PDA

View Full Version : About MIL's new kitty, Sprinkles.

KittyCrazy
01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
LOL She decided to change her name to Misty. She said Sprinkles sounds like a cat with a bladder problem. LMAO!!!

MIL is 80 now and I called her this morning to see how the 1st night went and she said it was pretty good....after Misty stopped playing with her hair for about the 1st hour after she went to bed. LOL Then Misty settled in and slept by her neck the rest of the night. :) I'm so happy they've both got each other now. MIL has been so lonely and depressed and I really think Misty is going to give her a new lease on life!

Fuzzybuns
01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
What a fine name...it's mine too. Well, short for Melissa because we had a dog named Missy back then, lol.

Glad they're getting along!

jennielynn1970
01-13-2008, 12:16 AM
LOL! Your mother in law sounds like she's got spunk herself!

You could have said she was named Sprinkles after those sweet little candies on top of icecream, lol.

Misty is a pretty name too! Sounds so soft!

I hope they make eachother very happy!

Laura's Babies
01-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Both are perfect names for that lovely girl!

I know what having Boo did for Mama and because of Boo, Mama held on a lot longer than the doctors had predicted. Having their own companion, someone to talk to and keep them company just does SO much for their well being and spirit. I expect you will be seeing a lot of twinkle in your MIL eyes now that she has a "friend" to keep her company. It sounds like a purfect match too!

momcat
01-13-2008, 02:15 PM
The positive effects of having a pet are well documented and I'm so happy to hear that your MIL has found her purrfect companion.
My Mom is in a nursing home and about once a month a group brings some kitties and dogs to visit the residents. It's so wonderful to see the looks on the residents' faces when a dog licks their hand or a kitty jumps in their lap and purrs. A local hospital has a section where the patients can have visits by their pets! What a great idea!!!!!

Catlady711
01-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Awww, glad they seem to have bonded so quickly!! I love it when cat's snuggle up when you're sleeping, not too thrilled about the playing with the hair thing sometimes though. lol

cassiesmom
01-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Best wishes, MiL and Misty (nee Sprinkles)!!

Felicia's Mom
01-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I am so glad your MIL and Misty have bonded.