PDA

View Full Version : Not that I needed another kitty...but how could I say no to this??

Chinadoll
08-14-2002, 11:26 PM
http://a5.cpimg.com/image/79/88/12051065-36e2-01CE0200-.jpg

My mother brought him to me after she found him crying by her tire when she was leaving work. He's young and obviously some sort of persian. His name is Bixby. He's adorable and so sweet. I love his black nose and chin. Count as of now...3 kitties, 4 ferrets. I really mean no more pets this time!

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-14-2002, 11:28 PM
here comes one BIG FAT AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW for that little kitty!!!!!! :D HOW SUPER CUTE!!! How could anyone say no to him!!!! kisses, kisses and more ksses for Bixby

popcornbird
08-15-2002, 12:04 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! HE'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-15-2002, 12:38 AM
I wouldn't be able to say no either. :) He's a cutie pie. I love his name too. :D I bet he'll get along nicely with the other two. :)

Miss Meow
08-15-2002, 01:42 AM
Bixby is soooooooo sweet - I can see how you couldn't refuse! Hey, if you're feeding one mouth, it's not that much more to feed three! It'll be great to see your babies growing up.

Piglet
08-15-2002, 04:31 AM
He is such a sweetie!! I'm already curious how his fluffy coat will turn out as an adult!
Looks like your pet-household almost doubled in less than a month!!! :) :)
Hope that Bixby, GiGi and Scout will have lots of fun playing together. ;) Enjoy your kittens!

sasvermont
08-15-2002, 04:54 AM
Oh my, I would keep him too! Best to get him to the Vet for a check up, so that he doesn't infect the other kittens.....Does he look clean and healthy? Sure does look great in the photos.

What a sweet face and if he gets along with your other two (one loaner?) then, why sure, keep him!

Keep us posted!:cool:

yumyum6970
08-15-2002, 06:55 AM
HE IS SOOOO CUTE!!! LIKE THE NAME TOO :)

Ann
08-15-2002, 07:07 AM
Aaaaaawww, Bixby is adorable! Kudos to you for taking him in as well and having such a big heart :)

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 07:58 AM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW he is a cutie pie :) can i have him??
:p

08-15-2002, 08:03 AM
OMG !!!!!!!!!!
This is a extra-super-large overload of cuteness !!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww !!! I would say yes to this too !!!!

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 08:05 AM
PLZZ CAN I HAVE BIXBY???? :D

Chinadoll
08-15-2002, 08:33 AM
I am so naive! My mother came clean with me this morning. As much as I fell in love with Bixby last night, as soon as I picked him up I knew he was someone's kitten. He smelled as if he's been just washed and his nails had been clipped. In general, he looked very well cared for. When I expressed concern to my Mother, she told me that it couldn't have gotten lost from someone's house because the area she works in is all commercial...which is true, I've been there plenty times. She figured someone must have dumped him..Still, I made her promise to look for Lost signs and that we'd have to post Found signs.

So when I told her that this morning, she said, I have something to tell you. She saw him last week at a Lakeside Pets before they had even put them out. She spoke to the manager and said she wanted him, but he couldn't let her have him then because all animals in the petshop go into the vet and kittens are to be tested for FIV/FeLv, get their first shots, check for worms, get flea treated etc.. She has all the paperwork for me plus the certifivate for his next vet visit for free. She was finally able to pick Bixby up last night. She really wants to take him home with her, but my step-father can not stand cats plus my step-sister is asthmatic so they've never had a cat in the house. My mother knew the only way I'd have another kitten was if he was a rescue and that she found him. So that's why she told me she found him at her work.

*sigh* Bad Mommy! Now, I have another kitten that she bought for me.

