PDA

View Full Version : Ivy's weaves

Giselle
01-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Just started retraining Ivy's weave entries and I'm really proud of how well she understands them now. Let's just hope it keeps up in the next couple of months!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/th_entriesjan13.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/?action=view&current=entriesjan13.flv)

Oh yeah, she's not going fast because the weaves have a wooden base so it's really flimsy. Plus, I'm not pushing her for speed yet - just trying to get those entries down!

Freedom
01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
That does look good! You've come a long way with her.

The last class of Lacey's Basic Manners, we started a "weave" using steel dog dishes. That was 3 weeks ago. I think the first pole has to be on the left of the dog? This Tuesday we start classes again -- Beyond the Basics. Still working towards Agility for her, for fun not competition.

Crikit
01-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Her weaves are looking good, I wouldn't worry that much about speed right now. Once she has the entrances down and the footing the speed will come. When the time comes I've found that gates help a lot in the speed aspect of weaves
as it's a no fail concept and it gives the dog a chance to really build their confidence, it also helps to have something the really like to work for at the end to toss out for them. Like I said though I would work more on the footing and entrances like you currently are.

I've just started working entrances and weaves with Kiz who knows how long that will take to teach him hopefully not to long. He seems to be able to pick up physical activities better then the boring stationary ones. Guess we'll see.

Shelteez2
01-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Her weave entries look awesome! Good job.

I should quit being lazy and dig out my weaves and get on introducing them to Ramone. If I do want him to learn anything it will have to be what I teach him outside of classes.... I am so dissapointed in our agility classes this time 'round.

bckrazy
01-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Yayyy Ivy! She looks like she's doing REALLY well, Sophie. She does have an awesome trainer though. ;3

kimlovescats
01-14-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm certainly no expert on agility, but I was IMPRESSED! ;)

Ginger's Mom
01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Looks like she is doing great. :)

Giselle
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks everybody!

Yeah, I don't really mind how fast she goes on these weaves because they're ultra flimsy and not conducive to speed. In fact, they fell on top of her once :o On metal base/stick-in-the-ground weaves, her footing is nice and her speed isn't bad. I'll let that stuff kick in later!