PDA

View Full Version : Didn't have my biopsy today...

Donnaj4962
01-17-2008, 06:04 PM
As some of you know, I was scheduled to have a breast biopsy today. (My mammogram last week showed a mass on my right breast.) I got a call this morning that the doctor who was to perform the biopsy felt that I should have a different procedure. Instead of an ultrasound biopsy, they will do a stereotactic biopsy. This will be done with a computer, and is more precise and accurate. Unfortunately, they cannot do it until next Monday, as it has to be done at the hospital. There is only one hospital in town that has the equipment to do this.

So my nightmare continues for a few more days. :(

Thank you to those who have been praying for me and keeping me in your thoughts. If you could, keep them coming for a few more days.

Medusa
01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
We pray without ceasing......

carole
01-17-2008, 07:30 PM
So sorry to hear you have to wait further,it is the waiting game that is so hard isn't it? i hope the new biopsy procedure is better for you and more reliable, still thinking of you and wishing for the all clear, in the meantime take care of yourself. :)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GJ-Hugs01.gif

http://www.gjdesigns.dk

K9karen
01-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Endless prayers from me too.

Karen
01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Prayers still on the way.

slick
01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
I know only too well about the waiting game. In actual fact, the waiting to get tests done and waiting for test results to come in was worse than my surgery itself. Hang in there dear girl. When it's all said and done and it turns out to be nothing sinister, you'll be so relieved....and so will we!!!!

joycenalex
01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
prayers still on the way. and from my work experience, wear warm socks, and maybe sweat pants, so you can stay a bit warmer. ((HUGS))

Catty1
01-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Prayers here, too.

I don't know which is worse - having had the first ultrasound, and THEN needing to be sent for the stereotatic one...or waiting and getting the stereotatic one...

If you are feeling the least bit like it that day, why not show up wearing 'stereo' headphones? ;)

HUGS!

krazyaboutkatz
01-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Pawsitive Thinking
01-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Adding my prayers and best wishes

Donnaj4962
01-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and reassurances. I am doing what I can to keep a sense of humor about this whole ordeal, while being terrified deep inside!

It is going to be a long weekend. Thankfully, I have plans for most of it, so that should help.

Rachel
01-19-2008, 08:07 AM
As long as you have to go through this *precise and accurate* is the way to go, even if it means a longer wait. I certainly understand about being terrified, but please hold on to the thought that this still can be a benign lump.

gini
01-19-2008, 12:52 PM
I am happy that you have plans this weekend to keep your mind occupied.

You have my prayers too.

CountryWolf07
01-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Prayers are sent to you from Ohio.

NoahsMommy
01-19-2008, 02:38 PM
I know it'll be very, very hard to shut off the worry and the fear. But at least know that it's 100% NORMAL that you feel these emotions. First, you've never had the "pleasure" of having them done and that naturally would make ANYONE anxious. Second, you have a fear about WHAT this test will reveal, and that too, would make anyone anxious as well.

The GOOD things here are, your doctor wants to be CERTAIN that whatever the results are, they are 100% accurate. That is a very good thing and it shows your doctor CARES. Having a kind, educated doctor is an excellent thing to have regardless of the results.

Results that we're all praying are negative for anything bad or scary for you. If at any time until your test you start to feel overwhelmed, just remember that you have a LOT of people that, although may not know you well, care a ton and will be here no matter what. When the fear comes lurking this weekend, visualize yourself PUSHING it away...that really helps me when I'm scared about my health tests and procedures.

Lots of Prayers heading your way...

Hugs,
Kelly & Fuzzballs :)

kimlovescats
01-19-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree that the fact that your doctor is doing a more accurate test is a great thing! I know the extra wait is very hard, I am THE most impatient person in the world! Prayers still coming that everything comes back clear and you can distract yourself from being consumed with worry over the next week!

Hugs,
Kim