PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this dog?

slleipnir
01-12-2008, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD4WnQ1pvMI

These people say the dog is just stupid, but I'd assume it's some sort of disorder maybe?? It doesn't seem normal...Any ideas?

Muddy4paws
01-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I always thought the dog has some kind of wire attached to its leg :o I cant see how else the dog can do that without knowing unless its a involentry movement.

I think its horrible if the owners are doing anything to the poor dog.

Alysser
01-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Some people claim they see hands touching the dog, but I don't see it at all. I don't really know what's wrong with him though, but it's really funny if he's just doing that on his own. I've actually saw a documentary on something called "Canine Obsessive Compulsive Disorder". I am not sure but that could be it.

Giselle
01-12-2008, 09:10 PM
I saw this on another forum, and my first thought is that he has some type of neurological disorder. Inability to control his limbs perhaps? And serious resource guarding. Neither are funny to me, imo.

Danegirl2208
01-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Seen this several times..there is obviously something wrong with the poor dog..not funny at all.

slleipnir
01-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah I agree. I feel sorry for it...I read on the youtube comments that the dog has a disease or something, and they're getting treatment for it..but I have no idea if that is true or not...I don't think there is a wire there...doesn't look like it...

Twisterdog
01-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I've seen this before. I never thought too much about it. I guess I just assumed the dog was playing. :confused: It seemed to me the dog was just bored and playing a game with itself ... oooooh, loooook, here comes the evil foot, sneaking up to steal my bone! Kind of like dogs will throw a toy for themselves, then run and attack it like it is trying to escape on its own.

One of my customers has a dog that will do this same thing on command, but with his tail instead of his foot. The man will say, "Mo, get your tail!" and Mo will ATTACK his own tail, with every much as apparent viciousness as the dog in this video does. Then his owner will say, "Did you kill it?" and the dog will instantly stop and be so proud of his job well done on a trick for his dad. It is completely hilarious, because we know what a nice man and a nice dog they are. Maybe that's the situation here.

slleipnir
01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah it could be..I hope that is all it is