PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Springs German Shepherds

Sevaede
01-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Hidden Springs is a local breeder of German Shepherds. They are, also, a boarding facility. I was wondering if anyone knows or has heard anything about the quality of their overall operation. :) My next dog will definitely be from the local shelter but I'd still like to get a good idea of this place.... just in case, one day. ;)

Falconara
01-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Do they have a website I could maybe look at?

~Cate

Giselle
01-18-2008, 11:03 PM
If they health test, if they prove their dogs either in the field or in the ring (preferably both, especially for breeds like GSDs), if they provide a lifetime guarantee, if they have no history of genetic health disorders in their dogs' pedigrees, if they can provide you with lifetime support, and if they rescue or otherwise endorse rescuing, chances are you're on the right track.

However, I must say that GSDs aren't in good shape overall. Demand to see an extensive pedigree and ask the breeder to point out any dogs with poor hips or elbows or other heath disorders. Some breeders will allow their dogs to throw a few dysplastic pups and call it "flukes". I differ in opinion, and I probably wouldn't go to a breeder who allowed that. JMO.

Falconara
01-19-2008, 07:37 AM
It looks like they are mostly Ambred showline dogs from what I could tell...I couldnt find a website though.

With the showline dogs I would go to meet the parents and the pups to check out the nerves...also...you want to have a look at the structure.

If you want a more athletic dog I would probably go with a working line breeder...they will usually have some lesser drive pups in their litters along with the higher drive pups.

What exactly are you looking to get the GSD for...what kind of temperment...energy level, etc...

~Cate