be well on the mend, take care, thinking of you.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GJ-GetWell02.gif

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GJ-HugsPurrs01.gif

www.gjdesigns.dk
Sis, I had so much infection that it spread to my right hip and I could barely walk. I'm doing better now, although it's easier to lay on my side instead of sitting directly on it. Monday I see my regular doctor and to give me clearance to go back to work. I had this when I wa a kid in 1969 so I must be prone to getting them.Thank you, Sis, thank you for the well-wishes.

Gin
01-23-2008, 07:22 PM
I missed this thread too, David, and I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a lousy time. It sounds miserable, but it's good that you've had it taken care of. Can you sleep nights?

I wish you a speedy recovery!

davidpizzica
01-24-2008, 09:40 AM
I missed this thread too, David, and I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a lousy time. It sounds miserable, but it's good that you've had it taken care of. Can you sleep nights?

I wish you a speedy recovery!
Gin, I'm doing better today. Most of the soreness is gone,but I can still feel tenderness there. I can sleep on my side and it won't bother me much, but if I lay on my back, I can feel the tenderness. I get checked by the doctor on monday to find out when I can go back to work. Thanks for asking!

smokey the elder
01-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Ouch! I hope you get better soon. A pain in the hiney for real!

carole
01-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey there big bro, hope you are feeling better today and healing well, take care . :)

davidpizzica
01-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey there big bro, hope you are feeling better today and healing well, take care . :)
I'm feeling better, Sis. Most of the pain is gone although there is still some tenderness in that area when I sit down on it. Monday I'll have it checked and find out when I can go back to work.

carole
01-25-2008, 03:54 AM
Hope all goes well at the Dr's visit and you are in much less pain and it stay's that way, thinking of you. :)

Sparklecoon
01-25-2008, 04:00 AM
Is this it? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilonidal_cyst)

My dear SO and FIL have had issues with these. The stuff that comes out of them is rank! Unfortunately they have a tendency to come back even after surgical removal.

davidpizzica
01-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Pretty close. The doctor said it was more like an infected abcess. Abot forty years ago, when I was 21, I did have have a case of pilonoidal(sp?) cysts and I was operated on for them. I think I'm prone to get them. The smell isn't great either!

Medusa
01-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Pilonidal cysts are common w/people who ride motorcycles and/or horses and people who sit at office desks all day. Do you do any of those things? A couple of years ago I thought that I might be getting one because I was riding on the back of a motorcycle nearly every day, so I gave it a rest and the pain went away. Sitting at my computer every day didn't help either, so I made sure I got up and stretched and walked around more.

davidpizzica
01-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi, Mary! No I don't do those things, but I'm a groundskeeper on a golf course and we drive around on our work carts alot which don't exactly have the greatest of all suspensions. It's hilly and bumpy on the course and that probably caused it to happen. At 60 my body isn't what it used to be!