PDA

View Full Version : Pole mounted sattelite issues

Sirrahsim
01-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Recently our signal started to fade and then it died completely. We discovered that the pole itself is actually leaning a few degrees. The thing was supposed to be cemented into the ground but I don't see how that's possible since it is now leaning far enough to mess up the allignment and lose the signal. If I stand out there and hold it up the signal is perfect :rolleyes:
I called up Dish Network and they want $100 just to come look at the thing :eek: :eek: Is that ridiculous? Do I have the right to refuse to pay because the only reason it is leaning is because they didn't install it properly?? I have it propped up with some sticks right now but those will blow away with the first windy day. What do you think??

Craftlady
01-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I would ask to speak to a supervisior.

smokey the elder
01-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Get DirecTV :p . (J/k.)

catnapper
01-15-2008, 07:29 AM
We left Dish Network for the same reason. Ours was mounted to the house and a storm knocked it loose.... it wasn't even a particularly strong storm, just your run-of-the-mill thunderstorm. We called and they also wanted $100 to fix it. I told them they could keep their TV service because we were going back to cable. Haven't regretted that decision since.

As for them not installing it properly, THEY didn't install it, a subcontractor did. If you still have your receipt from the installation, you might try calling the subcontractor and making them come out to fix their shoddy work for free.