PDA

View Full Version : Got my new cam yesterday (Canon Powershot S5)!!!

Kirsten
01-20-2008, 07:51 AM
As you may know, my beloved Canon Powershot S2 broke last week, and I was devatstated. I sent it back to amazon, and they replaced it. As the S2 is no longer available, I got the full purchase price back and for that money, I was able to buy the Powershot S5.

Anyway, it arrived yesterday, and I played a lot with my new toy. Even though it resembles the S2 a lot, there are still things I have to learn about it, and I'm not quite familiar with it yet. I even had to reset the settings this morning because I messed it up big time! LOL Besides, it's dark and grey over here, not the best weather for outdoor shots, so my girls and Emma have been the only models I had.. I may post some pics later, but so far, I'm not too happy with the results. I don't like to use the flash, but the pictures get blurry when I don't use it. This worked better with my old cam, but like I said, the light over here is far from being perfect, so this might have a lot to do with it...

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
01-20-2008, 08:33 AM
I am sure you will have it figured out in no time and am looking forwards to the pictures.

That sure happened fast, between the breaking and replacing. That is what I call GREAT service!

Kirsten
01-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Yes, I'm very impressed with amazon's customer service, I never expected it to happen so fast!! :)

Kirsten

trayi52
01-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Glad you got your new camera, and that you are back in business.

I bet you are having fun with the new camera. Don't forget, you got to post some pictues now.

Willie :)

Barbara
01-20-2008, 02:53 PM
While I like all aspects of this story- where are the pics? Will I have to do with Luna and Lily in the cat calendar or are there new pics? ;) :p

Kirsten
01-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Okay, here are some pics (posted them in Cat General and Dog General as well).

Luna

http://www.catmom.de/pix/luna204.jpg

Lily

http://www.catmom.de/pix/lily229.jpg

Emma

http://www.catmom.de/pix/emmchen2a.jpg

No outdoor shots yet as it's been raining all weekend.

BTW, Barbara, as ironic as it seems, but the day Luna and Lily were in the cat caledar was the day my camera broke. It's wasn't a good day at all!! :eek:

Kirsten

Rachel
01-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh, wow! These pictures have to be the next best thing to meeting them in person. I can almost feel the whiskers. I think I know what I want for my next camera.

lizbud
01-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Well, it looks like you figured out the new camera quickly. :) These
photos of Emma & the kitties are great. :)

critter crazy
01-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh My!!! Gorgeous Pics!!!:eek:

krazyaboutkatz
01-20-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm glad to hear that you now have a camera again.:) The pictures are gorgeous.:)

Barbara
01-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Wow! What quality! Have to kiss the screen now :D

Killearn Kitties
01-21-2008, 02:58 AM
These are beautiful pictures! I really love the photo of Luna you have in your signature at the moment. What a beauty she is.

I'm pleased to hear that you got such good service from Amazon. That is always good to know.

Mycavyangels
01-21-2008, 04:06 AM
Wow Great pics :D

Kirsten
01-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks! :)

Well, I'm still not too happy about the fact that indoor shots don't seem to work without using the flash; but I have to admit the results with flash are not too bad, as I can dim the flash with the camera settings. That's great because otherwise the white spot around Luna's mouth would always be over-exposed (this always happened with the old cam).

I really love the photo of Luna you have in your signature at the moment.

Thanks! :) I like that picture, too. It's such a typical expression for Luna! There's so much softness and sweetness in her face, and I can still see much of the kitten she was when I look into her little face. :) I love her so much! :)

Kirsten