PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Bunny Button

K & L
01-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Sadly Bunny Button took his last breath at the vets this afternoon. The grandkids, along with us, are taking this very hard. A tribute to Button's short, but good life.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/Houseofcats/100_0790.jpg?t=1200358280
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/Houseofcats/100_0814.jpg?t=1200358346
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/Houseofcats/100_0880.jpg?t=1200358415
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/Houseofcats/100_0892.jpg?t=1200358474
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/Houseofcats/100_0967.jpg?t=1200358521

RIP little one...we miss you!

jenluckenbach
01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
OMG! I am heartbroken. :( :( :( And yet, that baby bunny had a life 1000% better than he would have had at the park. His soul will stay with you forever!

And please remember, bunnies are very delicate. When we raised rabbits many years ago, we learned just how fast they can become sick and die.

So cherish those memories of precious bunny Button free from guilt.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

jennielynn1970
01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Sweet Bunny Button... you made such an impact here on PT in your short time. We'll all be missing you, but hope that you are feeling much better and are not in any pain now at The Bridge.

Big hugs and thoughts going out to your family. Be sure to watch over them... they're missing you so much!

kt_luvs_kitties
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
I am so very sorry :(

Rip Bunny Button. You were much loved on Pet Talk, and even moreso by your family.

Bunnies can take a turn for the worst VERY fast. Please dont feel guilty, or that you missed signs... You gave Buttons a wonderful life, and no matter how short her life was, she will be with you forever. *HUGS* Kt and kitties

K & L
01-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks Everyone! It's so hard to believe he declined so rapidly, and no matter what we did. The vet did reassure us we did everything possible. I just can't help wondering what happened. *sigh* at least he did have a good life even if it was so short. Again thank you and we appreciate it.

Karen
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Rest in peace, Bunny Button. You taught everyone so much during your time on earth, that your legacy will live on a good long time.

Now, you go look for Miss Sophie - she's a spunky little black bunny girl with floppy ears - she's been there a while, and will show you where the best clover and parsley grow there, okay? Denver got there not too long ago, tell him we all say hello!

AbbyMom
01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm so sorry.

RIP Little Bunny Button. You charmed me and many others with your friendly cute ways. I'm so happy you found your mom and dad, fur brothers and sisters to stay with, even if it was for a short while.

sasvermont
01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Play hard at the bridge. I hope BB gets to meet Denver, my bunny boy.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((K & L))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

RedHedd
01-14-2008, 09:11 PM
:( RIP Bunny Button. You were with us far too short a time. Hop hard at the bridge and give my Mishi a binky or two or three. You will be missed.

Marigold2
01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
I am so sorry....................................

Catty1
01-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Lisa and Kevin...you did everything you could... {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Bless little Button Bunny. How many bunnies are lucky enough to have their own personal grooming team? ;)

Have a hoppity time at the Bridge with the other bunnies, sweet one.

shais_mom
01-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Oh Lisa - I'm so sorry.
He was just gorgeous.
Godspeed little Bunny Button.
(hugs)

gini
01-14-2008, 11:31 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. But it seems he had the very best life with you and I know he is grateful for that.

Rest in peace sweet Button. You will be missed.

andrea2712
01-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I'm wishing you a ton of strength, peace and love. I'm sure your heart and mind are full of good memories which will never leave you.

krazyaboutkatz
01-15-2008, 12:57 AM
Lisa and Kevin, I'm so sorry to hear about Button's passing.:( He had a wonderful life with you and I'm glad that we got to meet him through PT. Now he's hopping around up at the Bridge and most likely playing with all of the cats. RIP sweet Button.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Freedom
01-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Lisa and Kevin, so very sorry to be reading this. I can't do much but repeat others: he was SO loved by all on PT; he had a much better life with you than he would have had at the park; he touched so many, and left a wonderful legacy for his short time here. And remember: HE picked YOU; well, he picked Kevin, lol! Remember the smiles and laughter and fun he brought. RIP Bunny Button.

Felicia's Mom
01-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Play hard at the Bridge, Bunny Button!

K & L
01-15-2008, 09:02 AM
The granddaughters are taking this VERY hard. One called this morning crying because she saw a picture of him. The youngest one (8 years) shocked me...she said last night Bunny Button laughed told her he found his parents. She had told me other things before like the cats have told her something, but I thought this was very weird, but in a very good way.

I have to say he was a fun bunny. He brought us a lot of laughter and they way he mingled with the cats was unbelievable, and they way the cats accepted him.

I sure missed feeding him this morning. :(

kimlovescats
01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh Lisa, I am so very sorry to read this! :( You did absolutely everything you could have done! Just think how wonderful you made his last days instead of him being left to fend for himself in the park!

((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Kim

K & L
01-15-2008, 03:06 PM
I found this today and it makes me wonder? Bunny Button did have an abscess!

Pasteurellosis: A highly contagious illness among rabbits caused by a bacterial infection that can rapidly lead to a rabbit's death. The symptoms can include white or yellow discharge from the nose, runny eyes, frequent sneezing, coughing, and difficulty breathing. Often a rabbit with Pasteurellosis will have matted, crusty fur on the front paws from attempting to wipe away the discharge from the nose. Pasteurellosis usually starts as an infection in the sinuses and can spread to the eyes or organs elsewhere in the body, encourage pneumonia, cause abscesses particularly in head and jaw, and infect the inner ear, causing the head to tilt. Pasteurellosis is caused by the Pasteurella Multocid organism, which is thought to reside naturally in most rabbits' sinuses but can multiply under certain conditions--such as in stressful situations or in older rabbits or very young ones--and cause illness and death. Pasteurellosis can be difficult to treat. Sometimes what appears as Pasteurellosis is actually a cold or another bacterial infection, which is generally treatable. Also called Pasteurella or snuffles.

buttercup132
01-15-2008, 03:15 PM
R.I.P little bunny.
It's so hard with bunnies, once you see the signs (like not eating ro acting normal) they go down hill SO fast and usually never make it back up.
They are one of the hardest pets to keep well as so many things can happen to them and take their lives way too soon.

ramanth
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Oh how sad. :( :( Rip Bunny Button.

Aspen and Misty
01-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Rest in Peace sweet little guy, may you find all the Parsley you can eat and enjoy running around doing Binkies. You will be deeply missed by your family and those who only got to know you through stories and pictures.

I will be praying for your family during this hard time, the little guys really do become a huge part of our hearts.

Ashley

Barbara
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I am very sorry for cute little Button. I hope he can play at the bridge with all the other bunnies and even the kitties.

zippy-kat
01-16-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. You did your best and I'm sure Bunny Button did find his parents across the bridge. {{hugs}}