Piglet
08-15-2002, 08:50 AM
OMG, your mom is so cunning!!! ;)
I suppose she didn't know you were getting GiGi when she decided to get another kitten from the petstore??
You were right to be suspicious, he doesn't look like a stray kitten at all!!! He's beautiful, I hope you can forgive your mom, she will have to promise to be your kittysitter for life!! :) :)

Chinadoll
08-15-2002, 09:07 AM
No...I can't be mad at mom, Bixby's just beautiful. Mom just exasperates me...geez 3 kitties, although Joey keeps saying he's taking Gigi to his house when she gets a little bigger. I don't want to let her go, but as much as I've tried to bond with her, she is such a spoiled Daddy's cat. Although I do think that she won't stay at his house for long becasue he'll eventually realize that he's gone to many hours of the day and that she needs her kitty friends...plus I think him having to scoop the kitty box everyday will get old really fast at his house.

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 09:36 AM
3 kitties?! lol i have 10 plus more at my grandparents farm and some babies out in the wooooooods lol im a ZOOOOOOO

NoahsMommy
08-15-2002, 11:40 AM
How cute!!! He is just adorable! How is he getting along with Scout and Gigi? Scout is the oldest, right? That is so fun! I LOVE having our three cats...such distinct personalities.

Your mom is funny!! I agree...she'll have to be the pet sitter from now on!! :)

Chinadoll
08-15-2002, 12:19 PM
Amazingly enough, they all get along. Scout is about 10 weeks older. When he is tired of playing with them, he hops up onto the highest perch of the cat post and watches them. Gigi accepted him right off. She kind of worried me because of her reaction to Scout at first, I was afraid she'd be a little priss to Bix. But, she loves him. I guess she wasn't intimidated like with Scout because they're about the same size. It is soooo cute to watch them play, like two big cotton balls rolling around on the floor!

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 12:23 PM
*KISSES GIGI KISSES BIX KISSES SCOUT* ME LOVES THEM LOL:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-15-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
she is such a spoiled Daddy's cat. Although I do think that she won't stay at his house for long becasue he'll eventually realize that he's gone to many hours of the day and that she needs her kitty friends...

Oh, oh....sounds like you might need just oooonnneee more. Wait, wait, don't hit me...I mean to go with Gigi when she leaves so she doesn't get bored. ;) ;) :D

I don't know if I could stand to come visit you because of all the cuteness in your house. Scout was cute enough as it is, then you (ok, your BF) goes and gets Gigi, and now little Bixby, my God, how can you stand to leave them and go to work! Your mom is a conniver, but she evidently knows you well (wouldn't take another unless it was a rescue) and she must have known you wanted one, not to mention that she wants one too.

What a full house you have now. Congratulations on your newest addition. :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-15-2002, 07:36 PM
I'm so glad that your Mom bought you another kitten. That way if Gigi really does end up moving out then Scout will still have a playmate. I'll say this again,Bixby is sooooo adorable. :)

shais_mom
08-16-2002, 12:17 AM
I agree Bixby is way to cute!!
But I am glad you story was happy instead of him really being in a tire, and that he has been checked out so he won't hurt the rest of your babies!
Congrats!

KittenCloudSprinkles
08-16-2002, 09:22 AM
I would have never been able to refuse! Aww how cute! :)

gini
08-16-2002, 09:58 AM
I like your Mom a whole bunch!

Tina
08-16-2002, 03:11 PM
Bixby is really cute!! He looks like a real sweet heart!http://www.plauder-smilies.de/love/llove.gif

lynnestankard
08-16-2002, 03:23 PM
YOUR MUM IS ONE IN A MILLION C.D.!! BIXBY IS GORGEOUS AND SO'S HIS NAME! (ANY OF THE OLDER PETTALKERS REMEMBER BILL BIXBY THE ACTOR - USED TO LOVE HIM!)
REMEMBER LOTS OF PICS., OF THE CUTE FURBALL!

LYNNE

NoahsMommy
08-16-2002, 03:29 PM
Chinadoll,
How are they all getting along today? Still doing well?

They sure are CUTE!! :D

wolf_Q
08-17-2002, 01:39 AM
AAAAAAAwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That has to be the cutest kitty I have ever seen! Those markings are incredible! And what a cute name! :D