PDA

View Full Version : The new guy at the Luckenbach "orphanage"

jenluckenbach
01-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Rhett Butler

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/RhettButler-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/Foster%20kitties/RhettButler1-20-08.jpg

his eyes are closed in the photos so you can't see, but Rhett doesn't feel too well. :( His 3rd eyelid is halfway across his eye. He just came from a stressful time (at a shelter....adopted.....returned.....readopted by the same person......returned yet again!!!! :mad: ) so stress is probably at least partof his problem. But he is a real sweet boy. :)

jennielynn1970
01-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Awe... was he from our shelter, or from Huntingdon??

Look at that sweet orangie!!! Big smooches going out to him to get better!

G535
01-20-2008, 07:25 PM
He's handsome!

Why was he given back to the same people who returned him?

Catty1
01-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh, what a LOVE! Lookit the fat orange pawsies! That boy just begs a big hug and cuddle! SMOOCHIES on that beautiful head, please! :D

Lizzie
01-20-2008, 07:30 PM
He's such a handsome boy who should find a good new home fairly soon, as soon as he's been brought back to good physical health and feeling emotionally more secure.

Some cats, no matter how handsome and sweet, just seem to have the most awful luck with adopters. I met a cat at my shelter's infirmary last week who had been adopted once then turned in to a kill shelter a short time later. Fortunately, that shelter scanned him and found he belonged to the no-kill shelter. He was adopted then to a family who were apparently ecstatic about taking him home, but a few months later someone found him by the side of the road in a cardboard carrier! When my shelter called these adopters, they were clearly embarassed but couldn't come up with a reason why they had abandoned him. All the shelter could do was put them on their "do not adopt" list.

jenluckenbach
01-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Rhett was at Huntingdon shelter (we pull cats from there) and was returned because the family thought he wasn't "working out". But then they called the shelter back the next day saying they "missed him" and so did the other cat they adopted at the same time. But then......and you will love this :rolleyes: .....the lady's SISTER returned BOTH cats to the shelter saying her sister didn't "need" cats.

sasvermont
01-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Poor baby. Doesn't it make you wonder if some people are born that way...or if they get stupid as the days grow longer? Makes me wanna smack them! How could they re-return? I hope they......well.....I hope they never get their hands on any more pets. Poor Rhett. I hope he gets well soon. Thanks for being such an angel to him Jen.

cassiesmom
01-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Smoochies to Rhett Butler for me, too, please!

Queen of Poop
01-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Awww, that sweet boy needs some hugs and kisses. Please give him some from me, make that LOTS from me.

Moesha
01-20-2008, 09:08 PM
What happened to the cat buddy that he had at the other house. The one that said missed him when he was returned the first time?

KittyCrazy
01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Poor guy. He's probably getting really tired of being so bounced around. :( Hope he finds his forever home soon!

krazyaboutkatz
01-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Poor guy.:( I hope he feels better soon and will soon be relaxing in your home. He sure is adorable and I'm sure that you'll find the purrfect home for him.:)

Laura's Babies
01-21-2008, 06:48 AM
LIke these babies don't have any feelings! Oh! That makes me so MAD! :mad:

jenluckenbach
01-21-2008, 07:46 AM
What happened to the cat buddy that he had at the other house. The one that said missed him when he was returned the first time?
Oh you will love this...... :rolleyes: They dumped him at a neighbor's!!! Forcing the shelter worker to go demand the cat back.

I am not sure if he has been readopted yet or not, but he is safe.

kb2yjx
01-21-2008, 08:19 AM
My heart just MELTED when I saw that ORANGEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Then, I had to reread the posts about how this cat(and his buddy)wae treated so badly! PEOPLE just do not get it!!! They are adopting a living, breathing creature that HAS feelings!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that Rhett will flourish with you!!!

Barbara
01-21-2008, 08:25 AM
I am so sorry for cute Rhett. I hope that after some time he will be as happy and self-confident as Fister- just like an orangie should be.

CultureJunky
01-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Awww he's so cute, Hello Rhett, you will have a lot of fans on this forum, who will eagerly watch your progress at the Luckenbach household.
I hope you get better and adopted to somebody who'll appreciate your gorgeousness :) Good Luck Rhett!

StarandBratsmom
01-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Aww poor guy. Star gives him headbumpies and purrs to comfort him.

catmandu
01-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Rhett Butler Is Such A Big Handsome Cat , And Its Great That That Big Orange Cat Has Found Paradise In Luckenbach Manor.
Hes Got A Home Now Until He Finds His Furrever Home.
Hes Truly One Very Lucky Lucky Cat. I Wish I Could Take Him In.
And Another Gold Star By Jens Name At The Rainbow Bridge.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-21-2008, 09:39 AM
What a handsome young man you are, Rhett Butler!! I am soooo sorry for what happened to you before. But I am sute you will find a perfect forever-home really soon!! I wish I was living in the USA....

Pawsitive Thinking
01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
You are rather lovely Rhett. You will come to learn that not all hoomans are as stupid as the people who gave you up!!! :mad:

pitc9
01-21-2008, 11:56 AM
What a sad story that little cutie pie has (and his buddy).... I hope he finds his furever home soon!

momcat
01-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey there, Rhett Butler! What a handsome kitty guy you are! How awful that those dumb humans treated you so poorly, I'd like nothing more than to give them a good smack :mad: :mad: :mad:

Right now you couldn't be in better hands. With your wonderful foster Meowmie you're going to know what it means to be truly loved and cared for. You're safe now and don't have to worry or be scared anymore. And you're going to have many fans here at PT, you've stolen my heart already!

Sending you lots and lots of scritchies, tummy rubs and tons of lovies. Please come back to see us again very soon?

GILL
01-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I would love to take these insensitive people and ########
Rhett is such a handsome boy, he looks very much like our Peak. I need a bigger house With 4 more coming soon we are at our limit.