PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I need some help here! ACK!!!

KittyCrazy
01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
MIL's kitty, Misty, came home today after being spayed yesterday. Well, she's apparently feeling FINE because she doesn't seem to act like anything even happened to her. Well, we were told to keep her quiet and confined to an area where she won't be running & jumping for a few days while she heals. So, we put her in the master bath which has a 10x8 heated, carpeted walk-in closet attached to it with a plush bed made out of flannel sheets and baby blankets.

She does NOT want to stay in there and wants to be out to play and cuddle with the old lady that adopted her and she keeps JUMPING UP at the door knob! UGH!!! So, are we better off just letting her out if she's going to be doing that? What else can I try?

Fuzzybuns
01-17-2008, 10:50 PM
If it were me, I'd let her out. She doesn't have other animals, or small children (??) to contend with so I'd let her get comfy and then I'd try not to disturb her or pique her interest too much.
She just wants to get to her momma...

Craftlady
01-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Keeping them "quiet & confined" is pretty hard to do. Unless they are feeling really crummy.

I would let her out keep an eye on her. Misty seems to be doing just fine.

Medusa
01-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Yeah, let her out. She's well enough to act up, so she's well enough to be let out w/the family.

Freedom
01-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Ha ha haa, another one who never read the vet's book! :rolleyes: Let her out. Just don't play with dangle toys or toss a catnip mouse for a few days, give her sometime to heal. If she hops in MIL's lap for a nap, so be it. Healing is often done with a snuggle!

Laura's Babies
01-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Let her out! She will be fine! I think I warned you they would tell you that and she would want to play and carry on as if things were normal. Just let her out and just watch her, they seem to recover a lot faster than us humans after surgery like that.

KittyCrazy
01-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Ok, thanks everyone! Geez! These kitty cats are worse than having a human toddler! LOL

kuhio98
01-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Yep, let her out. She'll be fine.
My sister once trapped a stray and took him (Seymour) to be spayed. The vet said he would be tired and out of it and to keep him confined for the weekend. We set up the master bathroom for him so he wouldn't want for anything. After 5 minutes, we heard a crash and went to check. He had jumped up to the bathroom window (about 4 ft up) and forced it open and escaped to the backyard. He came back a few days later and never left.

Lizzie
01-18-2008, 12:50 PM
The last litter of kittens I fostered this past autumn were all spayed and neutered on the same day. I expected the males to act as though nothing had happened but was shocked when I realized the female kittens were wrestling alongside them that evening. I just let them be, but kept checking their wound sites (tiny these days) and they were fine.

catmandu
01-18-2008, 06:24 PM
MISTY SOUNDS JUST LIKE MY SCRAPPY 2 WHEN SHE CAME BACK FROM BEING SPAYED AND LOSING HER KITTEN.
SHE WAS MEEEWING TO GET OUT AND THE OTHER FOUND CATS WERE MEEEOOOWING AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOR TO SEE HER!!!
AND EVERYTHING WAS FINE AFTER THAT!!!!
I WONDER WHEN SHE RACES AROUND LIKE A LUNATIC WHETHER THEY REGRET THIER DECISION.
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

KittyCrazy
01-18-2008, 09:14 PM
We let Misty out and overall she's been pretty good. She's mostly been sleeping by MIL's feet or on the guest bed. :)

catmandu
01-19-2008, 09:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1040.jpg
Scrappy 2 meeting Bo Bo for the first time, nose to nose.
Michaels not all that concerned with his new friend!!
And meeting her Old Porch Pal Ragnar!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos929.jpg
And as part of the Lucky Found Cat Pile Up!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1161.jpgIt gives me LES when I see the Cats who are now Angels, in Three Years!!