PDA

View Full Version : Final goodbye

slleipnir
08-14-2002, 02:06 PM
When we got to the vets, I didn't think it would be that hard, until after they gave him the needle, and it finally sunk in what happened, just seeing him lay there..I broke down, I just turned my back till I calmed down and could say my final goodbye, even though he had left.

I made this for him.
http://server30.hypermart.net/foxtrotter/ruf_mem.jpg

"TIME is
Too slow for those who wait,
Too swift for those who fear,
Too long for those who grieve,
Too short for those who rejoice.
But for those who love,
Time is not."
- Henry van Dyke

ramanth
08-14-2002, 02:11 PM
:( *HUGS*

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know it's hard, but in time, the pain will ease.

Aspen and Misty
08-14-2002, 02:11 PM
That poster is just so pretty! I know sayind goodbye is hard. He seemed like a great dog, and you obviously loved him very much. I am so sorry fro your lose.

Former User
08-14-2002, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry for your enourmous loss:( :( :(

Gepansy
08-14-2002, 02:39 PM
:(I'm very sorry for your loss.:(

momoffuzzyfaces
08-14-2002, 02:44 PM
I'm sure Rufus loves the poster. When I said my morning prayers, I told God a very special dog named Rufus would be coming to live with Him today. I asked that He send some very special angels to help Rufus to the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure they wrapped him in their love and carried him there and introduced him to everyone. He is in no pain now and running free. Prayers will continue for you and your family as you deal with his going. ((((HUGS))))

Dixieland Dancer
08-14-2002, 03:37 PM
Sweet Rufus, have a safe and swift journey over the Rainbow Bridge. You will be reunited with your precious loved ones again some day but for now you can roam with all the others who have gone before you in pain free joy and excitement.

Audrey, My sincere sympathies on the passing of dear sweet Rufus. He was blessed for many years to have you in his life. Give Josie a extra big hug and let her help you deal with the sorrow.

Cincy'sMom
08-14-2002, 03:47 PM
I am so sorry about Rufus, Audrey. You made a beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog. Give Jo a big hug and together you will get through this. We are all here for you

lovemymaltese
08-14-2002, 04:02 PM
I am so very sorry, my eyes are swelled with sympathetic tears. Rufus is beautiful and will always warm your heart with his memory. Bless you for giving him such a happy life.

Rachel
08-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Audrey, I know this day has been a long time coming and that you've already done some of your grieving because of that. Your tribute to Rufus is just beautiful. I wish I had the skill to do something like that. It is really, really remarkable.

You were very brave to be at Rufus side during this time. Your words brought tears to my eyes. I hope that you are at peace with the decision to let Rufus go. It was made with all the care and love possible. You were a kind and caring guardian as he was a good dog.

tatsxxx11
08-14-2002, 04:07 PM
God Bless you dear, sweet Rufus. You were the most loyal, loving, devoted companion and friend these many, many years. And though I never met you in person, I will always keep the loving stories and precious pictures your Mommy shared with us all tucked away in my heart. For sure you are this very moment one of God's most cherished fur angels. Audrey, you wrote such a beautiful tribute to Rufus. I know the love expressed in your poem was a love felt by him every moment of his life on this earth. I send to you and your family all of my love and sympathies for your great loss. Love and {{{hugs}}} Sandra

Pam
08-14-2002, 04:28 PM
This is the sad part of Pet Talk. We all get to "know" so many adored pets through the writings of their people and so many have left us, even in the short two year period that I have been here. Just recently on the cat boards Lut lost her beloved Sydney. We feel each member's sadness because most of us have experienced it at one time. I am so sorry that Rufus is gone. We are here if you need us. :(

zippy-kat
08-14-2002, 04:28 PM
A beautiful picture, a beautiful dog.

~Many hugs and prayers your way~

Dogz
08-14-2002, 05:10 PM
So very sorry for your loss. Beautiful picture. The pain will soon ease.

anna_66
08-14-2002, 05:48 PM
I'm so sorry that you finally had to put Rufus to sleep:( Like the others have said, at least you knew it was coming and had a little time to grieve for him and be with him before he left for the Rainbow Bridge.
I'm sure Keisha, along with all the other animals that have passed recently will be there to welcome him to a life of no pain, and wonderful fields to run and play in everyday.
We will be here anytime you need to talk.
{{{{Hugs}}}
Anna

slleipnir
08-14-2002, 06:58 PM
All your words are so kind, and bring tears to my eyes. My dad says to think of it in the way of if we didn't get it done, and we let him wait till her died 'naturally' then he could die in pain, or something. I didn't want that. Dad said he had a dog once who chocked to death on a bone or something, and its a horrible thing. I'm glad he went in peace. I know he'll always be loved.

