PDA

View Full Version : This woman's Art Work

lizbud
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
What do you think of this woman's art work? Would you buy one?
Just curious. Thanks.

http://www.nanoel.com/Controller?action=marketplace

Edwina's Secretary
01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I wish she had a proofreader... I see two mistakes on her first page! Stationary and Parfume!

lizbud
01-11-2008, 06:00 PM
I wish she had a proofreader... I see two mistakes on her first page! Stationary and Parfume!

I don't know diddly about her but wondered about her style of art.

Edwina's Secretary
01-11-2008, 06:04 PM
I think it is very nicely done. A little "sweet" for my taste but nice looking and well executed.

Cookiebaker
01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
I really liked her artwork (especially the Africa ones) but then I saw the price. :eek:

G535
01-11-2008, 08:02 PM
She's obviously very talented, I love the animal paintings.

Twisterdog
01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I like them.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-11-2008, 09:35 PM
It's not really my style so I wouldn't buy one, but I think some of her work is pretty.

dukedogsmom
01-12-2008, 06:09 AM
I'd maybe buy an animal one but that's about it.

jennielynn1970
01-12-2008, 06:28 AM
They remind of of Andrew Wyeth's style of painting. I like them, but they have a detached quality about the subjects. I do like the paintings. Would maybe put them in a quiet room, like in my library that is more rustic and casual, rather than formal or oranate room such a dining room or parlor.

4 Dog Mother
01-12-2008, 10:15 AM
I collect angels and a friend gave me a book called Believe that has her paintings and another person's poetry in it. I like alot of what she does but I also think that some could see the way she does her angels as a little - let's see if I can word this without offending some - too revealing maybe even drawing too much attention to the fact that the (angels) children are naked. I think some would call it showing the innocence of the young she is showing and others would say it is "art".

I personally love the angels although I do not have any of her paintings. As to the rest of her paintings, I don't like the floral very well , some of her collection are a little different and others I just don't care either way meanign of course, I would not buy them.

Freedom
01-12-2008, 05:48 PM
What drew you to her? Or to the web site?

From what I could tell, she does one original, and then mass produces the prints at a more affordable price through the giclee process.

The prices of the originals - wow! I like SP35, on page 8. Dolphins.

The prints are more in my price range. There were 5 or 6 I really liked.

cassiesmom
01-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I'd order a print of this one (Catnip) in a heartbeat. Cats and peonies, two of my favorite things. I noticed on her Web site that there are pictures of her studio, but no address. (Edwina's Secretary, I noticed the misspellings too :) )

http://www.nanoel.com/Controller?action=product&id=54

lizbud
01-12-2008, 06:03 PM
What drew you to her? Or to the web site?

She has been advertising heavily with local TV ads. I was curious about
the style & how popular it was.