PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me?

KittyKats10
08-14-2002, 07:18 PM
My kitten isnt a real person kitty but hes real playful anyone know how to make him love me? he is young but he just doesnt love me alot plz help me make him loveing

Dogz
08-14-2002, 08:02 PM
I don't know how to help you, but I will try my hardest.
Do you know why he dosen't like you?
Well, first try sitting down in a chair, and call your kittens name just to see if he/she will come to you, and have food on hand. If he/she comes give your kitten the food, and then pet he/she really soft. If your kitten dosen't come try walking really slow up to him/her. Give your kitten extra attention, and if that dosen't work leave he/she alone for a little while to see if your kitten will come for attention.
I hope this helps!
Good Luck, and keep us posted!

KittyKats10
08-14-2002, 08:03 PM
thx ill try that and i will get posted :D

NoahsMommy
08-14-2002, 11:02 PM
How old is your cat? How long have you had him? Some cats aren't very affectionate...but I am sure there are ways to get you cat to know you better. I know that when I spend extra time with one of our cats (like Noel yesterday) they start to take much more of an interest in me. They also like it if you talk to them...I swear they listen to whatever I talk to them about, it's so cute!

Good luck!

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 07:52 AM
*sigh* we have had him from the time he was born and he is about 2 months now :rolleyes: and he has a sad story to his live

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 11:31 AM
it didnt work to good he stayed for about 5mins then left :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-15-2002, 12:29 PM
Kittens are very active, especially a two month old one. Don't try and force him to do anything he doesn't want because that will only alienate him from you. My best advice is to enjoy all the kitty antics while he's young and the snuggling will come as he gets older and settles down a little.

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 12:31 PM
LOL but he runs when he sees me i dont want him running from me :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-15-2002, 12:47 PM
Don't be aggressive with him and if he runs, don't try and catch him to force him to come by you. This will only make him more scared and determined to get away from you. Just be gentle and sweet, talk in a soft voice to him. Slowly walk up to him, then bend down to get more on his level - you're a huge thing to a little 2 month old kitten - and extend one finger. Let him sniff it a little and try and reach out to pet him - slowly. Whatever you do while doing this, DO NOT just quickly reach out and grab or he will know next time not to fall for it. Just be gentle and move slow and eventually he'll come around.

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 12:48 PM
i do that all the time but he still runs :confused:

NoahsMommy
08-15-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by KittyKats10
i do that all the time but he still runs :confused:

If you kitty is still afraid of you and you are doing what Tubby & Peanut's Mom says, then you may have another problem.

Do you have any other animals? How many people live in your home?

I am wondering if your kitty doesn't feel safe yet. Does kitty have an area all to itself where it can be alone and quiet? How long ago did you get him?

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 03:13 PM
yes i have other animals 5ppl in my house we have had him from when he was born and i dont know if he has somewhere to be by hisself i dont STALK MY KITTY LIKE MY DOG :D

NoahsMommy
08-15-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by KittyKats10
yes i have other animals 5ppl in my house we have had him from when he was born and i dont know if he has somewhere to be by hisself i dont STALK MY KITTY LIKE MY DOG :D

That could be one of your problems. Kittens need to have a quiet rom, a place to be by themselves and feel safe. With people and an interested dog in the house, your kitten may not have his own place. He may not feel safe around people or animals...is there a room you could give to him that is quiet? Our new kitten is in our walk-in closet. You can see it in the last picture of my signature...

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 07:09 PM
they all live outside not the humans lol :D

NoahsMommy
08-16-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

That could be one of your problems. Kittens need to have a quiet rom, a place to be by themselves and feel safe. With people and an interested dog in the house, your kitten may not have his own place. He may not feel safe around people or animals...is there a room you could give to him that is quiet? Our new kitten is in our walk-in closet. You can see it in the last picture of my signature...

catland
08-16-2002, 12:59 PM
One way to give your kitty an instant "home" is with an upside down cardboard box with just a little hole cut in it for the kitty to get in and out. This can be his own little "cave" that is his safe place.

Since this kitty sounds kind of scared, you have to work slowly with him. Talk to him softly and gently. One great kitty toy is a feather stick (feathers tied to a stick that you hold). You can begin to play with you kitty with this, or even a piece of string so that the kitty starts realizing that you and play are the same thing.

Most of all, be patient. Just like humans, every kitty has their own personality and needs. Some kitties never become true lap cats, but with a lot of patience and love, your kitty can become friendlier to you and a wonderful friend.

good luck.

Dobie Lover
08-16-2002, 01:39 PM
hey, i need help w/ my cat. she is a wounderful cat and i lov her soo much but she always is pullin out her fur. i don't understand why? :confused: she pulls it out from her legs, and stomach. if anybody knows why she might be doin this or what u can do to stop her plz e-mail me at [email protected] or put up a resonse also u can also try to im me at lovdobs4lfe~! plz help.....thanx~!

Dobie Lover
08-16-2002, 01:40 PM
hey, i need help w/ my cat. she is a wounderful cat and i lov her soo much but she always is pullin out her fur and it is soo ugly~! i don't understand why? :confused: she pulls it out from her legs, and stomach. if anybody knows why she might be doin this or what u can do to stop her plz e-mail me at [email protected] or put up a resonse also u can also try to im me at lovdobs4lfe~! plz help.....thanx~!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-16-2002, 01:46 PM
Dobie Lover, you might want to take your cat to the vet. My Peanut was doing the ssme thing and it turns out she has allergies. Kitties sometimes do this when they are under stress too, but I'd take her to the vet to make sure.

Dobie Lover
08-16-2002, 01:48 PM
ok thanx a lot Tubby & Peanut's Mom ~!