PDA

View Full Version : Veterinarian to be sentenced ...

kimlovescats
01-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Veterinarian To Receive Sentencing

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7687122

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Sumner County veterinarian accused of inhumanely putting down thousands of unwanted shelter animals will be in court Wednesday.

Dr. William Baber faces 12 misdemeanor charges stemming from the way he put the animals down.

Baber injected the drugs directly into the animals' hearts, which is a method that is against Tennessee state law.

If convicted, Baber faces anywhere from 11 months and 29 days in jail for each offense or as little as probation.

Let's pray this lousy excuse for a vet gets the maximum penalty!!! :mad:

lvpets2002
01-16-2008, 12:45 PM
:( :mad: How so Horrible.. It sounds like he will Not Serve Much Time In Jail.. Talking about just spanking his hand.. GRRRR

moosmom
01-16-2008, 02:22 PM
I feel sick!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I hope they throw the book at him.

Oh GOD do I feel sick!!! :(

pitc9
01-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh how sad..... :(

Did he loose his license to practice? GAWD I hope so!

*LabLoverKEB*
01-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh my gawd.... how horrible and cruel can a person be?? Especially a veternarian?? Come on now... :mad: I too hope that this guy gets the maximum penalty...

animalcraker
01-17-2008, 02:43 AM
A heart stick is not an uncommon meathod used to humanely euthanize animals. You have to use a heart stick on the really small pocket pets like rats and hamsters since it is imposible to do it IV no matter how small your needle is. I've seen a heart stick used on cats 2 times, both times the cats were too dehydrated and didn't have enough blood presure to get a vein. I don't really see how they are calling him inhumane except for the fact that it's against the law to use a heart stick in TN.

lute
01-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't even think I've even heard of this form of euthinasia. It sounds more inhumane then injection into a vein, but I don't know exactly how this is done.

Felicia's Mom
01-17-2008, 10:46 PM
:mad: That is so sad.:(

Giselle
01-18-2008, 12:25 AM
But if the animals have palpable veins, then I'm sure euthanasia by injection of the heart is not necessary. Of course, we only hear one side of the story. I'll try to refrain from judging until I know more. Who knows? The animals he received may very well have been in dire shape and the injection was absolutely necessary. But, the media only tells us so much.

animalcraker
01-18-2008, 04:48 PM
But if the animals have palpable veins, then I'm sure euthanasia by injection of the heart is not necessary. Of course, we only hear one side of the story. I'll try to refrain from judging until I know more. Who knows? The animals he received may very well have been in dire shape and the injection was absolutely necessary. But, the media only tells us so much.

Agrees if they had a vein to use then he should have used that first, but then again we are only getting one side of the story. For those who don't know a heart stick is where you insert a needle directly into the heart. You can use it for euthanasia or to get blood from an animal that is otherwise imposible to get blood from. It is by no means a prefered way to do things but it is very effective if you have to use it. And the euthasol "pink stuff" is a very quick drug, normally most pets are completely gone before the vet has finished admistering the entire amount.

Another thing to note is that a heart stick is no where as inhumane as a gas chamber is for dogs. And gasing is a much more common technique. You can you tube tons of videos showing animals being crambed into gas chambers. And those animals who were unforutnate enough to be in the middle of the pile to not receive enough gas or me suffocated by the lack of oxygen, will be clubed to death with a swift blow to the head.