PDA

View Full Version : Laura - how is Boo?

Catty1
01-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Of course, I hope all your furbabies are fine. Just wondering if Boo has stayed mellower. :) (Did she trash your lingerie supply while you were gone? ;) )

Scooter's Mom
01-11-2008, 09:58 PM
I was wondering this as well!
I hope Boo is doing terrific.

Laura's Babies
01-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks for careing enough to ask, it was real rough going in the beginning! :rolleyes:

Boo, I think has done a turn around completely. She is so darn sweet now, begs for attention from me all the time and I think she has claimed me as her human now. She will get in my lap, facing me and lay down and extend one of her paws out and lay it on my chest and leave it there as to be showing the others "SHE IS MINE TOO!" I have seen her actually playing every day since I got back.... yes PLAYING! She'll play with Giz's toys, my shoestrings, whatever is nearby. It is so cute to see her play that I just sit and smile like a proud Mama..

She still stares at Samantha but no stalking. Giz still growls and hisses at her but she ignores it most of the time. She still trys to behave herself and she trys real hard. I talk to her all the time, telling her how proud I am of her, how much I lover her, how sweet she is and how I love petting her thick, soft fur and what a good girl she is. I think she now realizes that I really DO love her. The turn around has been made and just keeps going forwards. She is so much more relaxed and seems happier now. I really think she enjoys the quiet here and although she wants to be a only child, I think she is use to having the other ones around and would even be friends if they could forget how nasty she was when she first got here. The bedroom door is open 24/7 now, no more shut doors!

I have to give Nancy all the credit. The turn around started immediately with her reading and has continued to go forward ever since.

Next month will be her Gotcha Day and I will post a Happy Gotcha Day thread towards the end of the month before I go back to work.

Amy's reading with Nancy is next week.....

Freedom
01-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Oh that is SO good! You were a bit concerned in Dec before you left, whether the 'change' would hold through your absence. Looks like it is a permanent thing. Yippee!

phesina
01-12-2008, 08:12 AM
What WONDERFUL news!

Laura's Babies
01-12-2008, 08:19 AM
I think my being gone helps the situation! She gets lonesome and wants that attention while I am gone and she will do anything to get that attention when I get back. It seems to be a great motivator because I am not around messing with her all the time, which can be to much for a girl that is not use to attention all day long. I am such a hands on Mom, I have to be touching/loving one of them all the time. Can't pass one without petting/kissing or something.

cassiesmom
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Yay, what great news!

catmandu
01-12-2008, 05:41 PM
THATS GREAT MEWS THAT BOO IS GETTING FRIENDLIER WITH YU AND I THINK THAT EVENTUALLY BOO WILL REACH A RAPPORT WITH ALL YOUR OTHER CAT COMPANIONS.
TUBSTER PANTHERS SLOWLY ADAPTING ALTHOUGH HE DOESNT MUCH CARE FOR MIQUELITOS TOM FOOLERY!!!
BUT HES NOT A DISTANT CAT AS MUCH, AND HE SOMETIMES SITS NEAR, IF NOT WITH THE FOUND CATS.
TIME HAS A WAY OF MAKING OUR PETS FRIENDS , I HAVE FOUND!!!
;) :) :rolleyes: ;) :p :) :rolleyes: ;) :p :rolleyes: