PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!

pitc9
01-19-2008, 09:30 AM
I fell today at work. I was walking in the shop and slipped on melted snow. :(
I fell forward and landed on my knees and my right elbow.
My fingers on my right hand are staring to get tingley now.
Not a good sign I'm sure.

Don't know really why I'm posting this... none of the guys here at work give a dang and I just wanted to vent.

Thanks.
:(

chocolatepuppy
01-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Ouch is right! Well we care here! ;) I hope your hand is ok.

Alysser
01-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Aww, I'm sorry. That sounds like something I do once a month.. :rolleyes: Did you skin your knee? Hope it feels better soon.

Freedom
01-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Ow is right! I 'felt' that! Do you have cup of warm cocoa to wrap your hand around? Oh wait, I think you ice it for the first 2 hours, THEN do the warm stuff. OK, do you have a can of soda to wrap your hand around?

What a way to start off your work day, so sorry! Hope the elbow feels better soon and the tingley feeling goes away.

lizbud
01-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Ouch is right! Well we care here! ;) I hope your hand is ok.

Yes, we do care here. :) Sorry about your fall. I hope there is no swelling
or other problems with your elbow,etc. Take care.

p.s. Two words to remember "workers comp" :)

Rachel
01-19-2008, 10:57 AM
p.s. Two words to remember "workers comp" :)

Yes, it wouldn't hurt to officially report your fall and if need be to be seen by a doctor. More likely than not you will not have any after effects, but the chance that you may speaks to making sure you have all your bases covered.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Poor you! Feel better soon

Pam
01-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh I know that hurt!!! A couple of years ago I slipped on ice in the parking lot at my work. I was carrying mail in my hand which I was going to take to the post office. Silly me, as I went down I held tight onto the mail (it was a windy day) which caused my elbow to go crashing into the parking lot (but the mail was intact :rolleyes: ). Within minutes I was in agony and, by the time I got home, I had a huge bubble at the end of my elbow. I went to the ER and it turned out that the bubble was blood :eek: which had formed and which was drawn off. The elbow was x-rayed and found to be cracked at the pointy part on the bottom. I never thought to report it to anyone but, rather, paid the Emergency Room co-pay. Looking back, I probably should have done otherwise. I hope you feel better. The tingly feeling is a concern to me. Maybe you should be checked out.

Chilli
01-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Ouch, indeed! I fall on pavement atleast weekly(not due to clumsiness, it just comes with the hobby), but it still sends shivers up my spine when I hear about other people falling.

Hopefully you get to feeling better soon! :)

K9karen
01-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Ah Geez. I feel your pain. Take it from an "expert" :rolleyes: tingly fingers/hand can indicate bruised nerves. If it continues, please go to the doc. Remember, anytime you fall at work, report it. If you ever, ever have to go on Workman's comp, it's on record. It doesn't mean you're "mad" at your bosses, you're entitled. It's taken out of your paycheck. Feel better. Hope you iced it

Medusa
01-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Well, that's no fun! Darned Ohio weather anyhow! Sure hope you're feeling better now and that you're taking it easy. Sending prayers that you heal quickly......

pitc9
01-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Thank you all SO much for your posts!!

After the shock and initial pain wore off, it's not too bad.
I have a few bruises... (left pinkie & both knees) but nothing that's going to stop me from working. (darn! ;) )