PDA

View Full Version : Jealous kitty or not feeling well?

KittyCrazy
01-19-2008, 12:23 PM
I have just 1 cat, Molly. She is a 4 yr. old Siamese Ragdoll. Molly has never been a snuggly, cuddly kitty but she will occasionally sit on my lap for a little bit and let me pet her.....5 minutes tops. She LOVES to be petted when she's NOT being held though.

Then, about a week ago now, we got MIL a kitty from the Humane Assn. and I stop by the check on MIL every day and of coarse I have to cuddle and/or play with her new baby! :)

Well, the last few days Molly has been SUPER needy and affectionate and cuddly and keeps coming to me to be held and falls asleep in my arms. Could this all be from being jealous over the new kitty's smells on me? Might she just be saying, "Ok, ok.....I'll be more lovely dovey but PLEASE don't cheat on me by seeing another kitty behind my back!"? Or might this be a sign she's not feeling well? I kind of hate to take her to the vet and when they ask me what symptoms she has and say, "Well, she's being cuddly and loving". LOL

What do you think?

Laura's Babies
01-19-2008, 12:31 PM
It could be she has mellowed out due to age or it the new kitty smell. Everytime I hold another cat and come home, mine smell and smell me so they KNOW!

moosmom
01-19-2008, 01:39 PM
It's probably the scent of MIL's new kitty. Cats pick up on that stuff. Give her time.

catmandu
01-19-2008, 05:16 PM
ITS PROBABLY THAT MOLLYS A BIT JEALOUS AND MAYBE EVEN A BIT WORRIED THAT SHES NO LONGER AS LOVED AS SHE ONCE WAS.
I HAVE RAED THAT YOU SHOULD LAVISH YOUR ATTENTION ON MOLLY, SO THAT THE NEW CAT LOOKING FOR LOVE WILL TRY TO BE MOLLYS FRIEND AS WELL.
WE ARE PRAYING THAT THEY ARE A CAT DYNAMIC DUO SOON!!!!
:D :cool: :D :cool: