PDA

View Full Version : My green plant...

Randi
01-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Well, I have lots more, but this one I really like. They had lots of them where I worked a few years ago, and when I left, they said, cut some off and take home, you just put them right into the soil, you don't have to put them in water first. So I did, and last spring new shoots came up. :) I hope they will this year too - my sister wants one.

Do any of you know what they're called?

kimlovescats
01-15-2008, 11:43 AM
Don't know what it is, but it's lovely! I love plants that are so easy to re-root! ;)

M&M's Mommy
01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't know what it's called in English, but in Vietnamese, it's called "the money tree". It's believed to bring good luck to those who have it. It is usually given it as gift to businesses that are newly open, or house-warming to wish the host luck.

Lizzie
01-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I thought the money tree plant had lobed leaves. The leaves of this plant make me think of a laurel, of which there are many varieties. It certainly looks very vigorous.

Pam
01-15-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't know the name of the plant but it does seem that you have a green thumb. :) I am also amazed that Fister has not destroyed it. Apparently he is much better behaved than my two around plants. I have only one plant in my kitchen now and they leave it alone (all others have had to be discarded). It is an aloe plant and I guess is just not tempting enough to bother with. :rolleyes:

Randi
01-15-2008, 03:09 PM
It's believed to bring good luck to those who have it.
Oh, if only!! :D Whatever the plant is called, I like it. The ones at work was huge, so I'm not sure what to expect. I do have a very light flat, so it will probably grow and grow.

Pam, it's amazing, Fister is not interested in my plants at all, only when I get new one, he will sniff it and then leave it alone. :)

There's one plant I can't seem to keep alive, that's an olive tree.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Does this plant get flowers? Or is it staying all green?? :confused:

Randi
01-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Does this plant get flowers? Or is it staying all green?? :confused:
I don't know yet - we'll see! Wouldn't that be nice! :)