PDA

View Full Version : A friend lost.

k9krazee
01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
A friend lost, but will never be forgotten.
I am in complete shock over this. You never think it could happen to somebody so young, so full of life and so close to your heart.
While I haven't seen Rylan in recent years, I will cherish our childhood memories together.
Please keep her family in your thoughts during this tough time.
Rylan, I will never forget you.
:(

Body found on Indiana golf course identified as MSU student
January 13, 2008

CHESTERTON, Ind. — A woman's body found on the grounds of a northern Indiana golf course has been identified as that of a 20-year-old Michigan State University student.

The body of Rylan Cotter of Okemos, Mich., was found fully clothed Wednesday afternoon by workers at the Brassie Golf Club in Chesterton, about 15 miles east of Gary.

Detective Lt. David Cincoski of Chesterton Police said positive identification was made late Friday morning when he showed a photograph of the body to her parents in Michigan.

Porter County Coroner Victoria Deppe has ruled that Cotter died from massive blunt trauma to the chest and abdomen. But she said the manner of Cotter's death — whether it was a homicide, suicide or accident — remains unknown and tests are pending.

"It's going to take several weeks to determine the manner of death," Deppe said.

When golf club employees found the body, they found no signs of foul play. Deppe said Cotter's internal organs sustained "a lot of trauma."

Officials said it appears the body had been at the golf course for 36 hours or less.

Deppe said the registration of an abandoned car with Michigan plates found in a park's parking lot about a half mile away from Cotter's body was traced to a Michigan home, and Cotter's family soon confirmed the body's identity.

Cincoski said Cotter's parents "have no clue whatsoever" why she would have visited Chesterton or the golf course.

Police are trying to determine who Cotter was with and what she did during the last few days of her life. Authorities said she spent the night Monday in Benton Harbor, Michigan

Miss Z
01-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh my gosh. That's so tragic. I dearly hope that the police quickly discover what happened so as not to put the family through any more trauma than they are already experiencing. :(

Rest in peace Rylan.

Cinder & Smoke
01-12-2008, 03:10 PM
:(

So very Sorry, Ashley.

Memo: Keep yourself Safe!
{{{Hugs}}}

/s/ Phred

Laura's Babies
01-12-2008, 03:24 PM
This is terriable news, I am so sorry!

Catty1
01-12-2008, 03:25 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} How horrible.

I hope her family finds out what happened...

Take care of yourself.

Maybe in a few days, her family might like a note from you with the good memories you have of her. Just a thought.

Felicia's Mom
01-12-2008, 03:31 PM
What terrible news! May she Rest in Peace!

Karen
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM
How terribly sad! You and her family will be in our prayers.

jennielynn1970
01-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh my goodness. There are just a rash of acts of violence happening around the country lately. So sad! Hope the police figure out what exactly happened, and if it was foul play, that the person/people who killed her will be found and held accountable.

lizbud
01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
May she rest in peace. Prayers of comfort for her family & friends.

So very sad, I'm sorry. :(

Freedom
01-12-2008, 05:21 PM
How sad. I hope they get some answers for the family.

4 Dog Mother
01-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Ashley, I am so sorry that you lost a friend that way - how horrible for you and her family especially to not know what happened. There is nothing worse than to not know what the circumstances were when your child died. What he was thinking, feeling, doing. And of course to lose a child is terrible. You lose your present and future. And it would be awesome if you at some point could contact her parents by mail or whatever and tell them of a memory or two. When Rob died those are some of the cards I was most grateful for. However I will also say that they will be so numb for awhile especially under the circumstances that she died under that it might be nicer to wait awhile. Recently I looked through some of the cards we received and don't remember seeing them before. It is just too overwhelming at the moment to really grasp what is happening.

shais_mom
01-12-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss Ash.
**hugs**

ramanth
01-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Ashley, I am so sorry to hear that. :( Such a tragic loss for you and her family.

I didn't see him often, but when I got a call that my friend was killed in an auto accident, I thought my chest was going to burst from the pain.

RIP Rylan. You'll be missed.

pitc9
01-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Ashley, I'm so sorry. :(

Alysser
01-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Aw, Ashley, I am so sorry. {{{hugs}}} I wish her family(and you!) comfort during this dreadful time.

krazyaboutkatz
01-13-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Lilith Cherry
01-13-2008, 01:25 AM
I am so sorry to hear your sad news; kindest thoughts to her family and to you.

Medusa
01-13-2008, 08:32 AM
How sad. And disturbing. Massive blunt trauma to the chest and abdomen certainly doesn't sound like a possible suicide as mentioned in the article. I do hope that this case is solved quickly for the parents' sake and for those who loved Rylan.

moosmom
01-13-2008, 05:27 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :(