PDA

View Full Version : Pulled knee ligament anyone?

Daisy and Delilah
01-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I have been practically bedridden for several days now. My doctors tell me it's a pulled ligament in my knee. This is the same knee with the replacement joint. According to my orthopedic doctor, I had an accident somewhere along the line and it's degraded from there. In fact, he thinks it's already started to shred badly when he considers the time frame. I don't remember any accidents or sharp pains or anything like that.

I'm perplexed with this thing and the pain is unbearable(even with strong pain killers). Has anyone ever had this happen to them or know anything about it?

I forgot to mention; I may not reply to any comments very quickly because I can't stay away from my bed long. Thanks to anybody that might know something.

shais_mom
01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
My mom and my aunt have both had to have surgery for torn ACL's and their pain was pretty intense..
Poor you, Terry!!
gentle hugs to you!!!

Freedom
01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Prayers for you, Terry!

Twisterdog
01-14-2008, 09:31 PM
I feel your pain. Knee injuries are SO bad. I've torn the ligaments and broken my knee cap not once, but twice, same knee. I took me a full year to recover the second time. And I use the term "recover" loosely, since my knee has never been the same since.

Daisy and Delilah
01-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks everyone. This ligament is the one on the side. I know the initials are MCL but I can't remember what that stands for.

Knee problems are terrible. I feel bad for anybody that has any knee problems at all. :(

Cincy'sMom
01-14-2008, 10:09 PM
A few years ago, I slipped on the ice and strained my MCL (medial collateral ligament, the one that runs from the femur to the top of the tibia and is on the inside of the knee joint). I didn't do anything about it then, and it would bother me off and on after that, some days to the point where I could do little more then limp around. Finally, about 6-8 months later, I gavein and went to the doctor. They sent me to physical therapy, and what a difference! I have not have pain in that knee since, even with playing soccer, softball and volleyball, and it has been over 3 years.

A woman I played soccer with tore her ACL last year, and tried to comeback this year. First game back, she broke her leg. They think she had a fracture from the physical therapy following surgery that was a weak point, so when she tried to play again it gave pretty easy.

Knees aren't fun injuries to deal with. I think I was lucky with mine. I hope you can find something to ease the pain, and not have any more issues!

davidpizzica
01-15-2008, 04:16 AM
I have been practically bedridden for several days now. My doctors tell me it's a pulled ligament in my knee. This is the same knee with the replacement joint. According to my orthopedic doctor, I had an accident somewhere along the line and it's degraded from there. In fact, he thinks it's already started to shred badly when he considers the time frame. I don't remember any accidents or sharp pains or anything like that.

I'm perplexed with this thing and the pain is unbearable(even with strong pain killers). Has anyone ever had this happen to them or know anything about it?

I forgot to mention; I may not reply to any comments very quickly because I can't stay away from my bed long. Thanks to anybody that might know something.
Oh Terry, gentle {{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers coming your way! I know knee pain can be unbearable and after reading your post I'm thinking with my job the same thing could happen with my knee. Terry, my thoughts are with you and if you need to talk, please PM me.

Rachel
01-15-2008, 06:47 AM
My situation is perhaps a rare one, but I had at one point in time considerable muscle pain around my knee which turned out to be a side effect of statins. I had been on them a long time so at first I didn't even suspect that and neither did the various doctors I saw. I just had to come to that conclusion however as going off statins caused the pain to eventually go away completely. When I started another brand of statins, it was about 60 days and the pains would come back.

anna_66
01-15-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you having such pain Terry:(

(((HUGS)))
Anna

lizbud
01-15-2008, 12:18 PM
I do hope the bed rest helps the healing process. Knee pain is awful.
I hope the Doctor finds a med to help you with the pain. Prayers for
a recovery soon.

Pam
01-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm so sorry that you are having this trouble Terry. I know you have been through a lot of trouble with your knee lately. I have not torn a ligament but have had water on the knee. Yes, there is really something called water on the knee. It was a big bubble of fluid under the skin. I also have arthritis in both knees. You don't realize how much you need your knees until they let you down. I am sure your little girls are keeping you company in bed. :) I hope you feel better soon.

Daisy and Delilah
01-15-2008, 06:58 PM
A great big thank you to everybody!! These posts are making me feel better. Yes, Pam, the girls are the best little nurses in the world. They love it when they can stay in bed all the time :)

I have to say that the pain hasn't subsided much at all. I have to be really careful and do exactly what the doctor told me to do or I'm back at square one. :(

ilovemynewpuppy
01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
i hope your knee gets better soon

Ginger's Mom
01-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh Terry, I just say ouch everytime I see this thread. More prayers and good thoughts going out. I am here until Sunday afternoon if I can help you at all let me know.

RobiLee
01-16-2008, 12:53 AM
I just hate to hear that you are in any kind of pain. I'm thinking about you and hoping the pain will ease up soon.

{{HUGS}}

Felicia's Mom
01-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your knee problems. I hear that is very painful, but don't know firsthand. (knock on wood). I will keep you in my prayers!

Chica
01-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi, I know how you feel. I had the same problem. :rolleyes: This doesn't go away by itself!!!!I had to have othroscopic surgery, and I healed in a month, and I have never had pain again!!!!! ;) Take it easy please!!!! :)

Alysser
01-16-2008, 06:58 PM
{{hugs}} Hope your knee gets better soon, Terry. :(