PDA

View Full Version : Scams

buttercup132
01-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I was browsing through Kijiji looking at dogs (not to look for a dog but just browsing) and came across some of these.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-Tiny-T-cup-Toy-Chihuahua-Puppies-For-Adoption-W0QQAdIdZ35399872

The first one I e mailed asking why she had such a low price and I got this

What makes us willing to give Jenifer up for adoption is that we are presently on a Volunteer mission for the World Health Organization (WHO) on the Eradication of the Malaria Parasite on pregnant Women in Victoria-Cameroon (West coast.) the pregnant women here are suffering with this disease So we decided to go on Volunteer and the WHO was our catch since we loved helping Sick people. Our duty here is tight up that we even regret bringing Jenifer with us. So we will very much give out Jenifer for adoption as soon as possible to reduce our work load.What will needed from you as your owned support is $300 for her flight renewal and which she will come with all registered document ,traveling passport, hand Manual concerning her feeding also with a care guide and a kit containing Puppy's items.After answering the question above , To make us relieve that you are going to take good care of Jenifer then you are free to welcome them to your home as soon as you get to us the shipping fee to pay for her flight ticket .Below is an attachment of her picture.Hope you would love them and also how soon do you want to have Jenifer.If so soon, then you will need to send to me your,Full names,Home Address,Cell Phone number and the nearest airport to you home.Your phone number is Vital so that i can reach you at any time in case of any time i need to let you know about Her shipping.If I have all this then i should just contact the shipping company here so that they can reserve a flight ticket for Jenifer and She will be ship to you and will be coming with their toys and a hand feeding booklet that will let you on how to feed Her when She just arrive Her new home,And you will use in just for a weeks and after you will now know how to feed Her.I hope God Bless you and your family and I wait to hear from you as soon as possible.

Sounds like a scam to me..they also have listed on there that they have 5 or 6 Chi puppies not just one. Also they are in Toronto I live near there, why on earth would I have to pay to get her shipped to me?

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-dogs-puppies-for-sale-male-and-female-englishbull-dog-puppies-for-aoption-W0QQAdIdZ35499462

Free pure bred Bulldog puppies, not likley..

Lori Jordan
01-20-2008, 05:02 PM
BullDogs are never free there thousand of dollars!A friend of mine inquired on one and they said the dog had to be shipped from Cameron Africa?I think it was...

buttercup132
01-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Yea that's what I thought. I heard all the scams are based from countries like that latley. I think the Bulldog one is gone now, I e mailed them but they never got back to me.

Canis-Lupess
01-20-2008, 06:04 PM
This has scam written all over it. I'm quite used to these being as they often target us artists too.

The grammar is a bit off so the persons English isn't overly great. Also, scammers do have the habit of saying god bless to you and your family at the end and always mention something to hurry you along like "as soon as possible", among other things they often come out with by default. Shipping is also one the commonest things that they use to scam you as well.

Also, they don't seem to care who they are sending Jennifer to. They just seem to be trying to offload double quick. If they were genuine, they'd be asking what sort of a home you could offer and being more sure as to where the dog was going to be going before thinking about shipping and all that.

critter crazy
01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
There are tons of scams around here, reguarding Bulldogs!! You see one on craigslist weekly!!:rolleyes:

Catlady711
01-20-2008, 09:57 PM
The grammar is a bit off so the persons English isn't overly great.

I didn't even read all the way through it and that was the very first thing that caught my attention. If someone want to make some money from something, the least they could do is use proper English and do a spell check. If not then I don't read any further.

Freedom
01-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Just a way to make a quick buck. There is NO dog, puppy, cat, pet of any sort. They just collect checks, money orders etc. We get them alot on craigslist here as well

buttercup132
01-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Just got a reply back from the Bulldog guy :rolleyes:

HELLO
THANKS FOR THE MAIL AND FOR YOUR INTEREST TOWARDS MY DARLINGS THEY ARE FOR FREE TO ANY WANT THAT IS WILLING TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM , THEY ARE TWO OF THEM ONE MALE AND ONE FEMALE .THE FEMALE IS CALLED VICKI AND THE MALE IS CALLED MINO,THEY ARE FROM THE SAME MOTHER ,WELL TAME AND TRAINED IN THE USDA STANDARD,AKC REGISTER AND VETS CHECKED .TO BEGIN I WILL START BY ASKING YOU SOME QUESTIONS .
-ARE YOU A BREEDER?
-DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
-ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY PUPPIES?
THEN HERE ARE MY REASONS FOR GIVING THEM OUT FOR FREE.I AM FROM NEW MEXICO AND I WORK WITH THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION(W.H.O).SO THEY SENT US AS A TEAM TO CAMEROON(WEST AFRICAN) TO ERADICATE THE MALARIA PARASITE THAT IS ATTACKING PREGNANT WOMEN.SO (http://women.so/) I WISH TO GIVE MY BABIES OUT BECAUSE THE WEATHER HERE IN CAMEROON IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THEM.
SECONDLY,I WORK 6 DAYS PER WEEK AND I HAVE ONLY SUNDAY TO TAKE CARE OF MY BABIES AND ON THAT SUNDAY I HAVE TO HAVE SOME REST.SO (http://rest.so/) YOU SEE I HAVE NO TIME TO TAKE CARE OF MY PUPPIES AND SO THIS TELS WHY I WANT TO GIVE THEM IMMEDEALLY FOR FREE TO SOMEONE BACK IN THE U.S.A WHO CAN TAKE GREAT CARE OF THEM AND THIS WILL ALSO HELP REDUCE THE WORK ON ME.
SO IF INTERESTED YOU CAN GET BACK TO ME WITH ALL THE ASSURANCE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE MY BABIES THE LOVE AND CARE THAT THEY WILL EVER NEED FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE,the only thing you will have to do here is for you to pay for their transportation and that will cost you $210 for the two puppies.OK SO IF YOU ARE OK THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO GET BACK TO ME WITH THIS INFOS BELOW SO THAT WE CAN PROCESS OR YOU CAN GIVE ME A CALL

FULL NAMES........................
COUNTRY.............................
HOUSE PHONE NUMBERS......................
CELL PHONE NUMBER.............
STREET ADDRESS............
NEAREST AIRPORT YOUR LOCATION SO WITH ALL THIS INFO I WILL GIVE TO THE AIRLINES FOR THE SHIPPING
THANK

WELOVESPUPPIES
01-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I emailed in one day four different people, a couple about chihuahuas and a couple about maltese and all four came back with a similar email about them being out of the country for one reason or another and now need to find homes for them. All had very poor grammar and all were about the money you would be sending them. Sad, some people just make me sick.