PDA

View Full Version : Puppy in disgusting abuse case finds home....

moosmom
01-17-2008, 10:00 AM
CAUTION - GRAPHICS

A puppy whose mother was abused by hole drilled in her head finds a home.

PLAINVILLE — - Police have found a new home for a pit bull puppy whose mother was euthanized on Sunday because a man had made holes in the dog's head with a power drill.

The 4-month old puppy, whose former owner had named it Coffee, was taken from the home of Enrique and Severino Cruz on Sunday. On Tuesday, town Animal Control Officer Gabrielle Paciotti said a family from Portland is adopting the puppy. The police had put out calls for someone to adopt the puppy and Paciotti said the new owners are expected to take the dog home on Saturday.

Severino Cruz is accused of drilling holes in the mother dog's head because she bit his son.

Enrique Cruz owned both dogs and said on Tuesday he was so upset by what happened that he wanted police to take the puppy. Police Capt. Peter Costanzo said officers were worried about the dog because it appeared to be malnourished and neglected, something Cruz disputes.

The pit bull that was euthanized was named Baby and was a little more than a year old. Enrique Cruz said the two dogs were friendly animals that frequently played with his cousin Severino's children.

Cruz said his two nephews were playing with the dogs on Sunday. He said Coffee jumped on top of the younger child and that the older nephew, Nick, tried to pull the puppy off him. As Nick did that, Baby ran up to him and bit the 8-year-old boy on his arm.

Severino was not home when this happened, and Enrique took his nephew to the hospital. In the meantime, Severino learned what had happened and went to the house. There, Costanzo said, he used a power drill to bore several holes in Baby's head. He then went to the hospital to check on his son, Costanzo said.

Enrique Cruz said he left his nephew at the hospital and was going to meet police at the house to describe what happened. When he got there he found Baby badly injured. Police went back to the hospital where they found Severino Cruz, who had blood on his hands and clothing. Enrique Cruz said police also found a drill in his cousin's truck.

Enrique and Severino Cruz, both of 346 Farmington Ave., are charged with cruelty to animals. But Enrique Cruz said he is not angry at his cousin.

But Enrique Cruz said he is not angry at his cousin

Well gee, doesn't that make him sleep well at night. UGH!!!! There are certain PEOPLE who have no business owning pets let alone procreating. This is a PERFECT example. UGH :mad: :mad: It also shows the stupidity of these people.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-17-2008, 10:16 AM
But Enrique Cruz said he is not angry at his cousin.

:mad: :mad: :mad: I feel like taking that drill to both of them!!! that poor dog :(

K9karen
01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Bleh. Sorry I read this. The vision in my head won't go away.

Sevaede
01-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Bleh. Sorry I read this. The vision in my head won't go away.

Agreed.

R.I.P. You poor, sweet dog. :(

Laura's Babies
01-18-2008, 08:28 AM
That is HORRID!!! That poor dog! RIP Baby!

pitc9
01-18-2008, 09:44 AM
OMG!! :mad:
RIP Baby.