PDA

View Full Version : Mark your calendars everyone!!!

moosmom
01-12-2008, 02:05 PM
for February 5th. Mike Kodas' book, "High Crimes The Fate of Everest in the Age of Greed" hits the book stores.

I started reading the very first manuscript but I'm so excited because I am buying two copies, that I wanna wait.

From what I've read so far, it's gonna be a best seller!!!

Now for the funny (?) part...the manuscript was sitting on my little table in the living room. I was having my coffee, when all of a sudden, this 17.6 lb. tub of lard Sphynx (initials MS) jumps up on the table sending everything flying covered with coffee. He and I are now not speaking (Moo and I). I called Michael in a panic and his wife Carolyn was ROLLING on the floor hysterical. She said not to worry it's just a copy he wants to keep for reference so coffee stains don't matter. I actuallyeun ran my hair dryer on it. :p

Catty1
01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Michael should frame it as an autographed copy by MS!

Freckles
01-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Check this out, too!
http://michaelkodas.com/index.html

Laura's Babies
01-12-2008, 03:28 PM
:eek: I would have freaked out too!! What a horriable feeling that had to have been for you... Phew, glad they are not upset!

moosmom
01-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks Freckles for posting the link. I didn't realize he has a website. I am just in AWE of him and his wife. They are really my two favorite people. Down to earth, vegetarians, fun loving. Funny. I adore them.

Sevaede
01-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Mark the calendar for a book? Well, what is this book about? :P

moosmom
01-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Michael Kodas and his wife, Carolyn Moreau climbed Everest twice (neither summited) and documented it. Michael took 18 months off work as a photojournalist for the Hartford Courant to write all about it.

It's about crime on the top of the world. Teams from all over the world questing to stand on the top of the world. Having their equipment stolen from their tents as they climb to acclamate to themselves to the thin air at the top. Deceit, theft, threats, deaths on the mountain. I read part of his manuscript and couldn't put it down.

This book is gonna be a best seller, I just know it!!! There'll be plenty of pictures too, one of which is proof that George Dejamsescu did in fact, beat the living crap out of his wife and threatened to toss her off the mountain.

I just can't wait till it comes out on the 5th!!

moosmom
03-12-2008, 06:34 PM
I finished the book and boy is it COMPELLING!!! I encourage all to read it. While the beauty of Everest is not in question, the motives of many of the Sherpa, and climbing teams is.

My opinion is when you get that high up in the world, and your life depends on getting up and down safely, it's every man/woman for himself/herself.

I'm just glad my friends Michael and Carolyn got back safe and in one peace.