Crikit
08-14-2002, 08:12 PM
Audrey I'm so so very sorry to hear about Rufus, from what I've read and seen about him he was a great dog that you deeply loved and who felt the same way about you no doubt. Just remember that all of us will be here for you and that Jo will be there at home with you for when you need an extra kiss or a furry belly to scratch.

lizbud
08-14-2002, 09:38 PM
What a beautiful tribute to Rufus. The pictures and
wording are a real reflection of how deeply he was &
is loved. It is truly beautiful. Rest In Peace sweet friend.

Sudilar
08-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Audrey, you were so brave to be with Rufus to say good-bye. He knew that you loved him with all your heart and he loved you, too. He is no longer in pain. Remember the good times that you shared. Hugs to you and your family. Your tribute is beautiful. My heart goes out to you. RIP, sweet Rufus.

jackiesdaisy1935
08-14-2002, 10:10 PM
What a wonderful tribute to Rufus, please accept our sincere sympathies in your loss of your beloved friend.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

*LabLoverKEB*
08-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Oh, Audrey, I am soooo sorry, about your loss.:( :( What a wonderful tribute you made. God Bless.

sammi
08-15-2002, 01:45 AM
My deepest sympathy to you. You made the choice with love for your dog.

C.C.'s Mom
08-15-2002, 05:29 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's one of lifes most difficult decissions, but we do it for the love and respect we feel towards our beloved pets.

delidog
08-15-2002, 05:44 AM
oh audrey...my heart is breaking for you....i do understand the depth of your love and your loss...we have all been there...here at pet talk...try to remember the wonderful 17 years that he and you shared...it might not beeasy now...but dear rufus will always have a special place in your heart......
we will say a special prayer for you and your dear rufus!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-15-2002, 06:28 AM
Audrey, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved Rufus and what he meant to you. You did a very unselfish thing by letting him go.

Please know that we are all here for you in your difficult times.

R.I.P. Rufus.

Ann
08-15-2002, 07:17 AM
Oh, I'm crying my eyes out right now... I'm so very sorry

ellensy
08-15-2002, 10:08 AM
condolonces to sweet Rufus.... his happy and running around now at the Rainbow Bridge....

Logan
08-15-2002, 11:10 AM
Audrey, I know this was a huge, tough decision, but one that was made with Rufus best interest in mind. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Logan

Stenograsaurus
08-15-2002, 11:57 AM
My condolensces on your loss. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that Rufus is made whole again. Rest in Peace, Sweet Rufus.

Albea
08-15-2002, 12:06 PM
http://www.villa-kunterbunt2000.de/clipart1/Rainbow/gay09.gif
Dear Audrey:
It's always hard to find words to say when a friend has lost a beloved pet. We all know how you feel and are here for you. Rufus had 17 wonderful years with you and your family. You did the right thing by helping him go to the other side of the Bridge with dignity. May happy memories of him bring you comfort.

ChrisH
08-15-2002, 04:20 PM
So sorry:( I know how hard it is. Love and hugs. The tribute is just beautiful.

Tina
08-16-2002, 01:50 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Rufushttp://www.plauder-smilies.de/yellows/crap.gifI know how it is to lose a loved one. A dog at that. I'm not very good at this so I'm going to give you a hug and say I'm sorry again.:(

wolf_Q
08-16-2002, 02:36 PM
Audrey, I am SO sorry about Rufus. I'm sure he was truely an amazing dog. That tribute you made him was beautiful!! ~~Amy :( :(

RainbowAndHobbesMom01
08-16-2002, 02:53 PM
I know how you feel... My Emily went over the Rainbow Bridge about a week ago... She was also put to sleep. I miss her alot, like you do with Rufus. (((HUGS))) Sami

slleipnir
08-16-2002, 03:04 PM
Thanks everyone. It really means a lot to know I have someone to lean on. I miss him a lot, and I always will, but I'm not as sad today about it..I just think about how he was in pain, and now he's happy, and thats all I ever wanted for him. The thing that really brings tears to my eyes is the last time I saw him, just laying there. It was like thats when it actually sunk in, and it hit me hard. You know, Ruf would have made a great agility dog if he was trained, he was extremely fast, what I mean by fast is, he'd probably be able to either keep up with, or be very close to those greyhound dogs. I don't rmember much, but we use to let him go for runs on his own (he's run away, but he'd never get catch cause he was smart, and fast) plus he knew to stay away from cars. Most of the time he'd get out his own way, he'd come back when he was tired. He was such a great pal :] I don't remember him as a pup, but my brother told me he was tiny, and got stuck in this little hole under the table..sounds so cute :]

Cinder & Smoke
08-16-2002, 08:48 PM
Dear Audrey and your Brother ~

So sorry that God needed Rufus at the Rainbow Bridge...

My BridgeKids will keep a watch over Rufus and help show him around.

Take comfort in knowing that you and your Brother showed Rufus how much you Both loved him when you helped to end his worldly pain...

/s/ Phred