PDA

View Full Version : "Straying" Away from the Dog Theme Plate

dukedogsmom
01-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I got a gift card to a different pottery place for Christmas. I wanted to do something different. For a while, I just sat and stared at the blank plate before me. Then, I thought it would be neat to have a bunch of multi-colored stripes. The rectangles were an afterthought. That's why the paint shows through them :( I really wish I'd thought of the whole design before hand. The next one, I'm going to draw it all out ahead of time and be sure to use plenty of paint. Some of the colors aren't as solid as I'd like them to be. I think I'll make the next one with stripes and lots of different colored and sized circles. I'm pretty pleased with this plate, anyway. It kind of reminds me of stained glass.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/011807_1.jpg

AlleyCat
01-18-2008, 05:49 PM
that is very cool !!! I love it even with the "afterthought" - it is still YOUR own creative, unique plate! :)

joycenalex
01-18-2008, 06:37 PM
donna, that is very pretty :) *Psssst* My name is Val
:eek: :o :o :o it still is pretty...oops

cyber-sibes
01-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Nice, Donna. Actually the transparent stuff works well - gives it some dimension. I used to design ceramics projects for the company that makes the glazes for those ceramic studios. Seeing you post your projects makes me wish my kiln was hooked up again! Have fun!

Queen of Poop
01-18-2008, 09:20 PM
What an awesome plate!!!!

Laura's Babies
01-18-2008, 10:19 PM
I love the colors in it too! I like unique things like that.

dukedogsmom
01-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks a lot! *Psssst* My name is Val :)

pitc9
01-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Oh Val... I love it!

I love bold colors like that!
You've really got a knack (nack..??) for that stuff!

and ha ha for the "straying" away.. lol!!! :D

moosmom
01-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Val, that is so cool!!! I love doing pottery. They had alot of those kinds of shops in Michigan. Haven't seen any in Ct yet. I'd love to get back into ceramics. It was fun. I used to do it alot when I was married.

slleipnir
01-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Awesome, Val! like always :D

Catsnclay
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Have you ever thought of making your creations from - SCRATCH ????

I have nothing against these 'paint it yourself' places, but you seem creative enough, you need to find a traditional ceramic store or a local potter that will teach you how to make it from the clay on up.

If you need some help, please PM me for other ideas.

Hope you get your hands in the mud soon - you don't know what you are missing!!!

cloverfdx
01-22-2008, 08:52 AM
I love it Val, very creative.. the colours are great :D.

ChrisH
01-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Love it, Val! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/ten.gif