PDA

View Full Version : Turnip! Edwina's New Friend

Edwina's Secretary
08-14-2002, 10:09 AM
Yesterday I ended up taking my niece to get her guinea pig (now THAT was an experience!!!) We went to a guinea pig rescue in this woman's home. It was so far south I was worried as I hadn't brought my passport. Anyway...I was SO proud of my niece -- she really got into the rescue thing. Narrowed her choice (there were about 25 piggies!!!) to the two the woman said would be the hardest to place. She chose one with red eyes which I guess most people don't like (Demonic or something -- silly!)

SO here's Turnip....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pebb3c5e63560bf78fe7f0e85a3c8de73/fd678a00.jpg

When I went down to see her last night Edwina, of course, followed me. While I am talking with Turnip and taking photos Edwina is looking EVERYWHERE else..."oh look mom...there are books on the bookshelf!. Oh! I found a dust ball!"

So it seems that Edwina's response to the whole situation is best summed up in this photo....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p68c8e2975a484117493d13bd67ab103f/fd679247.jpg

yumyum6970
08-14-2002, 10:12 AM
TURNIP IS SO CUTE...NEVER HAD ONE OF THOSE BEFORE. I DOUBT OUR CATS WOULD LIKE THAT IDEA ANYWAYS. :D
ALTHOUGH WE ARE THINKING ABOUT GETTING A FEW FISH FOR THEM TO LOOK AT WHILE WE ARE GONE.

sasvermont
08-14-2002, 10:17 AM
You are such a character Edwina. Congratulations for being such a good girl around your new house mate.

You do look VERY relaxed in your latest photo.

(((((((((((((Edwina)))))))))))))))

zippy-kat
08-14-2002, 10:53 AM
Hello sweet Turnip-toes!

What a cutie! I love the bed-head look--it's so "in" right now!

ganime
08-14-2002, 10:56 AM
both Turnip and Edwina look very cute in the photos :)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-14-2002, 11:23 AM
LOL!!! Turnip is so cute. I can't imagine anyone not wanting him. And Edwina is as unflappable as ever. I believe there could be an earthquake and she would just yawn at it. What a girl!!!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-14-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
What a cutie! I love the bed-head look--it's so "in" right now!

:D :D

Turnip is a little cutie. :) I'm glad Edwina was her usual non-chalant, easy going self. I can imagine that is exactly how Peanut would act, but Tubby wouldn't leave site of that cage for days....well...except to eat that is. :rolleyes:

Former User
08-14-2002, 02:09 PM
Turnip and Edwine both look cool! And what a fun name Turnip is, I love it! http://www.salacious.de/Smiliez/Gefuehle/Gluecklich/glueck028.gif

NoahsMommy
08-14-2002, 05:03 PM
I think she has you fooled! She's conspiring for TURKEY and doesn't want you to know... :D

Turnip is a cute name!! Did your niece pick it?

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-14-2002, 05:21 PM
HA!! HA!! MISS EDWINA!!!! YOUR PICTURE IS SOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! That is the face I try and make at work soooo the truck drivers will know that I mean business!!!!!! I will have to print a copy and tape it to my face... LOL...*****

ANYWAY... Turnip is as cute as ever..... how nice of your niece to pick one that was hard to place... I think he is adorable and I am glad to know that he has a good forever home now. And judging by MIss Edwina's face... I don't think she cares to much to mess with him... lol.....(or she is saying... "This is MY house buddy!!!")

KittyKats10
08-14-2002, 05:38 PM
Oh how cute is Edwina?? She is cuter than cute and so is Turnip LOL my cat just broke into our house He is looking like he wants to jump into the computer and eat Turnip LOL :p OUT BUDDY OUT lol

Miss Meow
08-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Turnip is a little sweety - and what a name! Just love the look on Edwina's face ... "yet another servant in my kingdom!"

AmberLee
08-15-2002, 12:45 AM
ROTFLOL!

I love both of those photos! Heck, you know I love Edwina, don't you?

krazyaboutkatz
08-15-2002, 12:57 AM
Turnip is a real cutie and I love his name. I've had guinea pigs before and they make great pets. I'm glad Edwina isn't very interested in the new piggie. Now you won't have to worry about it's safety. If I had one,all three of my cats would be on it like glue. They would think it was a new toy for them. :)

Ann
08-15-2002, 07:15 AM
Oh, he is sooooooo adorable! And kudos to your neice for picking him, because a lot of people are so silly when it comes to red eyes

LOL@Edwina's picture

What's a turnip? I know I've heard it somewhere before but I can't remember exactly what it is... Some sort of vegetable I think...

KittyKats10
08-15-2002, 07:46 AM
LOL it is a vegetable :D

Edwina's Secretary
08-15-2002, 09:12 AM
Yes, a turnip is a vegetable -- which I must admit I have never eaten. My niece was looking for something to go with the red eyes and looked at her. She was eating a radish. She tried out Radish and from there got to Turnip!