PDA

View Full Version : Rat Pictures!!!

Christmas_Hamster
01-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Jazz was being coote so pics!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/Bobbyo2/bobbyo2new/DSCF1507.jpg
Hewo humuns and watties on the internet thingy!
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/Bobbyo2/bobbyo2new/DSCF1500.jpg
Dez ables to sees me on de internet thingy? Must be vewy clean den!

Marigold2
01-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Hello Precious. What a cute little rattie. I wish more people know the joys of owning these wonderful pets.

Christmas_Hamster
01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Me too. I went to school and had to explain why I had scratches up and down my arm and when I told them that my rats get scared during their bath and climb my arm many people were very rude about it while others just were completly stunned that I kept rats as...pets. >.>

C=

Muddy4paws
01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Gorgeous girlys.

I often get asked about the scratches too. I have been quite suprised that ppl are normally quite interested rather than disgusted with them. I take my boys to work with me most days so plenty of people get to see them. Must admit I do get strange looks when i bath them at work, People look through the window and expect to see a dog in the bath but see a rat making its way (painfully!) up my arm :D

3muttsandaboston
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
How cute! I almost brought home a pair of male rats today a hairless dumbo and a hooded dumbo.

Chilli
01-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Aww, there is that girl of yours! She is such a camera ham. :D

I couldn't help but giggle when I read about your classmates' reaction to the scratches. Just the other day I was eating breakfast at school when a kid overheard my friend(another rat owner, he owns two gorgeous girls) & I talking about our "kids". Out of nowhere, this kid went into the typical spill about how rats "have diseases" and such.
I can't even tell you how often my friend & I have had to educate others about how domestic rats don't carry diseases and are actually quite clean. I don't get tired of educating the masses, though. :]

Christmas_Hamster
01-17-2008, 08:58 PM
No one at shcool has told me about diseases yet but I have had an elderly lady ask me and she wlaked off in a huff when I corrected her, lol.

I have had posistive reactions to when I took my rats outside during the summer. One little girl was having fun asking me about rats. The one question that she did keep asking even if i answered her was 'can you hold them?'.

3muttsandaboston: and you didn't because? :p *hairless=love*

3muttsandaboston
01-18-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm going to get a pair very very soon...I think I didn't get them because they are just so expensive at petsmart ($13.99)...When I get them I will get some from my local mom and pop store. The ones there are all young and destined for snake food...They usually have lots of dumbos and hairless there so that won't be a problem either.

Christmas_Hamster
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Oh I see. Well all that matters is that there will be rats that are loved unlike so many are. :(